Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I didn’t know it was common knowledge that the CMO thinks it’s gonna be at least 2 years of COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

He’s making us in Cork more hated than we already are :D

Goes around and comes around. Bertie and Biffo did their bits for their counties too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

There’s your 80!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

KaneToad wrote: »
    Were they not already named? I saw pictures of the seating plans on twitter.

I dont think the full list is out, just the big names, but I may be wrong. Like someone said, they all should retire from Public life. They really think we are Pond Scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well that was car crash tv again - basically blaming people for the situation and don't look at the golf fiasco as they've said sorry

LV needs to walk away from this now

They will buy any magic beans going.

I wish they'd buy a few million of those 15min tests on a paper tab.

Santy2015 wrote: »
    There’s your 80!!

GoodMan/Person/Zee/Zir ;)

There’s your 80!!

They couldn’t even stick to 6 at a table!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Waffle about a vaccine to give the impression it will soon be available, more scripted than Leo's film quotes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

fritzelly wrote: »
    Well that was car crash tv again - basically blaming people for the situation and don't look at the golf fiasco as they've said sorry

LV needs to walk away from this now
    When told people were confused about the latest measures. He responded by saying, we all need to look at the people of Kildare, Loais and Offaly and the scarifices they've made and follow their lead.

Clear as mud

There’s your 80!!

If one was in to conspiracies one would be thinking Glynn is having a jibe at the government

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

When told people were confused about the latest measures. Appearently we all need to look at the people of Kildare, Loais and Offaly and the scarifices they've made and follow their lead.

Clear as mud

Sure apparently all the departments were perfectly on point

No confusion whatsoever lol

MM has achieved his lifes ambition and won't contest the next GE

Possibly could go down as worst Taoiseach ever afterwards though

So MM saying that Glynn told him that we have prob got another 2 years with the virus isn’t surprising?

I mean I’m not overly shocked that he thinks it, just surprised MM would day it publically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

7 day total for the counties
    523783.jpg

• Advertisement

spookwoman wrote: »
    523783.jpg

Is that Friday to Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Sure apparently all the departments were perfectly on point

No confusion whatsoever lol

MM has achieved his lifes ambition and won't contest the next GE

Possibly could go down as worst Taoiseach ever afterwards though

Be some achievement to outdo the last FF Taoiseach.

Is that Friday to Friday?

wed because they don't give the full details for each county at the evening presser. 15 spread between the other counties means nothing. The proper breakdown is 2 days behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

Bunch of clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

523783.jpg

spook.... the 8 in Galway. Is there a breakdown of what days these occurred?
    I’ve been looking most days and mostly saw either none or +1 in Galway.

• Advertisement

wed because they don't give the full details for each county at the evening presser. 15 spread between the other counties means nothing. The proper breakdown is 2 days behind

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Be some achievement to outdo the last FF Taoiseach.

True but Martin is giving it a very good go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

England/UK rolling out sewage testing for SARS2
    Hopefully will be a good early warning indicator once they've fine-tuned it.

I think some countries are training sniffer dogs to detect Covid19 so that could be huge for screening at airports (say).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Tandey wrote: »
    Sweating heavily and all.
    Does he normally sweat that bad... I hope not but I am gettting de ja vu.. I hope not..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ElTel wrote: »

I think some countries are training sniffer dogs to detect Covid19 so that could be huge for screening at airports (say).

If they could transfer them from athlone mail center would make a lot of people in the west happy...

speckle wrote: »
    Does he normally sweat that bad... I hope not but I am gettting de ja vu.. I hope not..

He knows he's screwed and hanging on by his fingernails at this point - just cannot see this government lasting much longer

Cases per county from start of August
    523785.jpg

523786.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭rodders999

If the separation of the government and the judiciary is as vital as the Taoiseach makes out then what the christ was a Supreme Court judge doing at an Oireachtas golf society outing?

Think she missed a massive open goal not asking him that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Drumpot wrote: »
    I didn’t know it was common knowledge that the CMO thinks it’s gonna be at least 2 years of COVID.

I don’t think so, we’re all alive and well. Covid is not the deadly plague we’ve been lead to believe. Only 10 out of 4000 staff in Aldi actually got it sitting at a checkout over the weeks & months of lockdown.
    We stayed locked down for far too long, now we’ve reopened with constant fearmongering instead of informing people of the facts & taking practical measures like our European neighbours.
    I will not accept another lockdown, clearly our politicians are not afraid of this disease. They’re not even quarantining from abroad & attending nights out. They’re just sorry they got caught while they give the Gardai extra powers to break up parties the little people want to have.
    Time to reopen and shield the vulnerable.
    Budget day Oct 2020 might focus the minds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I’m quite surprised by the WHO’s two year comment today. Setting a timeline is something I didn’t expect them to do. Must be confident in the vaccine candidates.

• Advertisement

There’s your 80!!

6 people from no more than 3 households at each table. Like **** it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,827 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

you don't believe the government because the figure changed by 1 in few hours?
    I'm joking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I’m quite surprised by the WHO’s two year comment today. Setting a timeline is something I didn’t expect them to do. Must be confident in the vaccine candidates.

The fact that they went from "it'll be here forever" to "it'll be over in two years" has to be a positive!

Cases per county from start of August
    523785.jpg

523786.jpg

Thanks spook

Great to have

Updating Cork for past two days I make it Cork has had 36 cases over the past 14 days

Thanks spook

Great to have

Updating Cork for past two days I make it Cork has had 36 cases over the past 14 days

Incredibly low for half a million people

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Guess that's a positive

El Sueño wrote: »
    The fact that they went from "it'll be here forever" to "it'll be over in two years" has to be a positive!

Careful the positivity police mightnt like it!!

Thanks spook

Great to have

29 = 14 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Yes, I think there is increasing confidence in a vaccine. It would actually be extremely bad luck if at least a couple of the candidates now in phase 3 don't prove to be effective and also available in decent quantities during 2021.

• Advertisement

Yes, I think there is increasing confidence in a vaccine. It would actually be extremely bad luck if at least a couple of the candidates now in phase 3 don't prove to be effective and also available in decent quantities during 2021.

Indeed. Just a matter of getting on with things and making it to the new year imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

So we're relying on the likes of assetbacked avoiding foreign travel, etc. Yeah, we'll see how that plan turns out I guess.

What's the issue with foreign travel? I've stayed abroad in Germany and will see if Germany are added to the green list next week. Otherwise I'll just restrict my movement when I return. It's 30 degrees at 8:30pm here tonight and I am going for a badly needed beer in a local bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Incredibly low for half a million people

Yes we're doing well

Hopefully we can keep it that way

29 = 14 days

Fair enough

That's what I had earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

hmmm wrote: »
    SF haven't exactly covered themselves with glory in adhering to Covid guidelines.

I think we need a genuine national government as no politician wants to make the decisions we are facing. If we can't get that, let's have Leo back. Although Harris looked wrecked I thought, so that might be too much to ask.

For once I have sympathy for politicians. They are facing a set of impossible but necessary decisions, and the alternative is possibly large-scale suffering and death. Who is going to tell the country that you can't go visit your relatives for Christmas dinner this year?

Leo Varadkar is the deputy leader of the country, his part has a 40% representation at cabinet. Just because they've managed to dodge the microphones the past few weeks does not mean Fine Gael should not be held to account. They are very much part of this government as well, just as they were very much part of the golf function in Clifden.

I didn't vote for any party by the way in the election, and I'm only mentioning that in case someome tries to accuse me of allegiance to one of the others. I just hate this double standard.

Even if he was in breach, he prob. would have been safe anyway. He's the EU trade commissioner, forcing him out really would be cutting off our nose to spite our face with the post Brexit trade talks currently underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Even if he was in breach, he prob. would have been safe anyway. He's the EU trade commissioner, forcing him out really would be cutting off our nose to spite our face with the post Brexit trade talks currently underway.

By taking this attitude, we’re sacrificing principle - what’s right and wrong, for our own self interest. That’s the sort of thing that regularly gets lambasted on here.

What he did was either a sackable offence or it wasn’t. How good a job he’s doing or whether it’s cutting off our nose is really beside the point.

I hear you, but at some point, our Values and dare I say it, 'Ethics' as a nation ,must come first. If we loose sway in the EU trade dept, its down to Big Fat Phil.
    Do you actually trust the scuttering C u n t to stand up for Ireland anyway? Nah, he will line his bed and his buisness buddies like Larry, nothing more. Nothing for the likes of you and me anyway.
    Can big Phil do anything at all he wants , so we as a country can haggle better? No No No.

This scumbag must be held to account, regardless of anything else, imo.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    By taking this attitude, we’re sacrificing principle -

I find in history the people who won't sacrifice principle are normally the ones who get most people dead.

For me dead people are worse than dead principles.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement