Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Gusser09

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Thats exactly the point, let the other thread be closed, the amount of users thread banned already may as well shut the thread anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Oh, I see. It was a different fellah I had in mind. Served ten years in Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭yermanhimself

I think he meant that he always drank a little and was not a big drinker or teetotaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I missed this but will check it out.

Pitty so many got banned and others left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Captain Fantastic 1984

Defo INLA involved. Apparently a smart remark outside a chipper and a damaged car is what started it. Patrick Campbell (if my memory serves me correctly) was tortured and killed. And it could have been al lot worse. Read about it in either a Paul Williams or Barry Cummins book a few years back!

Hes done very little time. A bit in St Pats from the Bugsy Malone days but **** all since then. Notoriously known has having little to no convictions. Which he why he was always highly respected. Especially as the dogs on the street knew he done the brinks jobs but never got done🤷‍♀️

Fun fact, a few of us ordered a limo for our debs in 2002 to bring us to the Red Cow Morans. Who shows up? Only the monk in the hummer 😂😂😂 only 17 at the time bought us naggins on the way and all!! Reading todays papers it seems Dowdalls main line of testimony is Hutch was an active participant in the Regency. Realistically how plausible is that? Would he not be too old for that malarkey like? Would he not be too clever to get that hands on in something like that? Would it not be too much of a risk for him considering how long he's been so clever in evading these kind of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Spencer101

Guessing the CAB estimates of how much you spent on doing up your house tend towards the high side. But even if it’s 1/3rd exaggerated to spend €300,000 (instead of claimed €400,000) on a house bought for €125,000 seems nuts. Is his partner from Coolock ? Don’t immediately get why a guy from afaik Sheriff Street ended up out there.

• Advertisement

Including the present time on remand he’s done about 4 years as an adult. Did time in Mountjoy in 80s. Not sure how much time he did as juvenile. But for a guy who is 60 in April he’s not done a lot of time especially up to his arrest last summer.

Exactly! Why hes been regarded as a highly intelligent ODC! Aquaintance of mine has dealt with him professionally and then personally and said he acts the thick but is very very intelligent and way above any other criminals that were around at his time. Also apparently wasn't afraid to say he felt he was above the likes of the general and John gilligan and the like! Always thought of them as beneath him!

Gerard has usually let other scrotes take the fall for him. No better than a rat.

Think some of the media a weekend or two ago described him as a mythical figure. Myths obviously are not fully accurate. A case in point is re alcohol. My understanding is he has always taken a drink he's just been normally modest in his consumption for many years. There is of course pictures of him at his 50th birthday and in 1-2 other occasions where he's as drunk as a lord. Even this month some ignore that and think he's teetotal. So my belief is other facets of his personality/ character as part of the myth have been over done. Don't think anyone ever pretended Cahill or Gilligan were intelligent. Now you can get into cul-de-sacs about differences between intelligence and judgment/ common sense. Is the fact that Gilligan is believed to have ordered the death of a journalist not why he became so unpopular with the 'fraternity'. It was so obviously avoidable and once it happened it was going to bring down immense 'heat' and anyone doing it could be described as stupid. Cahill was perhaps cunning and shrewd but going Mano a Mano with the IRA wasn't too wise.

the papers have no problem with a photo of David Byrne dead but if any non paper photographer photographed a person in an accident they would be criticised. This is because the photographers cannot guarantee to be the first there now and do not want anyone with a phone getting a better shot. So they make it 'wrong' to take such a shot nowadays

i am not pro byrne or crime, just pointing out the two tier morality of the photographers

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Gusser09 threadbanned

Does anyone know if the public can attend the Hutch hearing.?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lifted as a result of assurances over future posting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

I hate to be pedantic, but a monks 'training' is called his 'noviciate'. Just don't want the standards of this forum slip in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,548 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

"Novicate" is a noun which refers to the period in which he would have trained. Whereas "training" if correct as the verb to describe what he would have done at the time. I have sent off a few letters of inquiry to various religious orders to see whether I can get to the bottom of the matter. However there are also those Kung Fu fighting type monks which means I may never get a definitive answer. I don't have any contact details for them.

You need to be very careful about your grammar when posting on here. Gangsters are notoriously pedantic about these things. It is rumoured that a number of the posters who don't post and are listed as "threadbanned" have actually been taken out for incorrectly using the Oxford comma and other such crimes. The threadban is just to cover that they stopped posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 croatianpassport

• Registered Users Posts: 25 croatianpassport

Gusser09 you should go for PM. You'd have a better run than Truss

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Petermc83

Where’s the best place to follow the daily goings on from the trial online? What’s the best news source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

DT - I appreciate your thoughts on the matter, but I will respectfully disagree. As a segway : the threadbanning of many was my initial reason for the post . Your comma remark above minded me of the great Con who once said "A man who will misuse an apostrophe is capable of anything." So all gangland creatures should be very careful of their commas, apostrophes, et al. A GIM will now be a Gangland Informative Message.

Im back lads. Short enough sentence. Promise i didnt rat 😂

realdanbreen threadban lifted

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Mick O'Toole does a decent summary on Spotify every day, about 20 minutes duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭40supple

Ross had an emergency escape chute in his house in Garristown with a motorbike at the end of it.

re: CAB case

he must of been paranoid to bits

The aul man Fowler won’t give anymore evidence for Ross’s defense of the case, no love lost after they clipped his son

he got involved with the kinahans and lost his son, business, marriage and is doing 5 year in the clink because of it…

what an idiot wanna be

Kdistrict threadban lifted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 whoWHATwere

Full Story....

https://m.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/woman-32-who-allegedly-helped-murderer-hide-after-jordan-davis-shooting-denied-bail/1448531852.html?fbclid=IwAR2BjYM5eN9wZ8Objf2yuWpCFPZtBtSJQAkZoYd6LrhFAFRiqbzjaln5smI

A woman helped a father of one’s murderer to evade justice by booking him into a hotel after the killing and fleeing the country with him, it has been alleged.

Rachel Redmond (32) appeared in court yesterday accused of assisting Wayne Cooney after he gunned down Jordan Davis while the victim was pushing his infant son in a pram on a Dublin street.

Not charged surprised by that

Address up north not Dublin 🤔🤔🤔

Roos not been in court yet either

Post edited by whoWHATwere on

Advertisement