Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

US figures mysteriously declined at the exact same time trump took reporting duties off the CDC. hospitals all report directly to trump people now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I wasn’t talking about India.

You literally mentioned worldwide, India has a massive population and hasn't peaked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Wolf359f wrote: »
    You literally mentioned worldwide, India has a massive population and hasn't peaked yet.

Yes i mentioned worldwide, but doesn’t change the fact the cases are levelling off worlwide.

According to the dashboard ICU dropped by 2 today and there were no discharges. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

It started to decline before the storm hit.

Just to be clear I'm not saying it's not on the decline but with the disruption I'd be wary of making any big calls just yet.

• Advertisement

Wolf359f wrote: »
    According to the dashboard ICU dropped by 2 today and there were no discharges. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

May just have been moved to ward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

You'll always find them in the kitchen at parties.

That’s very accurate. Wrong place wrong time with wrong viral load.

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1291952809479270400?s=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

froog wrote: »
    US figures mysteriously declined at the exact same time trump took reporting duties off the CDC. hospitals all report directly to trump people now.

I've seen this posted a few times. It's not quite accurate. HSS only took over the collecting of data regarding hospitalizations. Data regarding cases and deaths is collected from several independent sources.

Whatever the reason for the downturn in cases it's not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Carrols Cuisine have announced that all 210 staff tested negative on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

a move to ward from ICU = a discharge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Carrols Cuisine have announced that all 210 staff tested negative on Sunday.

Sure it wasn’t a Hurricane or a software glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

You'll always find them in the kitchen at parties.
    That’s very accurate. Wrong place wrong time with wrong viral load.

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1291952809479270400?s=21

It might be, but I deserved thanks for the witty joke about the song :)

We'll find out in the 10pm HSE report.
    I did find it weird before where an ICU discharges were released home and not to a ward. Guess it all depends on capacity and the patient. There's alot more to it than just figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

froog wrote: »

Same happened in India few weeks back when Government took over from ICMR. Not hard to guess why these steps are taken.

a move to ward from ICU = a discharge

And then technically the hospital figure would stay the same in that hospital (i.e. not an extra admission) and the ICU would reduce by 1.
    I'm still wary with the hospital numbers when they are this low.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Sure it wasn’t a Hurricane or a software glitch?

Sounds more like a storm in a teacup tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Some people on here (and not only here) seem disappointed the numbers are going down. Merchants of fcuking doom. I'm nearly sure i saw someone say earlier that they predicted 300+ cases for today

Some people on here (and not only here) seem disappointed the numbers are going down. Merchants of fcuking doom. I'm nearly sure i saw someone say earlier that they predicted 300+ cases for today

You do know why we use a seven or fourteen day rolling average ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Nah mate. Everyone is delighted to see numbers down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yea a bit of an anti climax for them. The lockdown was far too rash in LOK- absolutely ridiculous and if we keep losing our heads every time we see new cases we are in for a rough ride

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Weekly testing in the meat plants and direct provision centres is a good move, should have been in play months ago. The schools opening back up presents as much problems inside the schools as outside with the logistics of getting teachers and pupils to and from school.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Who was disappointed to see numbers down today?
    Nobody
    That 300+ prediction was from a poster acting the maggot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

road_high wrote: »
    Yea a bit of an anti climax for them. The lockdown was far too rash in LOK- absolutely ridiculous and if we keep losing our heads every time we see new cases we are in for a rough ride

Yeah but you can't do any about it, keep posting.

You do know why we use a seven or fourteen day rolling average ?

No, i haven't a breeze but i can count to potato :rolleyes:

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Who was disappointed to see numbers down today?
    Nobody
    That 300+ prediction was from a poster acting the maggot

Wrong, i had someone tell me that he'd question the validity of the last few days numbers, i pop in and out of the many threads on here with the end is nigh coming.

Expect to be locked down for many years is a post i responded to a while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

That was a good joke, you are good at joke ha ha ha ha yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Fair City is coming back - woohoo. I don't think I will ever complain about fair City again.

Good one. I really do hope the trend is turning.
    Of course that remains to be seen. Until then I’ll reserve judgement.
    A moving average is commonly used with time series data to smooth out short-term fluctuations and highlight longer-term trends or cycles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

It wouldn't instill much confidence for sure. Who would like to gamble with their kids lifes and the lifes of their families? I know many people like to believe it's a mild dose but no one knows what way its going to hit you until it gets to your door.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement