Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

Any word on when Tommy Hinchon is supposed to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Caught with a mobile a while back so that will probably slow him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

irish junkies are something else. Destroy their life from the 90's with heroin and instead of at least restricting themselves to that, when something new comes on the market (meth, crack, snow blow) ah I'll give that a go.

Junkies from any country will be the same mate.

Heroin won’t fix their personal issues, they will always try new highs when you’re suffering to that extent

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

Do tell.

One of their sister's seems to be mates with JOC's mrs, even commented welcome home when he got out, which is strange as not along ago a relative of theirs was telling the papers he was harassing the whole family because he wrongly believed they had a hand on the attempt on him at the pigeon club.

Irish junkies are something else. Destroy their life from the 90's with heroin and instead of at least restricting themselves to that, when something new comes on the market (meth, crack, snow blow) ah I'll give that a go.

I don’t think it’s exclusive to Irish addicts

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

stingrayed wrote: »
    either DK invited the who,s who of drugs murder guns etc to his wedding to get tracked down on behalf of the DEA or he is the dumbest of the dumb, and his downfall will be forthcoming, they are going through a lot of phone stuff, and when they have enough to send him to supermax, offski he will go like El Chapo.

Well the fact he's still walking around as free as a bird shows he's definitely not that.

No convictions, no firm case against him, no charges pending it seems and no sign of deportation. However he has managed to do it (Hmmm) it's working for him.

I'm not convinced he'll ever be done. They couldn't get him at the height of a blood thirsty feud in their own back garden ffs.

• Advertisement

From a legal perspective civil cases make no difference to the FBI or DEA. This is a minor argument over a boxer. Don't make it to be more than it is.

Which will no doubt get resolved with a few hundred thousand $'s fine and the show goes on.

If you are dumb enough to leave incriminating stuff on your phone, that’s on you

Pictures of your children that are of no concern to others?

Pics of your Mrs' diddys she sent you or better or even a small stash of pics of your mickey you send to birds now and again when requested to.

It's private stuff. End of.

This ruling will be abused no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

Eyes1 wrote: »
    Pictures of your children that are of no concern to others?

Pics of your Mrs' diddys she sent you or better or even a small stash of pics of your mickey you send to birds now and again when requested to.

It's private stuff. End of.

This ruling will be abused no end.

Yep, you’re not wrong there

Yep, you’re not wrong there

A simple I can't remember the code as I'm panicking will suffice.

Try it 10 different times and the phone will go back to factory settings anyway :D

Try it 10 different times and the phone will go back to factory settings anyway :D

Unless it writes over the data then that's fairly irrelevant. When you delete a file, it just deleted the pointer to it. The bits (1s and 0s) are all flipped in the same combination until data is written over that address again. Its not hard at all to view 'deleted' things on a storage device

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The "offence" will be in not handing them over when requested. So you can be charged on that alone.

That you "forgot your password" could be an excuse to a judge that you can try to use. Whether it will work or not is up to the judge!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

Unless it writes over the data then that's fairly irrelevant. When you delete a file, it just deleted the pointer to it. The bits (1s and 0s) are all flipped in the same combination until data is written over that address again. Its not hard at all to view 'deleted' things on a storage device

You'd imagine in this day and age that there is an app out there that will overwrite every piece of data you have added to your phone... if requested.

You could even set it up that there are 2 unlocking codes on your phone. One to unlock it... the other to unlock it and overwrite everything in the background... behind a rotating egg timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

yeah your sudden amnesia will be totally believed by a judge.

yeah your sudden amnesia will be totally believed by a judge.

Hand over your pin then like a good little girl won't you.

For your info people can forget things if pressured or under interrogation.

Whether a judge believes it or not is another matter, it has to be proved and I'd rather take my chances than open my private phone up to a bunch of c u next Tuesdays :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Whether a judge believes it or not is another matter, it has to be proved and I'd rather take my chances than open my private phone up to a bunch of c u next Tuesdays :p

amazing the number of people on this thread who think personal abuse is perfectly ok. It does seem to attract a certain crowd.

amazing the number of people on this thread who think personal abuse is perfectly ok. It does seem to attract a certain crowd.

Personal abuse?

Deary me. Cheer up lad. Life isn't that bad.

The world has gone very soft don't you think haha

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Thats why gerry was always on a loser with the regency
    Even if he got dk,he was always going to end up on the run or in a cell

Thought about this myself and I'm not sure.

Lets say they managed to whack DK on a street, a conventional hit shall we say. You'd get the expected backlash no doubt but would his own side be that bothered to cause a lot of problems for their own operation?

I'm not convinced they would. I don't think he's as popular as some would have you think.

I think you'd get an initial reaction then it would fizzle out. He's the one along with the B's that has pushed and funded this whole feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

What would have to be proven is that you didn't hand over the pins. Which would be easy to prove. The onus on you then would be to make the judge believe your excuse and determine that your reason was justification.

A somewhat bad analogy would be refusing to give a sample at a checkpoint if the Guards want to breathalyze you or you refuse to have a sample taken in the barracks. You wouldn't be convicted of drink driving under those circumstances but you would be convicted of refusing to provide a sample.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

true however if you refuse to hand over the phone, what can they charge you with ?
    Obstruction ?

Be better than have them read something that carries a far heavier sentence.

Be better than have them read something that carries a far heavier sentence.

Same. I'd take my chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Same. I'd take my chances.

Did I read you can get up to 6 years for not handing over pin. It might not be worth the risk for 95% of people considering you’d barely do 6 for murder.

Did I read you can get up to 6 years for not handing over pin. It might not be worth the risk for 95% of people considering you’d barely do 6 for murder.

Where did you read that mate?

That's a hefty sentence alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Where did you read that mate?

That's a hefty sentence alright.

Sorry it was 5 years and 30k fine. There’s another thread about this but here’s the link.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/new-garda-powers-to-allow-access-to-mobile-phones-changes-to-stop-and-search-1.4592434?mode=amp&fbclid=IwAR31fnsDnnR0dAXPFrn4cjl_K5OESQG5S7AuJ7Pjs06qvkSpeqp6AyeDguc

*Could being the main word I suppose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

this part makes interesting reading

"This would include the gender and ethnicity of those being stopped. "

I wonder if a certain ethnicity and gender was committing more crimes that the national average, would said stat be released to the public of would it be hushed up if it did nor suit political correctness

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Was that the General's son who got charged for slashing Anto Fitzgerald?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

I can understand friendship, but once you know what is what, you might think a little bit about what is more important in life, tis true footballers do not have half a brain.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/tottenham-star-troy-parrott-snapped-20826732

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Was that the General's son who got charged for slashing Anto Fitzgerald?

Thought it was pals, but might be wrong.

stingrayed wrote: »
    I can understand friendship, but once you know what is what, you might think a little bit about what is more important in life, tis true footballers do not have half a brain.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/tottenham-star-troy-parrott-snapped-20826732

When they used to describe him as a ‘Kinahan enforcer’ I’d giggle.

State of him fgs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭benny79

I see on that Dublin Live fat freddie got in a scrap with someone in prison Roy Miller from Cork never heard of that benn mentioned in the papers..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Relax brah

When they used to describe him as a ‘Kinahan enforcer’ I’d giggle.

State of him fgs.

Also mentions thats LB was in the UK at England game. He thinks he’s British now FFS

Advertisement