Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Enda Leo, sorry I mean Mehole does NOT come across good when answering questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Ronan Glynn seems to be the only one who can answer a question straight. No emotion just an answer.

Probably why MM is letting him answer for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sport can be as important to older peoples mental health.
    Sport is good but before and after behaviour not so good is where the restrictions are aimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Or China lies on the figs and almost every vulnerable person in the region died?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

flazio wrote: »
    I'll be honest, my grandmother was treated very well with plenty of dignity and respect before her passing and I'm appalled that someone would refer to her as some sort of prisoner of an institution.
    My granny has MRSA that she got in the last three months and there's a case of covid in her home and I haven't seen her in six months so I beg to differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

EndaLeo, sorry I mean Mehole does NOT come across good when answering questions

He doesn't does he? I didn't like that snide "I'm not a public health expert...perhaps no more than your good self" from him there. Getting snippy because they're pointing out the ridiculous flaws in his plan.

s1ippy wrote: »
    My granny has MRSA that she got in the last three months and there's a case of covid in her home and I haven't seen her in six months so I beg to differ.

That's sad. Hope she is well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Why is Eamonn Ryan even there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Electronic forms still not operational

Surely just throw up a page on the hse website and work away ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Any word on the greenlist or will they conveniently not update it?

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    MM throws Ronan the eyes when he needs a dig out.
    Which he does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Tandey

Did they say anything about deaths today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Yea that seemed odd, I thought Holohan just sent the Govt. an email and they followed his instructions to the letter without discussion...
    there was clear coordination, so Tony could say that the gov agreed to everything they recommended... by negotiating the content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

An under 14 game of hurling with 30-40 people attending outdoor is more of a risk than a wedding, funeral and mass.

WOW.

3/100 cases from travel says Donnelly!

They set up a microphone for Leo but he couldn't make it.
    Eamonn was doing a crossword and had a few minutes to spare

He doesn't does he? I didn't like that snide "I'm not a public health expert...perhaps no more than your good self" from him there. Getting snippy because they're pointing out the ridiculous flaws in his plan.

I wouldn't say flaws in his plan. He just isn't very good at presenting stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

To remind people that climate change is still happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Tandey

He’s in detention for falling asleep a few weeks ago in class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Where has it worked well ? I go during the designated time and everyone else is also allowed in too ?

Well I can only speak for Waterford and Lidl on the Tramore road specifically but people seem to be cognisant of the message (as put out by Lidl themselves) and so don't go in. I've not seen any "family" units kids running about etc in a while now. Their hours are 9 - 11 am.

The fecking sound is abysmal again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

The talking egg has spoken

An under 14 game of hurling with 30-40 people attending outdoor is more of a risk than a wedding, funeral and mass.

WOW.
    Not at the match, after the match is where the risk lies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

That's sad. Hope she is well
    She doesn't know about the MRSA. The cancer is enough. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

They set up a microphone for Leo but he couldn't make it.
    Eamonn was doing a crossword and had a few minutes to spare

Leo was halfway through “the Lindsey Lohan teen movie boxset” and threw a tantrum when asked to do the press conference

“Loike.....that’s SO UNFAIR....you’re not the boss of me dude”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Just back from a trip to Rome. Great atmosphere, everyone enjoying the lovely weather, great restaurants and bars.

Everything operating normally including all the museums and historic buildings/ monuments (with good adherence to sensible Covid 19 restrictions everywhere).

Lower instances of Covid than here, though they had it very tough earlier in the year.

Seems we have become a bit overwrought. Time for calm thinking and a longer term strategy that doesn’t shift each fortnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Donnelly announced over 2 weeks ago that randomised testing at airports would be introduced, so whats happened to that process?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

"Let's not weigh one measure against another"

I think they should bus the school children into the meat plants for a sporting event and marry them all off to each other.

Gardaí Shut Down Meat Factory Pub Operating As A School

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/08/13/gardai-shut-down-meat-factory-pub-operating-as-a-school/

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Did they say a roadmap on the 13th September?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭tscul32

Do you think a group of cub scouts going on a hike is a sporting event or a public gathering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Are people assuming FG were against this or has any legitimate source confirmed such?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

WOW.

Just hop on a Ryanair flight with 188 other people and ask the pilot to circle the GAA pitch so people can spectate safely...! :D

Donnelly announced over 2 weeks ago that randomised testing would be introduced, so whats happened to that process?
    Mass testing of meat factories is what's happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ryan is hopping from foot to foot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

is_that_so wrote: »

Why ? No changing rooms or showers are open.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

She doesn't know about the MRSA. The cancer is enough. :(

That’s really rough, could you get her a tablet so the family can Facetime

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Because no one from FG would go and MM has to make it appear that the cabinet is united in this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

How do they honestly expect anyone to comply with the new recommendations after that ****show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,551 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like funerals can stay at 50 too.

Mehole needs to do a public speaking course methinks? He's awful at answering questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

A joke...just a joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Can they not get a shaggin mic to the journalists?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I can’t hear half the journos questions, so badly done

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

is_that_so wrote: »

In the pub, like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Eamon just woke up again.

Just back from a trip to Rome. Great atmosphere, everyone enjoying the lovely weather, great restaurants and bars.

Everything operating normally including all the museums and historic buildings/ monuments (with good adherence to sensible Covid 19 restrictions everywhere).

Lower instances of Covid than here, though they had it very tough earlier in the year.

Seems we have become a bit overwrought. Time for calm thinking and a longer term strategy that doesn’t shift each fortnight.

They also got a bailout to the tune of 80 billion. MM went to Brussels and brought us back an extra EU budget bill of 2 billion a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Calm thinking and a steady voice. I disagreed with Tony Holohan on aspects of this but he had enough of a politician in him to ensure that there was reasonable logic and structure to recommendations to ensure smooth transition through Cabinet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Thanks for that Eamonn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Ryan is hopping from foot to foot

His hemp tampon is hurting him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Was that Zara King and her wedding question?!

mean-girls-karen-halloween.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Zara strikes again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement