Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 YourMasFella

Coolocks a fairly big place so there must be more than one sanchez, I cant imagine he does tie in with any feud and ryan is very common name.

ya would know dem if from that way

paw patrol wrote: »
    Det Gda Michael McCallion objected to bail citing the seriousness of the charge and the likely sentence on conviction for demanding money with menace which is 14 years.

14 years for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭john boye

antics1 wrote: »
    Also, can anyone tell me why the whistleblower made his account private? A bit counter intuitive
    Surely? I'm not on twitter nor have I any desire to be.

That's interesting. And gangstergossip has gone pretty quiet on here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 YourMasFella

john boye wrote: »
    That's interesting. And gangstergossip has gone pretty quiet on here too.

Gangstergossip is the whistleblower

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SSLil

Gangstergossip is the whistleblower

https://youtu.be/_zrMykBnidM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

ya would know dem if from that way

Would I now?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MrSanchez

Two of them were before the courts today !

It says in the article one of Ireland’s biggest cannabis dealers is in court I’m not taking about Ru and Bf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

14 years for that?

Well it is a very VERY serious crime.. and absolutely traumatising and life changing for the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MrNiceGuy42

I'd be surprised if his sentence exceeds the time he spends on remand. Probably out as soon as trial finishes.

I never heard any mention of it but was his son ever linked to the Westies in their heyday? He was born and raised in Corduff and is in the same age bracket so almost certainly would have known them. Combined with the fact he's a heroin user/ convicted dealer you would have imagined their paths would have crossed professionally.

With spanish courts can go either way i rekon hell get a bit of jail because hes a big catch in terms of marketing but a year or 2 served he be out if youv no previous and it under 2 years you wont do any jail you can get caught with a gun here and not serve a day .Dont know much about the son he obv kept the head down up to now a big target on his head.

4 years is a long time when you're 68

4 years be the official at best prob spend a year or 2 hell be laughing if in ireland be getting min 12 years.Hes a nobody obviously has no back up if hes in the spot with all that and a gun and bringing his son even worse

• Advertisement

NorthCity wrote: »
    He would be well aware of the sentence he is facing , But he didn't crap himself for nothing , The gun may have a history in Spain which could put him away for the rest of his life , Fingers crossed
    I doubt it to be honest bud hes defintly not murdered anyone in spain and to ship one of the hotest weapons in the irish state to spain and bury at a spot your bagging,at best they might have bought a few of them in the 90s and shipped to spain but even that is very unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

I doubt it to be honest bud hes defintly not murdered anyone in spain and to ship one of the hotest weapons in the irish state to spain and bury at a spot your bagging,at best they might have bought a few of them in the 90s and shipped to spain but even that is very unlikely

Could be a plant

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MTKcleaners

Whole thing stinks of a setup, coppers knew what they where looking for, however if it is not a setup, he deserves everything he gets, ya dont touch women and kids, he and the Kinahans scrotes have broken every gangster code, so hopefully they will all go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Whole thing stinks of a setup, coppers knew what they where looking for, however if it is not a setup, he deserves everything he gets, ya dont touch women and kids, he and the Kinahans scrotes have broken every gangster code, so hopefully they will all go down.

Gangster code? They're all scumbags ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

With spanish courts can go either way i rekon hell get a bit of jail because hes a big catch in terms of marketing but a year or 2 served he be out if youv no previous and it under 2 years you wont do any jail you can get caught with a gun here and not serve a day .Dont know much about the son he obv kept the head down up to now a big target on his head.

He has a long criminal history. He wont be treated as a first offender. the spanish are not stupid. He will also sit on remand until the case comes up in court. no bail for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MTKcleaners

Hoboo wrote: »
    Gangster code? They're all scumbags ffs.

Aye cannot deny that it all changed when they discovered easy cash in drugs. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

The gun find looks a bit dodgy to me, buried in a side passage/garden, in a plastic bag, presumably open to the elements, only a couple of inches down yet it is in pristine condition when dug up (except for a little bit of dirt on the corner of the plastic bag), a number of breaks in the video clip, I smell many rats

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    The gun find looks a bit dodgy to me, buried in a side passage/garden, in a plastic bag, presumably open to the elements, only a couple of inches down yet it is in pristine condition when dug up (except for a little bit of dirt on the corner of the plastic bag), a number of breaks in the video clip, I smell many rats

I'm of a mind that it's not the Veronica Guerin gun but maybe a trophy he kept, same gun but not THE gun.

Theres no way he is carrying around the guerrin gun all these years and burying it out his back garden all these years, he was in jail for something like 20 years, cab took his equestrian centre did he have it buried there too?

Im very suprised he had all them drugs and money in his gaf too though. Maybe the head is going soft but Im sure at some stage over the last 20 or 30 years he knew well enough to get rid of the gun used in one of the biggest profile murders in the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Theres no way he is carrying around the guerrin gun all these years and burying it out his back garden all these years, he was in jail for something like 20 years, cab took his equestrian centre did he have it buried there too?

Im very suprised he had all them drugs and money in his gaf too though. Maybe the head is going soft but Im sure at some stage over the last 20 or 30 years he knew well enough to get rid of the gun used in one of the biggest profile murders in the state.

I doubt he has minions willing to stash drugs for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Ratbags

Good info here 95% correct jf is rr business partner

LastODC wrote: »
    A childhood friend of RR JF blamed Barry on ripping him off with 40k. He was the only one left that would give them 2 clowns work too so they done it for peanuts. It was also same lads weed that was caught in coolock industrial estate recently not bigs as some people have said on here. Id say r is sh1tting himself coz he cant do jail last sentence nearly killed him and hes going to have to go on protection now with the handicap 23 hours locked up. He be butchered if he goes on normal landing

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Ratbags wrote: »
    Good info here 95% correct jf is rr business partner

Any clues on JF?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Ratbags

Well dressed posh one likes to stay out of the limelight the brains of all the operations rr has been involved in rr will now bring him down to
    Watch this space

Any clues on JF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Aye cannot deny that it all changed when they discovered easy cash in drugs. :mad:

That raises a good pointl.

Whatever happened to the big cash robbery jobs?

Crime evolves. Bank robberies largely died out by the turn of this century, the internal design of them making escape near impossible. They were swiftly replaced with even more profitable tiger kidnappings. Other victims of modernisation were the robbery of wage packets for factories, factory goods robberies (perhaps because there are less market traders around today to shift the goods) and so on.

Now though I can't recall a significant six or seven figure robbery in many years. Cash van jobs typically seem to get whatever the guard is carrying as he enters the shop rather than the contents of the van. Post office robberies still occur but never seem to net major funds, often probably junkies doing them.

Are kids like Flashy and the Darndale crowd just too thick to pull off the intricate plots that their predecessors did? Or has technology put paid to it (the worry of having a seven man robbery team and it all going to pot by one eejit bringing his smartphone with him tracking every move)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

That raises a good pointl.

Whatever happened to the big cash robbery jobs?

Crime evolves. Bank robberies largely died out by the turn of this century, the internal design of them making escape near impossible. They were swiftly replaced with even more profitable tiger kidnappings. Other victims of modernisation were the robbery of wage packets for factories, factory goods robberies (perhaps because there are less market traders around today to shift the goods) and so on.

Now though I can't recall a significant six or seven figure robbery in many years. Cash van jobs typically seem to get whatever the guard is carrying as he enters the shop rather than the contents of the van. Post office robberies still occur but never seem to net major funds, often probably junkies doing them.

Are kids like Flashy and the Darndale crowd just too thick to pull off the intricate plots that their predecessors did? Or has technology put paid to it (the worry of having a seven man robbery team and it all going to pot by one eejit bringing his smartphone with him tracking every move)

They are making enough money selling drugs they don’t need to do robberies and/or kidnapping.

The big boys only do robberies now when they lose shipments and need cash fast.

The little lads and the addicts are usually doing hair brained schemes like jumping counters.

Some lads would be selling fake watches or stolen cars or cars that belong to the finance company.

Setting up claims.

Drugs is where the moneys at though. Gets the girls as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

theballz wrote: »
    They are making enough money selling drugs they don’t need to do robberies and/or kidnapping.

Off the top of my head the Westies, Big, the late Eamon Dunne,his pals the Finglas brothers, the Dunnes, were all heavily involved in armed robberies at a time when they were receiving steady income from drugs.

Something has changed in the culture it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Thesiger

Dutch documentary here reporting from Darndale, Kilmore, O’Devaney Gardens, and Finglas (I think?):

https://www.npo3.nl/danny-in-de-buitenwijken/03-10-2018/VPWON_1284298

Starting at around 03:30, the youngfella on the moped, would that be one of the lads from around there that gets mentioned on here time to time, with the foreign last name that got shot earlier this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

Just read this.

Wonder what implications it will have:

The European court of justice has ruled that all Encrochat hack cases in UK and other countries are mass surveillance by government and all cases must be refered back to appropriate courts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

Advertisement