Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost code/fault - HKC alarm

• 10-08-2020 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

We have a simple HKC Alarm, one motion sensor and a few contact sensors on 3 windows and a door.

The landlord gave us an incorrect code for the alarm and has been no help side with regard to resetting it. Therefore, fairly useless.

Is there anything I can do myself to fix it? Also, the alarm (red) light is constantly on, but no fault light shows. Because it’s a rented property, I’m not mad about paying for an engineer to fix something that the landlord won’t.

Alternatively, would it be worth replacing the keypad or sensors myself? Don’t plan on staying for more than a year or so.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

There is not a whole lot you can do without the code for the system, it is pointless replacing the keypad or sensors because the brains of the system ie, the control panel has to be switched off.

Is there anything in your rental agreement about a working alarm system ?

Advertisement