Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bagdball17

Any idea if the chap in his 40’s is JH sr ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Only the botched shooter is dead unless I have missed something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Tintin101

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Quitelife

If I was the owner I’d hardly be happy to have someone killed on my premises or if I was a nearby punter I certainly wouldn’t be going to this place anytime soon . Maybe in Dublin people are so used to all the crime they don’t care anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Doesnt look like it the auld lad shot unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Barbosa92

That excuse of the kids have nothing to do is always dished out to excuse scumbags behaviour. Trying to cast the blame elsewhere instead of where it should be, at the scumbags parents. “Deprived” areas get much more investment then most other areas and it makes fcuk all difference.

It was Jay senior. They are all posting about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Jesus christ,what it is it with this guy and the bullshit. It was a father and son targeted, the father was hit,known to gardai ,jnr has posted on insta since and folk on here confirmed it was senior. What more do you want? Clown as per

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Advertisement

Ah yeah the main mouth piece of the thread. I'll rattle your cage when i want your opinion mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

It's more complex than just providing facilities.

A lot comes down to parents and families.

One silver lining of the housing crisis is you're seeing gentrification of traditionally lower income areas like Crumlin, Drimnagh, Finglas, Cabra.

So at least the areas more mixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Did I say all of northern Ireland?...I said area I grew up in. Maybe read a post before responding? I actually live in ballyfermot and it 100 percent does not lack for "outlets for kids".

Then again you never actually responded to the questions in my posts so not surprised.

I'd say you were probably around carol singing at the "victims" families this morning given your standard reply on here "won't someone think of the scumbags families" lol.

Your boring me now so on ignore you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That was kind of my point

The standard thing rolled out by community leaders, TDs etc is lack of facilities etc. My point is that isnt really the issue imo in Ballyfermot. It is mostly parents, families, peers.

You have a point on gentrification, I live in a quiet older part of lower ballyfermot, slowly but surely it is improving due to decent hard working people buying the houses that go for sale, as they have been pushed out of buying in other more "gentrified" areas.

So you're comparing some small town to Dublin? That's even more silly, you're not helping yourself. I had assumed you were comparing apples to apples i.e. Belfast to Dublin, or Derry to Galway, or something. Honestly, that's a bizarre comparison that shows very little thought went into it.

You moved from a nice small quiet place to the biggest **** hole in far and above the biggest city in the country and are wondering why is there more anti social behavior. You're gas hahaah

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Updaparish

I wonder how many people got gift vouchers for the restaurant as present this morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

No more bickering on thread please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

Yes exactly. The eastern part of Ballyfermot is gentrifying quite rapidly as it's close to town and Inchicore/Kilmainham.

A Dart station on Kylemore Rd would do wonders for the area.

It takes time though.

Most of the deprivation is the Cherry Orchard area.

Facilities alone don't work. You need good parents/families and other role models like teachers, coaches, community leaders. Also early intervention programs.

Even with all that, it doesn't work on some people.

Its nothing to do with facilities or amenities. When we were chaps we were kicked out for hours on end with hurleys and footballs onto a green. There were no astros or youth clubs or cinemas etc. We didnt become scumbags drug dealing or menacing the community. We had a bit of parental direction, knew right from wrong and the community also helped rear us. The local gardai knew us all and we had a healthy respect for them because it was bet into us at home.

Its the usual local reps and national reps looking to blame everything and everyone for scummy carry on without just calling it out for what it is. Its generational breeding of pure waste. We give them free houses for life, weekly "pay" and dont punish them by removing these privledges even when they murder and cause mayhem.

We are in a sad position as a country and have been buried into this chaos by fine gael and fianna fail governments. Cant even blame the shinners.

Expecting the tax payer to keep these scrotes at our expense all the while young couples cant afford a house and dont qualify for social house.

We are too tolerant of these scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 HairyFeet

Don't get me wrong it's definitely not a perfect answer I agree completely, didn't get it across very well but I meant outlets like sports to dedicate to that teach a bit of discipline. My area has the parks and astro pitches aswell but they're just full of nitbags having sessions.

Thats just not true mate, most of the investment in my area comes from the pablos the place was left to rot by the government

I agree mate thankfully I have good parents so I was wide growing up half the lads I grew up with are dead or locked up. But it's just not like that anymore ye don't see kids out playing football or hurling anymore they're walking around in moncler jackets by the time they're 11. Fair few fannies crying here over me saying outlets as if I meant its the only solution its definitely on the parents 100% but having an outlet such as a sport and good guidance from managers coaches etc is extremely effective. The parks and skate parks and shite like that, you can take a horse to water

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Speaking of horses, they have an equestrian centre in Cherry Orchard too and there's a karting track on Killeen Rd to hone their driving skills, adding to the list of local facilities but they'd rather trot around the roads on malnourished ponies or play bumpers in stolen cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭Augme

Have many of these facilities that people have listed are free? Apart from the local skate park and park with a football pitch, I doubt anything else is.

The leisure centre is cheap, karting costs a bit in fairness, but the rest are free to use AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

Too much is spent on these scrote dogs. Remove all facilities and funding. They all deserve zilch in these areas

If you save a fraction of the kids, the money is well spent but parenting, or lack thereof, needs a lot more attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 i_am_me

It's not even about them having an outlet, it's generational thing now. The kids at all this now got it from their parents and them from theirs. And the ones whos families have no involvement in crime see the others in their expensive clothes and acting like they own the world.

Where before it would have been sell drugs/rob banks or whatever to survive mostly. These kids you see hanging round the place yes they want the money but seems like it's more the notoriety of it in their area, a somebody. That could be very hard to walk from for a skate park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

Advertisement