Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭dere34

LEO!!! WHERE ARE YOU???!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

So outdoor gatherings is limited to 15 people but all sports can go ahead.

That makes sense alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

"I'd like to ask two questions to the Taoiseach, three more to Dr Glynn and I will waffle on long enough so that you can safely ignore the one genuinely inciteful point I had and ramble on about everyone needs to stay alert and other meaningless burblage"

Journos need to ask shorter questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Sign language guy doesn't know Irish

Come back Leo.
    All is forgiven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

How do you know? The origins of infections is never made public.

I know for a fact that a current outbreak in the country is linked to a family who have returned from Greece.
    That's what's known as anecdotal! It shows up in the daily case data. Both Nolan and Glynn have mentioned that such cases have been lower in recent weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You can just picture the common room of every nursing home in the country now.

All the inmates sitting around in a circle being told to restrict their movements.
    Would you like it if somebody referred to your elderly relative as an "inmate"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Honorable mention to Eamon Ryan too. He has steadied himself after that below the belt ambush from Catherine Martin which she ended up losing

So you and Blanch are in the same WhatsApp group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

dere34 wrote: »

Knowing him he’s probably in Berlin and I mean the city in Germany not the dive bar in dame st!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

flazio wrote: »
    Let's be honest though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What about the restrictions on Kildare, Laois, Offaly? Are they lifted?

Skid X wrote: »
    "I'd like to ask two questions to the Taoiseach, three more to Dr Glynn and I will waffle on long enough so that you can safely ignore the one genuinely inciteful point I had and ramble on about everyone needs to stay alert and other meaningless burblage"

Journos need to ask shorter questions.
    It's the format that forces it. They used to do it in the Leo days as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

Look the facts are our health system cant cope with what's coming from late Oct till mid summer 2021.

We are screwed as a nation. We will be in lockdown till a vaccine comes along. This isnt going away.

It's the second half of 2021 before any chance of things returning to normal.

the HSE gave up months ago. The waste and inefficiencies that have been ongoing for decades is catching up. "Management" isn't up to it. And before anyone kicks off im not talking about doctors and nurses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Look the facts are our health system cant cope with what's coming from late Oct till mid summer 2021.

We are screwed as a nation. We will be in lockdown till a vaccine comes along. This isnt going away.

It's the second half of 2021 before any chance of things returning to normal.

It’s back to wearing corpo jackets and shopping in Army Bargains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

He's right there making decisions also. Tánaiste is no small role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MOR316

Same here and judging from my whatsapp group MM seems to be going down very well with the general public this evening

I've seen you in other threads...I know your game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Now answer that question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

I dont see a county figure breakdown.

Do you have a link

Yes, sorry should have posted. You have to scroll down towards end

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0818/1159861-coronavirus-ireland-figures/

EDIT: Oh wait are they just yesterdays stats tacked onto the end of today's report?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,636 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

froog wrote: »
    omg could he not remember eamon ryan's position?? LOOOL

The cycling salad sleeping King

• Advertisement

NPHET meeting on Thursday will decide whether to recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Remember when we all took the piss out of Boris a few months back for being unclear in his plan and a general omnishambles?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ha ha brilliant question, the whole thing is mixed messaging, they wouldn’t install confidence that’s for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MOR316

Oh Jesus, Micheal ****ed that question up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

Up to us all now to trust our government and get onboard for the big win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They are due to be reviewed two weeks after the restrictions were put in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Tandey

Same here and judging from my whatsapp group MM seems to be going down very well with the general public this evening

Your split personality isn’t the general public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

s1ippy wrote: »
    I think we should set up our own web pub

With blackjack and hookers?

Hubertj wrote: »
    the HSE gave up months ago. The waste and inefficiencies that have been ongoing for decades is catching up. "Management" isn't up to it. And before anyone kicks off im not talking about doctors and nurses.
    In your own words
    idontwanttoliveonthisplanet.jpg

flazio wrote: »

My “elderly relative” Was in a nursing home for the last few years of his life and referred to himself as an inmate.

If it was good enough for him, it’s good enough for me petal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The cycling salad sleeping King

it was hilarious, he said something like "that's why we have the minister for health here and the minister of emer..uhh.. eamon ryan!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Remember when we all took the piss out of Boris a few months back for being unclear in his plan and a general omnishambles?

That's EXACTLY what I said to the other half. Very Boris-esque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Well done that reporter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Yet another cluster ****. No direction, not tackling the issues and penalising people who aren't causing the spike.

Jokeshop tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,551 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sport can be as important to older peoples mental health.

Meanwhile in Wuhan...

Europe's policy on this is rubbish or else China have a vaccine.

Very frustrating listening to press conference.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.rte.ie/amp/1159804/&ved=2ahUKEwjV2uLvpKXrAhXhZxUIHbQ-DZAQ0PADegQIDBAP&usg=AOvVaw3wghzgsd8JUoC8DvpnSn7p&ampcf=1

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Skid X wrote: »
    Weddings good with up to 50 people, outdoor sport bad.

Jokeshop.

Have an outdoor wedding at a sporting event. You could do it at half time. 50 people can now attend the sporting event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭landofthetree

It’s back to wearing corpo jackets and shopping in Army Bargains.

I told people on here our budget deficit would be 30billion last March when the experts were saying around 10billion.

We are looking at a budget deficit of 35billion+ next year as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Watching teen movies so he can quote them in his next press conference :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    That's what's known as anecdotal! It shows up in the daily case data. Both Nolan and Glynn have mentioned that such cases have been lower in recent weeks.

Lower (Apparently) but not eliminated. It’s still a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭growleaves

Up to us all now to trust our government and get onboard for the big win.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Joe dot ie asking questions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Well done that reporter

They're like sharks, they sense blood in the water and go in on them. Delighted that there's no punches being pulled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

It's not just over 70's - anyone who is at a higher risk and it's worked perfectly well in my experience since this started in April (I'm one of those at a higher risk)

Where has it worked well ? I go during the designated time and everyone else is also allowed in too ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭flazio

s1ippy wrote: »
    Let's be honest though.

I'll be honest, my grandmother was treated very well with plenty of dignity and respect before her passing and I'm appalled that someone would refer to her as some sort of prisoner of an institution.

"Let's not weigh one measure against another"

I think they should bus the school children into the meat plants for a sporting event and marry them all off to each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

MM throws Ronan the eyes when he needs a dig out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mehole you ain’t an expert in anything bar bullsh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Reading through the NPHET guidance there, there is a recommendation for further insight and review into meat processing procedures.
    Why not just mention this in the public briefing? People are thinking no action is being taken there when it's clear they're taking it quite seriously and have concerns about how the outbreaks occurred and were reported.

This stuff ain't rocket science clear concise communication is so important otherwise you lose public buy in and risk more disease spread.

The asking people in at risk groups to make individual assessments is such a cop out. Back in April you had defined lists right down to medication dosages of what required cocooning and what didn't. What the fck has changed?

This stuff is just going to confuse people and it's so much easier to get dissenting sound bytes from. "do what you think is appropriate but take care doing it"

So someone over 70 should or should not attend mass?

April : absolutely not. They should stay at home.
    August : ummm yeah no they should er decide wash their hands and uh yeah

This is just very poor overall

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement