Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Oranage2 wrote: »
    They said they're testing all meat factories and direct provision camps

Testing will only find cases, not prevent them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Ryan is hopping from foot to foot

Trying to stay awake

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭AUDI20

is_that_so wrote: »
    The social stuff afterwards!

Like what social stuff in general for u14s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

That was car crash viewing lads. A number of back log cases conveniently added into today 190 total to run with the new measurements in place. The last 24hrs had 31 positive tests.

Sporting events behind closed doors is without a doubt a stupid decision.

Where did you get this from?
    Is there a county breakdown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭horse7

Any one got a link to the breakdown of today,s cases?

AUDI20 wrote: »

Hang Sangwiches

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Ok, so what are the restrictions again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Xenji wrote: »
    Christ any person watching that press conference will probably be even more confused than they were originally.
    Overall aim is to encourage people to reduce the number of contacts so no big groups at sports events and they are doing loads more mass testing. NPHET will review midlands lockdown on Thursday and these regs will run till Sept 13th or so.

horse7 wrote: »
    Any one got a link to the breakdown of today,s cases?

160 of them were held back from the weekend tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Dara Calleary on Newstalk- ‘overall message is personal responsibility and personal choice’. I think the message should be what we hope to achieve, what happens next if numbers increase or decrease, what the overall goal is, how they’re targeting the meat factories, how they’ll manage the schools, how the health service will manage during winter. It’s just a whole load of confusion and mixed messages and I don’t see any long term planning here.

statesaver wrote: »
    6 inside, 15 outside, all sport behind closed doors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

So if you want to have a party with your mates, one of you has to get married.

Sorted.
    fucking brilliant.

What kind of a father are you out of interest, could be in the market for one this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Morrison J wrote: »
    Still 105 minute limit per table so the extra half hour is literally irrelevant to everyone bar the restaurants themselves who may be able to take an extra table and make more money in a difficult time. Don't see any issue with that at all.

Theses rules are not been followed in quite a lot of pubs around the country. I know my sister lives behind one and says the place is hopping. Doors closed. You wait to go in and when you do there is hardly standing room. Very unfair on legit places who are run correctly or have remain closed

160 of them were held back from the weekend tests.
    In all likelihood to see if any of the contacts were also positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

:confused:

So 15 people at outdoor gatherings/sports training but matches can go ahead?

30 on the field for a rugby match+ subs for each team.
    22 on the field for a soccer match + subs for each team.

Its getting a bit mad now...

Also whats with "restaurants" getting a 30 min extension on closing time, hard to believe experts discusses such a thing, who orders dinner at 10PM??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

So if you want to have a party with your mates, one of you has to get married.

Sorted.
    I'd say you're f*cking loving this, aren't you Fr.?

statesaver wrote: »

Don't meet unless at a church or a wedding a pub, cinema or restaurant.
    Don't go to watch sport but you can spend an extra half hour in the pub if you want.

Don't go on public transport but school buses will be full to the rafters.

15 people can meet outside but as many as you want in factories and direct provision centres. Carry on, clear as mud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Where's ACE, I need a breakdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

My guess is that Leo was due to attend that conference but something came up at the last minute, so MM asked Ryan to stand there so the podium wouldn't be empty.

Why would Leo want to be part of that circus?

Feels now like Leo, Harris and Honohen were ronaldo , messi and mbappe and we replaced them with Djemba Djemba, Micky Quinn and That lad who lied to Graham Souness about being George Weahs son. This is car crash stuff.

• Advertisement

AUDI20 wrote: »
    Think they're off the hook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

They said they're testing all meat factories and direct provision camps

I wonder how many meat factories are in Ireland? Hundreds I would think. Are they going to rock up to each one and set up a tent and carry out testing on a weekly basis? That's a big ask.

At a GAA match with 199 others!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

What if I’m getting married in my local GAA club?

Does that mean I can have 50 people in the bar, 15 in the smoking area and 15 More drinking cans on the pitch?

1 death and 190 cases confirmed:on gov.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I haven't read through the thread since the start of the briefing, but I'd just like to echo whoever has presumably said they seem like a bunch of headless chickens.

County Number of cases % of total Change since the day before
    Carlow 204 0.8 No change
    Cavan 882 3.2 No change
    Clare 432 1.6 No change
    Cork 1,595 5.8 No change
    Donegal 505 1.9 +1
    Dublin 12,760 46.7 +13
    Galway 508 1.9 +1
    Kerry 321 1.2 No change
    Kildare 2,034 7.5 +23
    Kilkenny 372 1.4 No change
    Laois 362 1.3 +4
    Leitrim 85 0.3 No change
    Limerick 655 2.4 No change
    Longford 290 1.1 +1
    Louth 807 3 No change
    Mayo 585 2.1 No change
    Meath 867 3.2 +4
    Monaghan 550 2 +1
    Offaly 601 2.2 +2
    Roscommon 350 1.3 No change
    Sligo 156 0.6 No change
    Tipperary 565 2.1 No change
    Waterford 168 0.6 No change
    Westmeath 683 2.5 +1
    Wexford 247 0.9 No change
    Wicklow 725 2.7 +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭celt262

Don't meet unless at a church or a wedding a pub, cinema or restaurant.
    Don't go to watch sport but you can spend an extra half hour in the pub if you want.

Don't go on public transport but school buses will be full to the rafters.

15 people can meet outside but as many as you want in factories and direct provision centres. Carry on, clear as mud.

I think he skipped past the cinema question.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I wonder how many meat factories are in Ireland? Hundreds I would think. Are they going to rock up to each one and set up a tent and carry out testing on a weekly basis? That's a big ask.
    System has capacity to do 100K tests a week, so it'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭no.8

Funny enough someone posted earlier saying the exact opposite to you (that numbers would be artificially low today, high tomorrow), yet still moaning about the government. Moral of the story, they can't win in this situation.

I'm a bit confused about why indoor weddings are exempt, yet at the sme time im happy for the couples / businessss

• Advertisement

thomas 123 wrote: »
    :confused:

So 15 people at outdoor gatherings/sports training but matches can go ahead?

30 on the field for a rugby match+ subs for each team.
    22 on the field for a soccer match + subs for each team.

Its getting a bit mad now...

Also whats with "restaurants" getting a 30 min extension on closing time, hard to believe experts discusses such a thing, who orders dinner at 10PM??

All teams are allowed, just only 15 are allowed watch. He said it's not perfect but it's to stop 300 odd meeting before and after.

Main point was to limit contact with people to try stop the virus but it wasn't really explained well.

spookwoman wrote: »
    1 death and 190 cases confirmed:on gov.ie

When did that person die?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

s1ippy wrote: »
    fucking brilliant.

What kind of a father are you out of interest, could be in the market for one this weekend.

The muslims are sound so, they can do Nikah mut'ah

In all likelihood to see if any of the contacts were also positive.

That's not what they normally do? They tell us every day about how many cases have been notified to them in the past 24 hours.
    Most of these cases were on the HSE dashboard 3 days ago,.

At a GAA match with 199 others!

They said 15 people outside effective immediately, hope the Gardai don't rock up to his door.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

When did that person die?

January ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭yawhat?

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Where on gov.ie do I see the daily tests stats again - total Tested and the total positive cases.

Lost the link. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

All teams are allowed, just only 15 are allowed watch. He said it's not perfect but it's to stop 300 odd meeting before and after.

Main point was to limit contact with people to try stop the virus but it wasn't really explained well.

They must have positive cases to back up the logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

76 are men and 111 are women

75% are under 45 years of age

75 are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case

14 cases have been identified as community transmission

48 are in Kildare, 46 in Dublin, 38 in Tipperary, 20 in Limerick, 7 in Clare and the rest of the 31 cases are in Carlow, Cork, Kerry, Kilkenny, Laois, Louth, Meath, Offaly, Waterford, Wexford and Wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

dere34 wrote: »
    WTF?

For those who have not seen the conference, this is actually a really great synopsis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭blackcard

The social stuff afterwards!

But they have banned any gathering of more than 6 people, there are restrictions on restaurants/pubs anyway. Where could you socialize? This is total madness what they are doing

They must have positive cases to back up the logic.

They said they had cases but didn't actually go into any detail

I think we can all agree that that was like watching a really bad remake of a movie.

Terrible script and the standard of actors gone completely downhill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Here's a hint. Celebrate Christmas at the Autumn Equinox this year.
    And don't say later I didn't warn yiz.

• Advertisement

That's not what they normally do? They tell us every day about how many cases have been notified to them in the past 24 hours.
    Most of these cases were on the HSE dashboard 3 days ago,.
    I don't know but Glynn said that about a week ago, where they were waiting for mass testing in or two locations and contact tracing to finish before finalising numbers.

One possible positive of 6 people indoors restriction is it might be the start of a crackdown on over-packed shared accommodation.

So if you have five kids one is to move out?

It’s 6 from at most 3 different households. Nothing to do with numbers within that accommodation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

System has capacity to do 100K tests a week, so it'll be fine.

The system can process 100K tests maybe but it's a different story going to each and every meat factory and taking the tests on a weekly basis. So that might involve going to hundreds or even over 1000 sites each week to collect samples. Not an easy job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

An under 14 game of hurling with 30-40 people attending outdoor is more of a risk than a wedding, funeral and mass.

WOW.

It is. The problem being you might attend several games, but given the limitations around weddings and funerals you might only attend one of those for the rest of the year. Having attended a sporting fixture recently, beyond limited attendance and some hand sanitizer at the gate there was little or no distancing going on. So while I was the lonely musician up on the hill, every other numpty was all huddled together or sitting alongside one another on the perimeter wall. People cannot keep apart unless there is an official walking around telling them. There wasn't.

Literally anything frivolous but involves mass gatherings is going to be cut right back now. The government has staked it's credibility on schools reopening and will go to lengths and sacrifice other sectors to ensure they open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,636 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Food Pubs opening extended?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement