Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,577 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Every time I see you post I am reminded of the below

Shutttt ittt ghostface :pac:

*not directed to the poster

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

I just think it is absolutely mad to get out of bed on Tuesday morning and finish the day by walking out your door not to return for circa 15 years.

...to find that all your customers have been shot, died from overdoses or have committed suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Oh it's been around forever, but back in the early 2000's I believe it was sold by Nigerians who were getting mules to carry in a kilo or two of very pure stuff in their luggage. Yet today you don't tend to hear of it predominating in areas where they live (Balbriggan, parts of Blanch)

I'm wondering why it took so long for Irish lads to get into dealing it, was it because the kilos of stuff brought in by truck from Spain was usually already too cut to make it.

Certainly in the 2000's I never recall much of this "100 quid for 1.5 mixed or 90 for 0.8 of flake" offers like you see these days, it was mixed and generally not much else.

I remember when you could only Hash in Dublin and not weed, now it's the complete opposite. Hash was big in Dublin when Gilligan was bringing it in, it was everywhere - usually sh*te too, remember finding lumps of plastic mixed through it.

To your point, I don't think we had international cartel figures like Christy and now his son Cancer.

Some younger lads these days operating around middle/upper-class areas are sourcing solely online due to the quality being much better. It's also very easy to get large quantities in via the darkweb, so the quality of the stuff I've come across over the years has been much better but only because the lads I got it from refuse to get involved with the scum who sell weight in areas such as the places you mention yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Pasor84

On the issiue of wm and his missus going missing presumed brown bread how does Benny w fit in to this, I new him ón a level that he wasnt anything big, knocked out a bit of smoke, had smoke with him with mates back in the day and was a likeable chap, from that to getting ended the way he did in front of family members is odd, either he declined to sell other product or was stepped on, always intrigued me. Nice man was benny

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

theballz wrote: »
    I remember when you could only Hash in Dublin and not weed, now it's the complete opposite. Hash was big in Dublin when Gilligan was bringing it in, it was everywhere - usually sh*te too, remember finding lumps of plastic mixed through it.

Only started changing 10 years ago.

Some younger lads these days operating around middle/upper-class areas are sourcing solely online due to the quality being much better. It's also very easy to get large quantities in via the darkweb, so the quality of the stuff I've come across over the years has been much better but only because the lads I got it from refuse to get involved with the scum who sell weight in areas such as the places you mention yourself

Would it be fair to say that stuff that you see on Snapchat that before wasn't particularly common here- cannabis jellies, specific cannabis strains, packs of printed cannabis brands, MDMA crystal, LSD (was always a bit of a thing that came and went when I was young, never knew a consistent LSD dealer really)- they would all be from the Dark Web? Or have big lads started to importing these things? Until recently weed was just weed now it's all this pebbles and star dog and shatter, there's so much strange terms I'm beginning to feel like the dealer in Brass Eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai6ZftaME0U

To buy any profitable amount of cocaine online would involve transferring a lot of bitcoin to a complete stranger. Seems a bit risky, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 BaySide

Pasor84 wrote: »
    On the issiue of wm and his missus going missing presumed brown bread how does Benny w fit in to this, I new him ón a level that he wasnt anything big, knocked out a bit of smoke, had smoke with him with mates back in the day and was a likeable chap, from that to getting ended the way he did in front of family members is odd, either he declined to sell other product or was stepped on, always intrigued me. Nice man was benny

Papers said it was a traveller feud between the whitehouses and CP’s / Maguires, CP had Benny killed and WM knew too much about it and was killed as he was trying to leave in case he told the Gards

Would it be fair to say that stuff that you see on Snapchat that before wasn't particularly common here- cannabis jellies, specific cannabis strains, packs of printed cannabis brands, MDMA crystal, LSD (was always a bit of a thing that came and went when I was young, never knew a consistent LSD dealer really)- they would all be from the Dark Web? Or have big lads started to importing these things? Until recently weed was just weed now it's all this pebbles and star dog and shatter, there's so much strange terms I'm beginning to feel like the dealer in Brass Eye.

To buy any profitable amount of cocaine online would involve transferring a lot of bitcoin to a complete stranger. Seems a bit risky, no?

Cake is a made up drug

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭BoojumBum

Is this fella an English Romany gypsy as opposed to our own Travellers? Surname certainly seems rare for our ones. Saw a few things indicating he's heavily linked to North of England. Didn't think we had them over here, how did he or his family end up here?

Would I be right in saying travelers in the drug game at a high level is only something seen in the last 20 or so years? Why were they so late to get into it when they were involved in nearly everything else? Would they tend to be the main wholesalers outside of Dublin/ Cork/ Limerick in many counties?

Yeah Nailyboy is a Romani gypsy not an Irish traveller

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭BoojumBum

No it didn’t it stated changing in 2007 after the summer drought in 2006, haze just got bigger in 2010/11 but weed was coming in by the boatload after the drought

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Strange that one of the guys CP kidnapped got done with flooding Diazepam into Ardoyne in 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Cake is a made up drug

One young kiddie from Ballyer cried all the water out of his body after taking Cake. Just imagine how his mother felt !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Speedline wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if Fred Sines bought it and 'rented' it back to Liam Byrne.
    Liam byrne will never set foot in dublin again unless its on a warrant and with Bomber going down i'd say his day's are numbered in bliighty as well and it seem's dubai is off the card's as well with his former best friend over their.What mind set must they have been in to cause anarchy on the streets of a european capital and actually think they would get away with it. Consumed by their own arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

theballz wrote: »

Weed is more readily available now as people are setting up grow houses all over the country. Its a lot easier to grow weed than it is to make hash too, with weed being more expensive so makes more sense.

As you said, back in the day you would always come across a lump of plastic. When you consider where the hash was originally originating from you would question what was actually in it. The rubbish of an Afgan's back yard at times. Same with the likes of Diesel hash, what was in that to give the smell of diesel off it.

A mate of mine has been living in New York over 20+ years. When he came home all he wanted was hash as weed was everywhere in the states but you couldn't get hash. Same has happened here.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

Merchants Quay is an absolute kip, got asked was I looking by two lads on push bikes as I walked passed Wood Quay today, at least 7 of them at the steps near the clinic, foil and pipes out in broad daylight.

I ask again- what exactly is the story with crack? Cocaine has been somewhat available in Ireland, at least in Dublin, since at least the 70's. Its availability has rocketed since the mid 90's. Yet crack has only really increased in the last 5 or so years, and at that seems to be confined to a handful of areas- inner city, Darndale, Tallaght, Ballymun, Finglas. Where was it 20 years ago, was even import level cocaine too heavily cut to make crack until recently?

I was offered crack in Ballymun in 2007

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ElZee

I was offered crack in Ballymun in 2007

Ok thanks for that.

Any sign CL these days? Still working out of Finglas or has he made up with the darndale lads?

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    Same with the likes of Diesel hash, what was in that to give the smell of diesel off it.

Diesel. The clue was in the name :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Oh it's been around forever, but back in the early 2000's I believe it was sold by Nigerians who were getting mules to carry in a kilo or two of very pure stuff in their luggage. Yet today you don't tend to hear of it predominating in areas where they live (Balbriggan, parts of Blanch)

I'm wondering why it took so long for Irish lads to get into dealing it, was it because the kilos of stuff brought in by truck from Spain was usually already too cut to make it.

Certainly in the 2000's I never recall much of this "100 quid for 1.5 mixed or 90 for 0.8 of flake" offers like you see these days, it was mixed and generally not much else.

9/11 changed smuggling drugs for everyone involved, bet they weren’t happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

What mind set must they have been in to cause anarchy on the streets of a european capital and actually think they would get away with it. Consumed by their own arrogance.

Sure he / they survived and some say won the Crumlin / Drimnagh feud so it was meat and drink to him. It’s all they knew and they’d been there done that.

I was about to say they thought they were untouchable but as it stands him, DK, McGovern and the rest of them literally are because we keep hearing about charges and cases being built well fk me at this rate they’ll die of old age.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭dbas

One young kiddie from Ballyer cried all the water out of his body after taking Cake. Just imagine how his mother felt !!!

Its a f*&kin disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Seaniethomas

Is this fella an English Romany gypsy as opposed to our own Travellers? Surname certainly seems rare for our ones. Saw a few things indicating he's heavily linked to North of England. Didn't think we had them over here, how did he or his family end up here?

Would I be right in saying travelers in the drug game at a high level is only something seen in the last 20 or so years? Why were they so late to get into it when they were involved in nearly everything else? Would they tend to be the main wholesalers outside of Dublin/ Cork/ Limerick in many counties?

Deffo a Romany, there is actually a decent sized community of "English" Romany Gypsies in Ireland, Andy Lee is one as is the man CP murdered Benny Whitehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Weed is more readily available now as people are setting up grow houses all over the country. Its a lot easier to grow weed than it is to make hash too, with weed being more expensive so makes more sense.

As you said, back in the day you would always come across a lump of plastic. When you consider where the hash was originally originating from you would question what was actually in it. The rubbish of an Afgan's back yard at times. Same with the likes of Diesel hash, what was in that to give the smell of diesel off it.

A mate of mine has been living in New York over 20+ years. When he came home all he wanted was hash as weed was everywhere in the states but you couldn't get hash. Same has happened here.

I recall before Ireland went weed there was a period between regular soap bar and weed where really bad imitation “pollen “ was all you could get

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

I remember driving down to waterford in the 80's they always had grade 1 hash with no shortage of supply until a bust of 150kg on a cattle boat and a follow up search of a apartment in tramore another 150kg a docker and a union offical and a spainish sailor were behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

ya sure it wasnt a pakistani postman?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭cocotheclown

How about you do both, grow, spin, hash and sell the spun weed. piece of piss. And you think all the hash came from afghanistan haha they took pride in theirs, the morrocans won't smoke the ****e stuff but happy to sell it...

Diesel hash? do you mean black? diesel hash these days is off the plant ECSD and SD or Chem...

Plenty of hash been available until the last year because of brexit and enchro... still ****loads on mainland europe...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭cocotheclown

I recall before Ireland went weed there was a period between regular soap bar and weed where really bad imitation “pollen “ was all you could get

Bad Polm or tainted like plasticine the carmello eggs were good as long as no ass juice seeped in j/k....

best way was to clean the hash yourself. but the **** Polm was heavy in henna and Benzene (Benzene in high enough doses does give a gas smell off as it's used in gas, maybe what lefty was on about!))

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Anyone heard the The Monks sister died last week ? If it's true I'm surprised it's not been mentioned here, surely it might increase the chance of him paying a quick visit. On a side issue, his house in Clontarf is looking unloved and unkept.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BaySide

Anyone heard the The Monks sister died last week ? If it's true I'm surprised it's not been mentioned here, surely it might increase the chance of him paying a quick visit. On a side issue, his house in Clontarf is looking unloved and unkept.

It’s been mentioned here and quite a bit online, the funeral was this morning I believe and he didn’t show up but Ross and Patrick hutch etc did

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

It's been mentioned umpteen times here!

Think more people the last few years starting paying bigger prices for the better quality stuff, I heard there was a few In balbriggan on it, but not because of Nigerians having anything to do with it

• Advertisement

Don’t have to transfer a huge amount for a profitable amount and there does be reviews so you know who you get it off won’t rip you off but it is high risk with customs seizing it

Advertisement