Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

MrMedium wrote: »
    I assume the person laundering money in Australia and being sent to South America in the article on Giller is Fran Fennell?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/gardai-warn-dublin-godfather-crime-24284061.amp

Highly doubt it, he is on bail, was signing on to the Garda not so long ago, he would be hanging himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    stories about a recluse who keeps his head down doing his business doest sell papers but stories about a young lad wearing guggi and designer gear who loves to hear about himself in the news sells loads... theres the major reason you dont see much about the likes of him in the red tops

Exactly mate, which is why these lads last as long as they do and others don’t - media plays a huge part in it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    But the penguin is a big fish, they’re not really low profile though are they when they’re being described in papers as an international drugs cartel and are getting assets taken off them from cab this years but yeah they are by far biggest in Ireland

Don't be silly.

A penguin is a bird. It just happens to swim in the water. It isn't a fish. Duh

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭rodmn2377

theballz wrote: »
    Exactly mate, which is why these lads last as long as they do and others don’t - media plays a huge part in it[/QUOTE

spot on, the media drives the likes of flashy etc into the spotlight...these lads love the attention....start believing the hype about themselves and then someone higher up the chain has to get rid of them because of the heat and attention its bringing to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

theballz wrote: »
    I never said he wasn't big. The question was who is the biggest and why the G's are relatively low profile - learn to read.
    Did you ever see a photo of him:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

MrMedium wrote: »
    I assume the person laundering money in Australia and being sent to South America in the article on Giller is Fran Fennell?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/gardai-warn-dublin-godfather-crime-24284061.amp

How would that work,walk into a bar or club in Columbia and ask to see the local dealer then ask him to ship a ton of coke to Dublin C.O.D.Remember what happened to the last Irishman that went there,naked and cling flimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BaySide

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Baldy caribini still has quite a large network going with Greg lynch moving lots of his stuff,as well as the Waldron brothers/bucko.

Baldy caribini still has quite a large network going with Greg lynch moving lots of his stuff,as well as the Waldron brothers/bucko.

GL is a real face. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

stingrayed wrote: »
    GL is a real face. :D

Well, half a one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

How would that work,walk into a bar or club in Columbia and ask to see the local dealer then ask him to ship a ton of coke to Dublin C.O.D.Remember what happened to the last Irishman that went there,naked and cling flimed.
    I'd imagine they'd be in contact with a fixer before going over and have some of the logistics figured out, It's a business like any other, you wouldn't just take a plane to South America and start asking people where can I buy a yon of coke

I'd imagine they'd be in contact with a fixer before going over and have some of the logistics figured out, It's a business like any other, you wouldn't just take a plane to South America and start asking people where can I buy a yon of coke

Big has a house in Murcia for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

I hear the Penguin has a place in Pheonix Park

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭corner of hells

TheW1zard wrote: »

Used to make nice chocolate bars too.

TheW1zard wrote: »

Used to make nice chocolate bars too.

Top quality stuff lads. Some real high IQ ****

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 GangstaCat

edited because it wouldnt be difficult for him to see his most recent friend request if he or his mates read this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

GG (Merc M50) to face trial on indictment.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0611/1227594-m50-pursuit/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Is there a gangland connection here or did you leave it in the wrong thread?
    From Coolock and dropped off a person on Bottler Devoy’s street.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Wrong thread mate

Is there a gangland connection here or did you leave it in the wrong thread?
    From Coolock and dropped off a person on Bottler Devoy’s street.

Nah basically a simple clown who enjoys a spliff and recognition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 BenedictC12

Snouts in the trough.

100%. Heard of a family law case recently where the Judge sided with the father big time without any valid reasoning. Only for the mother to dig deeper and find out the Judge is the captain of the same golf club the father is the pro in!

Anyway sorry for goung off topic.🀦*♂️

Theres a lad referenced in the sun recently on a mr big article, living it up in south america sourcing drugs, apparently hes some posh lad. Went on his instagram and hes all these photos of him in Panama, Colombia, Brazil, Venezuela. Anyone know his initials? Just confirming its him, could be my mate waffling. Hes mutual friends with FF (the love hate character not fat) and RL so seems legit but seems weird big would send some posh lad on that kind of thing

Forgot about him, is he living in Ireland or Spain? Think the person who asked was asking biggest trafficker still living in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

Anyone know what Sos Mulvey is at these days, havnt heard anything about him since he got out after the Cardiff Inn scrap

Fantashtic wrote: »
    Wind ur neck in mate, this is not, nor ever was Dublin gangland…. etc, etc etc, read the manual on threads… Dope.

Mate shes a joke, moves weed and only moves weed because her fella knows a polish lad living in rueben who grows it, hes a bitch himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

Outside of Dublin there are only a limited number of state solicitors all on contracts , all subject to review and scrutiny, one a county or so and probably unlikely to have a gangland case.
    State solicitors in Dublin are DPP appointed probably unlikely to swing from defense to state prosecution .

Brendan Grehan, who prosecuted among others the Ana Kriegel case, is currently the defense for one of the accused in the Eamon Kelly murder. So yes, the DPP has no issue in hiring people who regularly act as defense lawyers. Fairly sure Graham Dwyer's lawyer was prosecuting a case only a few weeks after that trial.

Can't think off the top of my head if the same solicitors routinely switch sides in gangland cases, but I can't see why they wouldn't be allowed, although they might recuse themselves from clients who are closely related to a previous case (i.e. I doubt the same solicitor would be prosecuting a Hutch Kinahan feud case and then be in the defense for another case regarding the same feud)

That Michael O'Higgins lad regularly crops up as a gangland defense, think he got Alan Wilson off from memory, can't recall ever seeing him as a prosecutor but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

Something I've wondered. Are ourselves, the UK and Italy the only countries in Western Europe where organised crime is dominated by gangs ethnically native to the country? And likewise we must be the only country where non natives have only a very minimal amount of the market.

Any time you hear of anything involving France it is Arabs, Chechens, Africans.

Germany, it's Turks, Kurds, Arabs.

The Kinahan linked lads in Holland all seem to be of Moroccan background.

Feuds in Sweden seem to involve Arabs, Somalis etc.

I suppose when recreational drugs like cannabis started to reach the common man in mainland Europe the 70's the people who knew where to source the stuff were the people who hailed from where it was grown, and knowing the ins and outs of how a drug network works they were in place to oversee heroin in the 80's and cocaine and ecstasy following that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Albanians control a lot of the coke trade in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Something I've wondered. Are ourselves, the UK and Italy the only countries in Western Europe where organised crime is dominated by gangs ethnically native to the country? And likewise we must be the only country where non natives have only a very minimal amount of the market.

Any time you hear of anything involving France it is Arabs, Chechens, Africans.

Germany, it's Turks, Kurds, Arabs.

The Kinahan linked lads in Holland all seem to be of Moroccan background.

Feuds in Sweden seem to involve Arabs, Somalis etc.

I suppose when recreational drugs like cannabis started to reach the common man in mainland Europe the 70's the people who knew where to source the stuff were the people who hailed from where it was grown, and knowing the ins and outs of how a drug network works they were in place to oversee heroin in the 80's and cocaine and ecstasy following that.

I presume there's non Arab, African or Turkish guys but you just don't hear about them. I know the Coriscan mafia are traditionally the big players in France (If you consider them native) there has been famous Dutch Gangsters who were native in the past. Germany and Sweden I dont know a lot about from an organized crime front, but I presume Germany must have some very significant players on a European level due to the size of the country. The UK seems to have Albaninan gangs who have links directly with Colombia and don't have to go through a UK supplier but I think the big players are still largely native.

• Advertisement

I presume there's non Arab, African or Turkish guys but you just don't hear about them. I know the Coriscan mafia are traditionally the big players in France (If you consider them native) there has been famous Dutch Gangsters who were native in the past. Germany and Sweden I dont know a lot about from an organized crime front, but I presume Germany must have some very significant players on a European level due to the size of the country. The UK seems to have Albaninan gangs who have links directly with Colombia and don't have to go through a UK supplier but I think the big players are still largely native.

The Albanians are primarily behind the heroin trade in the UK, hands in many pockets. I know they are also heavily involved with sex trafficking and illegal immigration - they tend to be low key by nature

Advertisement