Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Witcher wrote: »
    If you read the actual Bill you would know the answer to that.

Ireland are just catching up on what most EU and other countries already do, you refuse a photo or fingerprints, its a crime, refuse dna test in a criminal investigation same thing, and refusing password has been going around now for quite a few years, so let us give some credit at least to Ireland, it is a small country and they did not realise until all this cartel stuff came out just how much Irish lads are important in a lot of crime elsewhere also.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

It's like Gilligan the drug's are a mean's to an end.The extreme act's of anarchy and blood on the street's of a European capital by both side's in the H/K feud cannot go unpunished in today's civil society.They will end up in court at some stage and that's where the real battle will begin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

It's like Gilligan the drug's are a mean's to an end.The extreme act's of anarchy and blood on the street's of a European capital by both side's in the H/K feud cannot go unpunished in today's civil society.They will end up in court at some stage and that's where the real battle will begin.
    Thats why gerry was always on a loser with the regency
    Even if he got dk,he was always going to end up on the run or in a cell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

It seems a bit mad alright. You grow up in an area where you see the damage it causes, probably had numerous childhood friends sucked into it, you spend 20 odd years trafficking the stuff knowing how dangerous it would be to be tempted to use it, then you hit 40 odd years old and you're so depressed you say fcuk it I'm game for some. Mad carry on.

Is there any/ many people who have combined a prominent gangland career with a serious heroin habit? I know some of the Dunnes got addicted in the end. A few heroin addicts were referred to as members of the Westies in the media (Halpins, White, Allen) though whether these lads ever made serious money or were mere runners/ enforcers feeding a habit who weren't seriously regarded as players I don't know. Certainly the Halpin lads seem daft as a brush.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/woman-broke-yankee-candle-over-the-head-of-beauty-salon-robber-as-she-was-getting-her-nails-done-34482300.html

:pac::pac::pac:

I think it says more about Freddie than it does his situation.

Admittedly I’ve never done any time, the only run in I’ve had with the law was being caught with an ounce of hash when I was 15. A few penalty points along the way, that’s about it - so I’m reluctant to judge anyone who is inside struggling with the time.

However, there are rehabilitation programmes inside, there is a gym and plenty of opportunities to better yourself. Even Christy took the time to learn some languages and I believe a degree in law - from the little I understand, most people serving time are given the option to do exactly the same.

Freddie choose a different route, he is scum through and through

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Thats why gerry was always on a loser with the regency
    Even if he got dk,he was always going to end up on the run or in a cell

Not saying you are wrong but what makes you say that?

Would CK have taken to the streets to avenge his sons dead (had it of happened?) or is he smart enough to know it was expected?

Christy is not as close to the day to day runnings as he once was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

theballz wrote: »

Would CK have taken to the streets to avenge his sons dead (had it of happened?) or is he smart enough to know it was expected?

you think Christy would have just let it go?

you think Christy would have just let it go?

Not a chance but he would not have a bull in a china shop.Gerry made the biggest miscalculation of his career,once there was a paramilitary element involved,whereas if they had been shot on the street,just another two unsolved murder's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

If gerry got dk or not,he would still be on the run now in the same situation as he is,on run or in cell
    State was never going to let an attack like that go and he should have known that

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

I think it says more about Freddie than it does his situation.

Admittedly I’ve never done any time, the only run in I’ve had with the law was being caught with an ounce of hash when I was 15. A few penalty points along the way, that’s about it - so I’m reluctant to judge anyone who is inside struggling with the time.

However, there are rehabilitation programmes inside, there is a gym and plenty of opportunities to better yourself. Even Christy took the time to learn some languages and I believe a degree in law - from the little I understand, most people serving time are given the option to do exactly the same.

Freddie choose a different route, he is scum through and through

Yeah in fairness in a way you have to respect CK from where he was to where he ended up. Clearly had a strategy and plan, I can't think of many who learned Spanish, Dutch (Maybe Russian and some Arabic too) and also got a masters in prison, stayed low key and was largely unknown by the general public prior to maybe 15-12 years ago. You can't be unambitious or lazy to do those things. I also heard he was a heroin addict prior to his first long stretch in prison. Contrast that with FF who was a total oaf in comparison and treated as such by the higher ups after a while and was probably saved by the fact he was related to people who were a bit more influential.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Poor mr nobody getting more time added on,as well as his mrs & bit on the side.
    Was he part of the bomb squad and got sucked in by DK or was it all on bombers side ?

• Advertisement

Not a chance but he would not have a bull in a china shop.Gerry made the biggest miscalculation of his career,once there was a paramilitary element involved,whereas if they had been shot on the street,just another two unsolved murder's.

Well this is the thing.

Monk is known as an intelligent criminal, doesnt drink or so drugs etc. Was Garys life that important to him that he thought he could get away with it?

It was lose lose for him regardless and with the aftermath resulting in many of his family/friends being done you can bet your life he regrets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Well this is the thing.

Monk is known as an intelligent criminal, doesnt drink or so drugs etc. Was Garys life that important to him that he thought he could get away with it?

It was his own life that was important. Would the regency have happened when it did if it wasn't for the attempt in the pub at new years?

It was his own life that was important. Would the regency have happened when it did if it wasn't for the attempt in the pub at new years?
    Very well said.I wonder does DK regret the 4 mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

Well this is the thing.

It was lose lose for him regardless and with the aftermath resulting in many of his family/friends being done you can bet your life he regrets it.
    I heard he enjoys a few pints, wouldn't be surprised if he did a bitta sniff, he lived a life of crime and his family lived off the back of that name and destroyed plenty of lives, take away the nickname and the mythical figure the media have created and he's just any criminal on the run

I heard he enjoys a few pints, wouldn't be surprised if he did a bitta sniff, he lived a life of crime and his family lived off the back of that name and destroyed plenty of lives, take away the nickname and the mythical figure the media have created and he's just any criminal on the run

Doubt it, plenty of men of his age / era get absolutely gee eyed on the drink but detest drugs and drug users.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 OzBhoy88

Very well said.I wonder does DK regret the 4 mil.

Every single person involved in the feud would regret it. Hutch’s have lost many, monk on run, NIC community torn apart. Byrnes have lost a son, bomber facing years, 80 odd cartel members locked up, Kinahans exiled in Dubai. Dk wife missed her own mother’s funeral. And every single one of them is constantly looking over there shoulders and wondering what’s coming for them. Nobody wins in feuds and they are terrible for business.

Aye exactly that, and if DK and FF did not hire village idiots to do their hits like frizzy etc, he could have blamed the real hit on the russians or turks, like he normally does after stabbing someone in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Well this is the thing.

He does drink

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 GangstaCat

Noseygit wrote: »
    He does drink

Pissed out of his head in Lanzarote on the regular

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 GangstaCat

MrMedium wrote: »
    I assume the person laundering money in Australia and being sent to South America in the article on Giller is Fran Fennell?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/gardai-warn-dublin-godfather-crime-24284061.amp

Yep and Big has already replaced him a new guy who is out in Venezuela

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

Yeah in fairness in a way you have to respect CK from where he was to where he ended up. Clearly had a strategy and plan, I can't think of many who learned Spanish, Dutch (Maybe Russian and some Arabic too) and also got a masters in prison, stayed low key and was largely unknown by the general public prior to maybe 15-12 years ago. You can't be unambitious or lazy to do those things.

Ehhhh?... No.

You don't have to respect him one bit.

I couldn't care less if he got a PhD in prison and learnt 10 languages. The man sold Heroin...I'll say it again... Heroin to enrich his bank balance and in the process ruined countless lives in Dublin and beyond.

He deserves to be in prison for the rest of his days. He deserves ZERO respect in my opinion.

Ehhhh?... No.

I couldn't care less if he got a PhD in prison and learnt 10 languages. The man sold Heroin...I'll say it again... Heroin to enrich his bank balance and in the process ruined countless lives in Dublin and beyond.

He deserves to be in prison for the rest of his days. He deserves ZERO respect in my opinion.

And anyone else that deals in death.

Fedcba321 wrote: »

Only ears would wear them sh*te runners. They’ve got diamonds on them who the fcuk else would wear that horror?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Only ears would wear them sh*te runners. They’ve got diamonds on them who the fcuk else would wear that horror?

"luxury goods"...looks like something a immature child would wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Ehhhh?... No.

Fair enough, maybe respect was the wrong word. He had more ambition than the average dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

Omackeral wrote: »
    Gerry is nuts, did a few crazy strokes in Birmingham and some bad bad stuff.

Do tell.

One of their sister's seems to be mates with JOC's mrs, even commented welcome home when he got out, which is strange as not along ago a relative of theirs was telling the papers he was harassing the whole family because he wrongly believed they had a hand on the attempt on him at the pigeon club.
    Out of it on Crystal Meth at one stage and all. His mot is arguably madder...

Irish junkies are something else. Destroy their life from the 90's with heroin and instead of at least restricting themselves to that, when something new comes on the market (meth, crack, snow blow) ah I'll give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Fair enough, maybe respect was the wrong word. He had more ambition than the average dealer

If only he put his smarts to legitimate business then he and his sons could be living it up here instead of hiding away in no mans land.

All went down hill with Danny ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Can't wait for a the headline that says suspect excepted on electric scooter. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

Do tell.

Irish junkies are something else. Destroy their life from the 90's with heroin and instead of at least restricting themselves to that, when something new comes on the market (meth, crack, snow blow) ah I'll give that a go.
    Irish junkies? 😂Restricting themselves to one drug for what? Moral reasons 😂

Advertisement