Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MrMedium

I wounder would they take cash ?

Vacuum packed and rubber banded!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

They are tapping and putting listening devices everywhere.

There was a court ruling that allows them to do this. They can't use it as evidence in court but they can 'get lucky' in stopping cars etc from information they've heard.

I know of a lad through a friend that looked at his hidden camera to see the guards putting some bug under his car at 4am. The guy is really small time basically nothing so if they're bothering doing it to him then they must be doing it to every known person.

Yeah listening devices are now being widely used by the Gardai in gangland, it is a a relatively new tactic that has come in under Drew Harris. They seem to be having good success with bugging cars and homes but would imagine the gangs are exploring counter surveillance measures in response.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MrSanchez

Rumour round Dublin at the time was he was messing with underage young ones and recording it and republicans gave him a punishment shooting. Papers interviewed him and he said it was because of a bareknuckckle fight they wanted him to take a dive in or some bollix but was really meant to be over young ones from dundalk he was bringing off in a van and recording.

Very similar to what I heard, doing something with a young one or young ones and the Ra gave him a punishment shooting and told him to leave town which he did, nothing to do with his brother that all happened years later with this wife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

I see people are getting their IRAs mixed up. The big fish, THE actual IRA, the Provisionals, are on full ceasefire with Sinn Fein in Stormont. The Real IRA (Ryan brothers ) are a mickey mouse dissident group with very little support, same for the Continuity IRA who killed Tommy Crossan.
    Jock Davison is the only 'IRA man' to be killed in the last five years, with his killer Kevin McGuigan being expelled from the same organisation long before. Davison and McGuigan, who was 5 years older, were both from the Markets area and both top hitmen for the IRA anti-drugs group Direct Action Against Drugs, as the organisation was heavily against drug dealing (legitimately against it).
    ?

That's a bit of a rewriting of history to say they were legitimately anti drugs they were taxing like **** and only shot the ones who wouldnt pay same as the dissidents today. The solicitors brother SF was one of the main collectors of the tax money.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MrMedium

Eyes1 wrote: »
    BG & The Family

Is it coincidental that ur man Face gets nicked for Wayne Whelans attempted murder, has close links to BG and co, and then two days later all their money gets found?? Hmm.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭high_tower

Rumour round Dublin at the time was he was messing with underage young ones and recording it and republicans gave him a punishment shooting. Papers interviewed him and he said it was because of a bareknuckckle fight they wanted him to take a dive in or some bollix but was really meant to be over young ones from dundalk he was bringing off in a van and recording.

Really ?? Never heard that mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

oskarkoko wrote: »
    i think that lad meant taped not tapped,maybe,after last nights damage.

I did mean taped lads my bad, heading to work early this morn on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DannyBoy1117

Anyone here ever hear anything about Martin "Murt" Doyle who is missing since October 2004? From suncroft in Kildare, I see his family trying to raise awareness on facebook.

I'm following the thread a few months and a few of you in the know seem to have a info going back many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

MrMedium wrote: »
    Is it coincidental that ur man Face gets nicked for Wayne Whelans attempted murder, has close links to BG and co, and then two days later all their money gets found?? Hmm.....

It is coincidental but also very dangerous for him even if he hasn’t squealed.

Gangland kangaroo courts don’t usually wait for all the evidence to come out before acting. I’d say he’s on rocky ground.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah listening devices are now being widely used by the Gardai in gangland, it is a a relatively new tactic that has come in under Drew Harris. They seem to be having good success with bugging cars and homes but would imagine the gangs are exploring counter surveillance measures in response.
    Ireland is one of the biggest if not biggest user of listening devices and bugs in world
    No 1 or 2 with U.S.
    A leftover from provo days
    And this is going on from 70s
    And i think they can use it now as evidence since that gangland legislation came in few years ago
    Figures are out there
    Frightening stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Figures are out there
    Frightening stuff

The figures just relate to the official stuff.

Can you imagine the off the books stuff.

The single only reason that this one was found out was because the garda specifically told the ex that she'd bugged him. In the normal course of their work these people won't be telling anyone what they're up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Anyone here ever hear anything about Martin "Murt" Doyle who is missing since October 2004? From suncroft in Kildare, I see his family trying to raise awareness on facebook.

I'm following the thread a few months and a few of you in the know seem to have a info going back many years.

Remember that case. Suncroft would be a rough enough spot in Kildare. I suspect drugs but amazed more hasn't come out over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

When is the court case for the Philly Finnegan murder set for?
    Last story I heard was he disputed the figure owed to Rattigan and paid the price for refusal.
    Was there anything more to that?

Also, his old partner in crime Owen Gaffney seems to have faded into the land of strung out addicts who struggle to tie a shoelace.
    Seems to have kept his name out of the media since the big case against the cops which is a bit of a miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

BG and his mob all over every paper today.

Looks like the start of the end for these lads after keeping their heads relatively low for a long time.

Nexytus wrote: »
    The figures just relate to the official stuff.

Can you imagine the off the books stuff.

The single only reason that this one was found out was because the garda specifically told the ex that she'd bugged him. In the normal course of their work these people won't be telling anyone what they're up to.
    Thats a scary story on many levels
    Another reason never to date a cop
    I thought they need either a judge ot justice of peace to sign warrant same as search warrant and they were the figures out but not so sure now.will look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Akesh wrote: »
    Suncroft would be a rough enough spot in Kildare.

Lots of pockets like this all over North/South Kildare, its actually mad how under the radar they would go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

airmax87 wrote: »
    Lots of pockets like this all over North/South Kildare, its actually mad how under the radar they would go.

There are a few estates in Leixlip, Celbridge that are proper dumps. Athy also another ****ehole.

I believe Newbridge has similar areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Pintsofstout

The area which that occurred is a weird mix of people.

Right next to Curragh Barracks which draws in lads from all over the country, mixed with a few heavy enough MC’s and a lot of hardcore hills have eyes type folk out the Nurney way.

It’s a rough part of the country, Suncroft/Nurney/Brownstown all very small villages but all riddled with Gear in the last 20 year.

There are a few estates in Leixlip, Celbridge that are proper dumps. Athy also another ****ehole.

I believe Newbridge has similar areas.

Newbridge has gone real bad last few year, travellers after buying up a lot of houses and making their own little enclave.

Athy folk are a different sort altogether, being totally serious there’s a lot of inbreeding between between a few families down around that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Forget those spots around newbridge they're not much about anything bar a few junkies and travellers in them.

Allenwood and surrounds is the capital of crime in Kildare

• Advertisement

Forget those spots around newbridge they're not much about anything bar a few junkies and travellers in them.

Allenwood and surrounds is the capital of crime in Kildare

Yeah would agree, have heard a few grim stories outta there over the years.

Lot of old RA heads out that direction also. Easy enough to keep under the radar in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I passed by 6 garda cars parked on a street , they seemed to be arresting a young man in a small car.
    its on cumberland street at 10.40am approx.
    i,ve never seen 6 garda cars in the same street ever .

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MTKcleaners

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

Healy-Raes??

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Mago MVP

Looks like the start of the end for these lads after keeping their heads relatively low for a long time.

Big wins again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Just remembered having a pint n town last year and chatting to a father and son who had a lease on a bar in Athy. He took it over and had to run a group of dealers out of the bar. They didn’t take to kindly to it and all sort of **** hit the fan. I was really surprised as he described the going on in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gangbanggossip

yup Athy is a dive I cant think of another town in Ireland with a population of less than 10 thousand with more murders in the past few years

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Who would be the main man ?
    Brian or Philip ?

Allenwood is now and always has been irelands rural capital of crime
    Seems like every smuggler in country operates out of there too
    A differeent breed out in the bog

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

4 Million was a fair ball of cash for cab to find in a village in Co Kerry . Man from laois charged this evening . Must be a sizeable hit to any gang . Unusual part of the country to be hiding it

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-charged-with-possessing-proceeds-of-crime-after-4-million-cash-seizure-39583192.html

Advertisement