Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Surely that cash transaction would need too be reported by the bookie under anti money laundering process due too the large cash amount so surely they had a way too prove where that amount of cash came from.

Was it one docket? I would have thought they probably done it across 3/4 different bookies and in 10 or so branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Surely that cash transaction would need too be reported by the bookie under anti money laundering process due too the large cash amount so surely they had a way too prove where that amount of cash came from.

Happy bookie! Thing with cab is, there's no such luxury of presumption of innocence. Nice car son, how did you manage to get that under yer arse? Well I em eh.. Yoink!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Nowadays they have to back then they didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

Sean ‘Big Sexy’ Turner the MTK boxers house after being raided.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Be hilarious if MTK were actually paying all their fighters with drugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Be hilarious if MTK were actually paying all their fighters with drugs

Jono Carroll put up a picture one day of his earnings, 50s wrapped in cling film. I mean FFS they aren't even trying to be legit doing that.

Genuinely dislike all MTK boxers, Carl Frampton seemed a decent guy, got into trouble with Mcguigan and then went and signed with MTK? WTF? He didn't need to go down that road, he was a top level boxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Happy bookie! Thing with cab is, there's no such luxury of presumption of innocence. Nice car son, how did you manage to get that under yer arse? Well I em eh.. Yoink!

Have a read what the BOCG were doing with there cars true There garage.most of the cars where on loan so they couldn't be seized while being driven

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

Eyes1 wrote: »
    Sean ‘Big Sexy’ Turner the MTK boxers house after being raided.

Any more word about this??

Jono Carroll put up a picture one day of his earnings, 50s wrapped in cling film. I mean FFS they aren't even trying to be legit doing that.

Genuinely dislike all MTK boxers, Carl Frampton seemed a decent guy, got into trouble with Mcguigan and then went and signed with MTK? WTF? He didn't need to go down that road, he was a top level boxer.

Josh Taylor left McGuigan recently too after they delivered him a world title. Same as Frampton. No loyalty in boxing. Money talks and MTK and brought that to a new level.

No doubt they are paying boxers in cash. Jono Carroll couldn't wait to show it off. That McGregor wannabee loves thinking he's in with the gangsters. I was delighted to see him lose lastnight and I'd never cheer against an Irish boxer. Just goes to show you how much MTK have ruined the sport in Ireland!

DK has them all so brainwashed that it wouldn't suprise me at all if he was paying some of them with drugs. The last two raids are proof of that being a serious possibility!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    Any more word about this??

Short video of it up on North Dublin Garda Checkpoints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭high_tower

Josh Taylor left McGuigan recently too after they delivered him a world title. Same as Frampton. No loyalty in boxing. Money talks and MTK and brought that to a new level.

No doubt they are paying boxers in cash. Jono Carroll couldn't wait to show it off. That McGregor wannabee loves thinking he's in with the gangsters. I was delighted to see him lose lastnight and I'd never cheer against an Irish boxer. Just goes to show you how much MTK have ruined the sport in Ireland!

DK has them all so brainwashed that it wouldn't suprise me at all if he was paying some of them with drugs. The last two raids are proof of that being a serious possibility!

They are alleging that Barry was no angel when it came to paying. Will all come out in the court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Shamrock21 wrote: »
    I always found it strange that there was no mention of the 3rd person in the video of GH and Duckegg or am I wrong and it was it mentioned on here ?

There was plenty about him. He is no longer with us..Done in a field in Meath few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Shamrock21

There was plenty about him. He is no longer with us..Done in a field in Meath few years back.

Have a look at the video again I can assure you the person I'm talking about hasn't been done, from what I have seen there has never been a mention of a connection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Shamrock21 wrote: »
    Have a look at the video again I can assure you the person I'm talking about hasn't been done, from what I have seen there has never been a mention of a connection.

Where is this video?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Shamrock21

Where is this video?

Irish independent , video after funeral of brother,

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

Is that all that's happening here i.e. CAB are about to re-possess unexplained assets so the BOCG lads try to do as much damage first to spite them, as opposed to rivals targeting them while they're weak?

The old expression "there are no stupid questions, just stupid people" comes to mind here!!!:rolleyes:

I'd doubt even the most dodgy criminal defence solicitor would try suggest such utter bollox! ;)

Its not an unusual occurrence to happen in the circumstance nor is it exclusive to the Byrnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cknfriedrice1

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

EMPunk wrote: »
    The old expression "there are no stupid questions, just stupid people" comes to mind here!!!:rolleyes:

I'd doubt even the most dodgy criminal defence solicitor would try suggest such utter bollox! ;)

Its not an unusual occurrence to happen in the circumstance nor is it exclusive to the Byrnes.

What are you talking about? I was asking the guy a question - not making a statement. I haven't a breeze who was responsible or the motivations. That is why I'm asking.

What level of criminality was Duck Egg involved in? Papers always make him out to be a saint but he must have been up to something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

What level of criminality was Duck Egg involved in? Papers always make him out to be a saint but he must have been up to something

He didnt put all his eggs in one basket, thats for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Noseygit

Very little. He was living a clean life. His son didn't livk it off a stone though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Security/insurance.. it's a pretty fine line between the two. Criminality, is a grey area when it comes to that particular profession. Some run things friendly and keep things in order, others don't. As for Noel Kirwan, I believe he'd have fallen into the former category.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Security/insurance.. it's a pretty fine line between the two. Criminality, is a grey area when it comes to that particular profession. Some run things friendly and keep things in order, others don't. As for Noel Kirwan, I believe he'd have fallen into the former category.

Whatever about drugs, getting kids to smash windows of honest businesses is, as far as Im concerned the same as robbing gafs and washing lines. All these hereos, republican or not seem to print licences to whoever pays them, just like junkies and politians and local hard men, and pretend to be decent people.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

What are you talking about? I was asking the guy a question - not making a statement. I haven't a breeze who was responsible or the motivations. That is why I'm asking.

I never said you made a statement pal!

If you haven't a breeze about who was responsible or the motivations then you must be very naive, sure its not the first time one of his CAB properties has been wrecked

If I took your car/gaf off you and everyone knew I took it and it was mine now why in the world would your enemies come wreck the car/gaf to spite you???

Or would you come wreck it to spite me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

EMPunk wrote: »
    I never said you made a statement pal!

If you haven't a breeze about who was responsible or the motivations then you must be very naive, sure its not the first time one of his CAB properties has been wrecked

If I took your car/gaf off you and everyone knew I took it and it was mine now why in the world would your enemies come wreck the car/gaf to spite you???

Or would you come wreck it to spite me;)

Of course I'm bloody naive. I work an honest job miles away from this crap. Weird that you think everyone should inherently know the ins and outs of the BOCG and their modus operandi. That wouldn't be classed as normal in the real world you know.

I didn't even know for sure if CAB had acquired this house, hence the question to the person who made the comment I was reacting to. I was asking if this was just CAB taking possession and the Byrnes torching it out of spite OR of it the fire was a case of a known Byrne property being attacked by rivals? Don't see the drama here Pal!

Ger Dundon & C Price banged up in the UK after getting nabbed on a kidnapping charge

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MTKcleaners

Ger Dundon & C Price banged up in the UK after getting nabbed on a kidnapping charge

Love letters can be sent here. :D

https://www.serco.com/uk/sector-expertise/justice/hmp-dovegate

Are them two working together?

haha

Dear Corny. Hope you're keeping well.

Mammy worried about you but fine. Are you eating ok? Do what exercise you can. The horse took a bad turn but he's perked up now. Paul C sends his love.

Until another time, all my love xx

• Advertisement

Are them two working together?

Considering Ger's nephew LD was nicked after the Robbie hit and subsequent double cross not to mention the 2 Dundon affiliated birds with the hit cash stopped on the motorway I'd say very much yes.

Advertisement