Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

yawhat? wrote: »
    They explained quite clearly the rationale for the decision. People were congregating before and after matches and sharing transport to matches. Yet you choose to completely ignore the reasons provided and engage in more whataboutery.
    I haven't shared transport with someone to a match since I was 13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They explained quite clearly the rationale for the decision. People were congregating before and after matches and sharing transport to matches. Yet you choose to completely ignore the reasons provided and engage in more whataboutery.
    In fairness to posters quite vexed about this, the communication around it has been very poor and it does look like sectors are being picked on for no good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MOR316

fritzelly wrote: »
    SD on Newstalk - threatening national lockdown when asked to explain the new restrictions

Lockdown Larry

SD on Newstalk - threatening national lockdown when asked to explain the new restrictions
    He is an aggressive bugger at the best of times but did he really "threaten" a lockdown?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 shipposter

One way you can get around the restrictions on crowd sizes is just make out it's a BLM protest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The fact that the HSE can't do more than 6k tests a day for an entire week? Do you think that's acceptable?
    100k a week, yeah right. Complete spin.

Know a person needed the doctor this morning, doctor won't see them without a test, earliest test they can get is Friday afternoon. probably get results Tuesday or Wednesday, time for fast contact tracing is long gone.
    Think they've accepted the heard immunity strategy just not telling us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

is_that_so wrote: »
    He is an aggressive bugger at the best of times but did he really "threaten" a lockdown?

Asked to clear up confusion on the new restrictions (like kids on buses but avoid public transport) and started on about full lockdown, business closed blah blah and putting all blame on nphet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

It's the before and after not the sports themselves is how they were explaining it. One must assume that cases are emerging linked to such scenarios for them to highlight it.

Most people don’t go to a pub after club matches unless it’s a county final or such.ive been at a couple of my clubs matches and there’s no big rush to get in or out.its just more bs from nhpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭yawhat?

It’s not about you and your experiences. You can’t be that narrow minded that you believe your experiences tally with every one else’s? I really do despair at this mentality.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

And would be interesting to know if those players had the lesions before COVID too.

It would be known, they are professional players on extremely high salaries. Clubs carry out intensive medical checks. You can be sure they’ve had everything scanned and checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

I'm not a fan of the government and they have made mess of this but of course the Government didn't do exactly what recommended,

You realise to they have a Country to run ,NPHET don't take into account any social or economic problems that might a rise they just tell you what's best to stop the spread of the virus,

Ah sure that's grand so, they just tell what's best to stop the spread of the little old virus. Sure we can ignore that, it's just a virus, we better go on and run the country.

You do realise it's a pandemic and the potential impact of it spreading out through the community, while the government is busy "running the country"? And if it does, that will shut the country down for sure. There won't be much country to run, apart the undertakers.

It’s not about you and your experiences. You can’t be that narrow minded that you believe your experiences tally with every one else’s? I really do despair at this mentality.
    The fact you don't realise that the majority of parents/kids travel by themselves to matches, and that most adults in 2020 own cars means you're probably not worth arguing with.

In fairness to posters quite vexed about this, the communication around it has been very poor and it does look like sectors are being picked on for no good reason.

Completely agree, communications are crap. Not an excuse for some of the closed minds here though.

pc7 wrote: »
    It would be known, they are professional players on extremely high salaries. Clubs carry out intensive medical checks. You can be sure they’ve had everything scanned and checked.

Yep. One to keep an eye on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

You may not do that yourself but as someone who is closely involved in GAA training, matches etc. I have seen many that do.

Completely agree, communications are crap. Not an excuse for some of the closed minds here though.

Where are the closed minds?

All I see are people discussing stuff and the odd WUM here and there.

I just ignore the Lockdown Larrys

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

So people don't share transport to outdoor theatre or gather before or after ?? ok then

In the club I've been going to, if you dont travel together you don't sit together, groups who've come together keep in their own group, 4 seats minimum between everyone that didn't arrive together.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Halfdane

The fact you don't realise that the majority of parents/kids travel by themselves to matches, and that most adults in 2020 own cars means you're probably not worth arguing with.

The fact you don’t realise carpooling is a thing means you’re probably not worth keeping off the ignore list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

owlbethere wrote: »
    God, that's not good at all. These players would have been tested because of team sports and perhaps someone close to them being a positive. These players would have been asymptomatic and now some of them are displaying lesions on their lungs. That really isn't good.

Are other people who were positive and asymptomatic getting xrays done to establish if there's anything on their lungs?

It has been well established at this point that your body can suffer such affects. It got lost in the other **** show of a thread with the usual arguing that it's scaremongering and not actually a long term effect.

I was only reading a story on one of the US broadsheets this morning about the large number of people showing various damage to their bodies months after getting the virus, I can't remember which one, I'll try dig it out.

Halfdane wrote: »
    The fact you don’t realise carpooling is a thing means you’re probably not worth keeping off the ignore list.
    Today I learned that people only carpool to sports :confused: You're clutching at straws.

• Advertisement

Do you really think that’s why they introduced the restrictions on the attendance at all sporting events. Because they believe the majority of parents and kids are travelling to matches in groups? Which they haven’t stated anywhere?

Today I learned that people only carpool to sports :confused: You're clutching at straws.

I don’t know what you thought you were doing here, but whatever that was you thought wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

You may not do that yourself but as someone who is closely involved in GAA training, matches etc. I have seen many that do.

Involved in a soccer club here. Many carpool. Kids and adult teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Lol, how does that impact the imperial college model predictions?

Not sure I have the bias.

I'm that concerned about the Imperial College Model predictions to be honest.

What sticks in my mind is a number of weeks ago - back when things were a bit calmer - was Philip Nolan breaking down their estimations about severe of an outbreak we had here. Now, maybe I'm nuts, but I'm going to go out on a crazy limb here and assume that the head of modelling and data projections for NPHET knows a little about what he's talking about on the subject and generally he's not an alarmist when talking about the virus in the press briefings, he's quite a sober and matter of fact individual. He may possibly know a bit more about it than you.

His estimations were that between 1%-5% of the population had been exposed to the virus. And we've had over 1700 deaths. Even if we were say it's nowhere near as low as that, it could even be 10% or 20% - which doesn't seem to be likely - that still an incredible amount of poential mortality as a result.

But, yeah, by all means open it up, let her rip

D'ya know who I blame for all of this?

The Bankers!

The Wanker Bankers!

Do you really think that’s why they introduced the restrictions on the attendance at all sporting events. Because they believe the majority of parents and kids are travelling to matches in groups? Which they haven’t stated anywhere?
    Oh dear.

Outdoor theatre and music performances, with crowds of up to 200 people can go ahead. Artists travel in the same vehicle...

What's the difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MOR316 wrote: »
    Outdoor theatre and music performances, with crowds of up to 200 people can go ahead. Artists travel in the same vehicle...

What's the difference?

The drive in gigs were cancelled :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

Another 8 have tested positive at kildare meat plant,just reported by the independent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What's the case numbers today is this around sixish?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Drive in gigs: No way!!!

Outdoor music events with up to 200 people: Work away lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭gw80

Ah here lads, has anyone seen the massive pool party that happened in wuhan the weekend, what's going on here,
    Google it,

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Fine. But, they just said today they can happen outside with 200 people

Outdoor theatre performances can continue, with crowds of 200 people. Artists travel in the same vehicles all the time. I know this as a fact

What's the difference?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

D'ya know who I blame for all of this?

The Bankers!

The Wanker Bankers!

Nope it`s clearly all due to the blood drinking shapeshifting lizards in human form from another dimension of existence who are controlling this planet and their evil plans for world domination.

gw80 wrote: »
    Ah here lads, has anyone seen the massive pool party that happened in wuhan the weekend, what's going on here,
    Google it,

No cases since May, seemingly under control, leave them at it.

I have friends over that neck of the woods. Relative normality as resumed in a lot of places out there

• Advertisement

Google it,

Did you not hear that Mehaul and Leo are planning a countrywide pool party for when we get #ZeroCovid?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

No cases since May, seemingly under control, leave them at it.

I have friends over that neck of the woods. Relative normality as resumed in a lot of places out there

Wouldn't believe a word coming out of China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

Google it,

I heard a large ocean liner sunk somewhere out in the north atlantic

Nope it`s clearly all due to the blood drinking shapeshifting lizards in human form from another dimension of existence who are controlling this planet and their evil plans for world domination.

That reminds me...

Mad to think that we're just small, tiny specs of insignificant dust, gathered on a small rock, among other gigantic rocks and balls of fire, through a vast and never ending zone, that includes black holes that suck you into another dimension that we know nothing about...

Puts it into perspective when you think of it like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Numbers today yet?

• Advertisement

Halfdane wrote: »
    Did you not hear that Mehaul and Leo are planning a countrywide pool party for when we get #ZeroCovid?

Zero Cow-Vid party if it's in the RDS or anywhere on Ballsbridge

SD on Newstalk - threatening national lockdown when asked to explain the new restrictions (and getting laid into)

How many parties has he been in now, terrible speaker

statesaver wrote: »

Could literally say that about any country in the world at this stage

Even our own unfortunately.

Google it,

Those Wuhan clan are nutters

54 cases and two deaths

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

statesaver wrote: »

Id think the same but maybe we should, like if the virus is as deadly as we have been told it would be seemingly impossible to cover up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

54 cases two deaths RIP

Of the cases notified today:

24 are men and 29 are women
    67% are under 45 years of age
    27 are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
    8 cases have been identified as community transmission
    19 are in Dublin, 8 in Kildare, 5 in Tipperary and the rest of the cases are in Carlow, Clare, Donegal, Kerry, Kilkenny, Laois, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Meath, Offaly, Waterford and Wexford

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement