Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Looney1

Looks like dentists will be closing again for non essential treatment. Who recommendation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Looney1 wrote: »
    Looks like dentists will be closing again for non essential treatment. Who recommendation

Good stuff,i'm booked in for a filling next week

I think it’s all becoming clear. It was a conspiracy by Russia to make worldometers the worlds number 1 site and then take credit for a vaccine

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2020/05/world/worldometer-coronavirus-mystery/

“The site does have at least one job posting, from October.......
    ,.,,the website was originally created in 2004 by Andrey Alimetov.....from Russia“

Chinese connections to get the ball rolling

“The company is still actively registered in Delaware and has been in good standing since 2010.

The company shares the Dadax name with a Shanghai-based software firm“

And also strong links between worldometers and northern Italy

“That business manages and sells “advertising space,” according to an Italian registration document filed last year. Its address leads to a tidy, three-story apartment building on a leafy street in an upscale neighborhood in Bologna”

Coincidence, I think not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

How do you know if its non essential if you don't go to a dentist for routine appointments?

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    How do you know if its non essential if you don't go to a dentist for routine appointments?

Your not in pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The poor dentists. And their even poorer patients.

But I think they will still see urgent cases. Full battle gear and so on, you can't blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What do you do if you have a kid with asthma ?

What do you do if an older sibling say 19 has asthma and his brother and sister are say 11 and 15 and will be going to school daily and at greater risk of getting infected due to the number of contacts... a teacher who is asthmatic or with an asthmatic child ?

It’s a shîtshow quite frankly....

I wonder if the government gave thought to remote learning. Whereby students with good enough WiFi and a tablet or laptop at home could be at home watching the class... having ‘less’ students ‘at’ the school would make it a lot easier to maintain distancing...

It’s not a perfect solution but it’s somewhat better.

Good stuff,i'm booked in for a filling next week

How did you get a routine appointment do you mind me asking.

How did you get a routine appointment do you mind me asking.

They re-opened. This was about two weeks ago. Went in to get my teeth cleaned and she told me i needed a filling, which thankfully i can put ff FOR NOW

One of the worst things about Covid is the roller coaster effect. You know, one day you think great, numbers are minimal let's get back to some kind of normality. Fair dues, the lockdowns worked.

Next day, bam shut down and numbers rising.

I can't see that kind of flip flopping changing anytime soon, despite my optimism on the "good news" days.

I really want to feel optimism, and do try, but it is not easy anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

The ad on RTÉ with the 100 year old granny writing a letter to her grandchild that she cannot see is gut wrenching.

RTÉ need to go easy on that shit. Covid is already depressing people enough as it its. It’s like they are trying to induce further despair on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

A colleague of mine told me today she thinks the government should ban all alcohol sales from supermarkets and off licences to stop people having house parties. I said if she thought the run on toilet paper and pasta was bad imagine the carnage if they announced that. She was deadly serious but it made me smile just thinking about how that would go down! Boards would probably explode :-)

Strumms wrote: »
    What do you do if you have a kid with asthma ?

What do you do if an older sibling say 19 has asthma and his brother and sister are say 11 and 15 and will be going to school daily and at greater risk of getting infected due to the number of contacts... a teacher who is asthmatic or with an asthmatic child ?

It’s a shîtshow quite frankly....

I wonder if the government gave thought to remote learning. Whereby students with good enough WiFi and a tablet or laptop at home could be at home watching the class... having ‘less’ students ‘at’ the school would make it a lot easier to maintain distancing...

It’s not a perfect solution but it’s somewhat better.

More and more data is suggesting the risk factors associated with asthma depend on the type. Allergic asthma is not associated with an increased risk, non allergic does appear to have a significantly increased risk. I would discuss with gp

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/non-allergic-asthma-linked-with-increased-risk-of-severe-covid-19/

My dentist at the beginning of the pandemic saw me for a routine appointment wearing full surgical gown, cap, mask, visor, gloves... the reception is, now fronted by glass.. you are not permitted however to enter and wait in the waiting room. You arrive in the car park, wait in your car, call them on your phone, they check you in, they then call you back when you can enter, you go straight into the surgical/treatment room, you don’t interact with reception or anybody, straight in... on the way out you do see the reception guys to get the next appointment but again, fronted by glass... it’s a very well done and put together system.

theballz wrote: »
    The ad on RTÉ with the 100 year old granny writing a letter to her grandchild that she cannot see is gut wrenching.

RTÉ need to go easy on that shit. Covid is already depressing people enough as it its. It’s like they are trying to induce further despair on people.

Be great full, very great full the Late Late has finished for the season. If the crowd were ever getting a bit giddy Ryan would pull a dying child with cancer out from somewhere

My dentist at the beginning of the pandemic saw me for a routine appointment wearing full surgical gown, cap, mask, visor, gloves... the reception is, now fronted by glass.. you are not permitted however to enter and wait in the waiting room. You arrive in the car park, wait in your car, call them on your phone, they check you in, they then call you back when you can enter, you go straight into the surgical/treatment room, you don’t interact with reception or anybody, straight in... on the way out you do see the reception guys to get the next appointment but again, fronted by glass... it’s a very well done and put together system.

Same as

Be great full, very great full the Late Late has finished for the season. If the crowd were ever getting a bit giddy Ryan would pull a dying child with cancer out from somewhere

I rarely watch TV if I’m honest. The last month I have started to into the likes of Prime Time and listening to the odd daily update on our COVID numbers - one thing I have noticed is how damn depressing tv advertisements are. It was never the case before.

Makes you wonder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Beanybabog wrote: »
    A colleague of mine told me today she thinks the government should ban all alcohol sales from supermarkets and off licences to stop people having house parties. I said if she thought the run on toilet paper and pasta was bad imagine the carnage if they announced that. She was deadly serious but it made me smile just thinking about how that would go down! Boards would probably explode :-)

No, just no. Not everyone who buys alcohol in a supermarket is having houseparties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

One of the worst things about Covid is the roller coaster effect. You know, one day you think great, numbers are minimal let's get back to some kind of normality. Fair dues, the lockdowns worked.

Next day, bam shut down and numbers rising.

I can't see that kind of flip flopping changing anytime soon, despite my optimism on the "good news" days.

I really want to feel optimism, and do try, but it is not easy anymore.

Yea agree its difficult times. We are in the middle of the worst pandemic in over 100 years . I laugh at the people who are always positive. Lack of perspective mind boggling. The positivity rate is still low. Its 1.9% . It was 0/7 about 3 weeks ago. They fail to mention its doubled. Its a strange time and it seems logic has gone out the window with many people. Some seem in a state of denial about the situation but important to remember that its more than likely to get better the further along we get. Already have made progress treating severe and we are beginning to learn more. Likely to be a multitude of factors than bring this time under control rather than just a vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Looney1

Same as

I think it's the treatment itself that they are worried about. Ultrasonic cleaners and drilling producing an aerosol. In fairness no other procedure (barring a ventilator) is as invasive.

• Advertisement

@Strumms

I suffered with severe Asthma as a child (still have it at a moderate level) and i spent 4 days in ICU in crumlin and numerous other non critical attacks . Now i'm not advising anyone on here on what they should or should not do, but if i was a parent in as per my own experience there isn't a chance in hell i'd be sending them to school

theballz wrote: »

They need to stop with that shît. Full stop stop. There is enough emotion out there with everything going on without adding fuel to the fire.

Your not in pain

Nope can still be doing damage with no pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Has your colleague noticed that the issue is with the meat factories? I also assume your colleague doesn't drink.

@Strumms

I suffered with severe Asthma as a child (still have it at a moderate level) and i spent 4 days in ICU in crumlin and numerous other non critical attacks . Now i'm not advising anyone on here on what they should or should not do, but if i was a parent in as per my own experience there isn't a chance in hell i'd be sending them to school

I’m not a parent either but I wouldn’t be too. I’d be happy to follow the books and spend an hour each evening to prepare something for the next day... you don’t have to be a genius with a degree to be able to impart knowledge to kids, (parents do it all the time anyway) and then check / test for compression. Ok won’t be AS good as a trained teacher or even nearly but if you are keeping the train on the tracks... you are doing a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Has your colleague noticed that the issue is with the meat factories? I also assume your colleague doesn't drink.

I was thinking about it afterwards, any time we’ve gone for a work dinner she doesn’t drink, so I imagine she’s teetotal. I thought it was hilarious but I think she really thought it was a good idea!

wadacrack wrote: »
    Yea agree its difficult times. We are in the middle of the worst pandemic in over 100 years . I laugh at the people who are always positive. Lack of perspective mind boggling. The positivity rate is still low. Its 1.9% . It was 0/7 about 3 weeks ago. They fail to mention its doubled. Its a strange time and it seems logic has gone out the window with many people. Some seem in a state of denial about the situation but important to remember that its more than likely to get better the further along we get. Already have made progress treating severe and we are beginning to learn more. Likely to be a multitude of factors than bring this time under control rather than just a vaccine.

There are some who understand than in the absense of complete suppression( and even with suppression as seen today in NZ), outbreaks will continue to happen, large clusters will occur and data will fluctuate. The key is that once identified, we catch as many of the cases as possible associate with the cluster. High numbers at the weekend was actually a positive once we see case numbers stabilise again. It remains on a knife edge though as we wait up to 2 weeks to see any satellite cluster from cases that went untraced

They need to stop with that shît. Full stop stop. There is enough emotion out there with everything going on without adding fuel to the fire.

I wonder if people have spoken out against it?

What a solution

I haven't been to any house parties but I couldn't buy beer in supermarkets or offies just because house parties go on lol

Prohibition will definitely work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭foozzybear61

Did anyone catch Primetime . Presenter mentioned something about Naas hospital ..and then was cut off ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement