Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hoping a virus, you have a good chance of catching, causes more harmful side effects is like turkeys voting for Christmas. Every outlier is a person.

If people point these outliers they are just highlighting the unknowns about the virus. Not celebrating what it can do to a person.

The problem is they are not recognising them as outliers but as side effects for the majority.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Wild Field 1831

North Clare that was you with the paedophile poster at the march!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Onesea wrote: »
    They reported 500 ppl in attendance.

Regardless of your view on this protest, there's more than 500 at that.

Ignoring the type of people at this particular event, I so think anti lockdown is gonna grow and grow amongst the population in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Moghead

statesaver wrote: »
    Maybe it was self defence. No one knows what happened before the photo was taken.

I'd have my doubts it was self defence.

Moghead wrote: »
    The head on that yoke, hopefully he was arrested.

I'd say there was the 2 of them in it. The masked fella with his sunglasses and trackie doesn't look like your average Joe minding his own business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Let’s face it Mary Lou is no oil painting. She’s carrying her fair share of timber, she covered fine. People need not worry about getting it

niallo27 wrote: »
    The problem is they are not recognising them as outliers but as side effects for the majority.

It's probably too early to determine the percentage of people who are left with long term effects. A lot of hearsay.

I don't know Niallo are there few outliers or is it more common. I don't know.

nthclare wrote: »
    The irony of all this covid is 80 people in high places and of trusted responsibility had a party and no social distancing or regards for us civilians.

And they had no fear of catching covid or passing it on, just remember that they're not afraid of it.

Why ???

Why are we all supposed be wearing muzzels and lining up like plebs or like a chain gang ???

There's people getting a hard on watching us all wear masks as if we're in a big massive s and m party for their pleasure.

Viruses can get through those masks, they're not reliable and make people look like gomels.

So think about it, how many people die of a cold and seasonal flu every winter, more than the fcking covid that's for sure.

I went in my local GP and you could see he was getting off on dressing up like something from the movie hostel.
    It looked creepy,all I was going in for was antiinflammatory pills for a disc problem that flares up now and again.

It was creepy and gave me the ****s,and in an odd way I felt I'll after.

In his costume and a big sinister look about him...yeuchh

I enjoyed that post! I do think there are some that have a bit of a fetish going on with masks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

owlbethere wrote: »
    I took a screenshot of a video that was on Tiktok from todays protest.

It's supposed to be anti mask and anti lockdown march and there's a big banner about Pedophilia being the real pandemic and virus.

I mean like, what the Holy fcuk does that have to do with the global pandemic of a novel coronavirus and masks and lockdown?

Great.
    That's all we want, this shower of ballbags.

• Advertisement

Ignoring the type of people at this particular event, I so think anti lockdown is gonna grow and grow amongst the population in the near future.

It will. Fatigue with it sets in. Coupled with what the Oireachtas golf society got up to etc.

I'd say there was the 2 of them in it. The masked fella with his sunglasses and trackie doesn't look like your average Joe minding his own business!

Don't wear glasses if you're going to end up in a scrap. Very dangerous if he gets hit there.

Angry middle aged men. I'm one myself, middle aged that is ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Moghead wrote: »
    I'd have my doubts it was self defence.

Both got what they wanted, confrontation. The fat fuk needs to work-out if he wants to continue getting involved in nonsense like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭seanb85

Cases last 7 days (Friday 14th to Friday 21st) per gov.ie
    Carlow +16
    Cavan +1
    Clare +14
    Cork +18
    Donegal +10
    Dublin +238
    Galway +8
    Kerry +2
    Kildare +216
    Kilkenny +20
    Laois +18
    Leitrim - No Change
    Limerick +45
    Longford +2
    Louth +13
    Mayo +3
    Meath +19
    Monaghan +5
    Offaly +12
    Roscommon +3
    Sligo +1
    Tipperary +75
    Waterford +8
    Westmeath +1
    Wicklow -1

Total: 747
    Dublin and Kildare: 454 (61%) (28.9 per 100k)
    Rest of Leinster: 100 (13%) (10.7 per 100k)
    Munster: 162 (22%) (12.7 per 100k)
    Connacht: 15 (2%) (2.7 per 100k)
    Ulster: 16 (2%) (5.4 per 100k)

7 day incidence: 15.23 per 100k

You're missing Wexford in case you want to add it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

So who was fighting who anyway at the protest?

Judean People's Front and The People's Front of Judea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Would love to know when those two people died.

Someone posted here about a Nursing home death yesterday to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

North Clare that was you with the paedophile poster at the march!

No not me, but I'd hate how that picture came to your cognitive impairment from reading my post.

So I say **** you you sick bastard :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Seroprevalence study in the Indian city of Pune has come back at over 50% :eek:
    This study estimates 51.5% (CI: 49.1-53.9%) seroprevalence in the five prabhags sampled.The prevalence ranged from 36.1% (CI: 31.1-41.1%) in Kasbapeth-Somwarpeth to 65.4% (CI: 60.1-70.7%) in Lohiya Nagar-Kasewadi.
    http://cms.unipune.ac.in/~bspujari/Covid19/Pune2/Pune_Serosurvey_Technical_report-17_08_2020.pdf

To really make agriculture a poisoned chalice they should broaden the portfolio.. The Minister for Agriculture and Covid!

Who haven't they tried Larry Goodman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

The irony of all this covid is 80 people in high places and of trusted responsibility had a party and no social distancing or regards for us civilians.

And they had no fear of catching covid or passing it on, just remember that they're not afraid of it.

Why ???

Why are we all supposed be wearing muzzels and lining up like plebs or like a chain gang ???

There's people getting a hard on watching us all wear masks as if we're in a big massive s and m party for their pleasure.

Viruses can get through those masks, they're not reliable and make people look like gomels.

So think about it, how many people die of a cold and seasonal flu every winter, more than the fcking covid that's for sure.

I went in my local GP and you could see he was getting off on dressing up like something from the movie hostel.
    It looked creepy,all I was going in for was antiinflammatory pills for a disc problem that flares up now and again.

It was creepy and gave me the ****s,and in an odd way I felt I'll after.

In his costume and a big sinister look about him...yeuchh

I dare say Boris wasn't too worried about either until he caught it.

No not me, but I'd hate how that picture came to your cognitive impairment from reading my post.

So I say **** you you sick bastard :)

Right. Says the fella who sees the doctor getting off putting on his gear :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

So just ignore the other 1.2 million, right.
    Last time I checked, there’s 26 counties in the country and half of the country is 13 counties.

Been reading your argument with seanb85 over this .
    You are ignoring the more than half of the country with increasing cases .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

I'd say there's one or two anti lockdowners from here who might have been in attendance there today.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Oh noooooo I missed the protests, I really wanted to listen to the speakers.

"The group is led by Maeve Murran, a “kinesiologist” and anti-vaccination campaigner, and Kelly Johnson, a homeopath who has claimed vaccines can cause autism."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

prunudo wrote: »
    Doesnt look like the figures from the Bray direct provision centre have been added to Wicklows totals yet.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/asylum-seekers-told-of-covid-19-cluster-in-bray-centre-1.4335104

Existing tests have been yes as far as I'm aware. First round of testing was Tuesday. Rest of the centre tested Friday after Tuesday results came back.

Thats not the worst place to isolate, there's individual rooms, everyone has their own bathroom. There's an awful lot worse in terms of DP centres.

The initial testing returned 2 postive results. Wouldn't expect to hear until Monday probably at earliest regarding the others.

Busy time for public health in the area. There was an outbreak of cryptosporidium recently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I went down for about an hour from about 2.30 and I'd say there was about 3,500 to 4,000 people. If by "type of people" you mean 5g/anti-vax conspiracy theorists, National Party types and thugs, I'd say they were (visibily) about 20% of the total-the rest were as regular a group of Irish people as you'd find anywhere. Probably the exact same range of ages and class as you'd see at a GAA championship match.

I dare say Boris wasn't too worried about either until he caught it.

He's over it now, what's your reason for bringing up Boris ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

sabat wrote: »
    I went down for about an hour from about 2.30 and I'd say there was about 3,500 to 4,000 people. If by "type of people" you mean 5g/anti-vax conspiracy theorists, National Party types and thugs, I'd say they were (visibily) about 20% of the total-the rest were as regular a group of Irish people as you'd find anywhere. Probably the exact same range of ages and class as you'd see at a GAA championship match.

Total loon jobs.

He's over it now, what's your reason for bringing up Boris ???

Is he over it. Did he tell you that personally. Maybe ye attend the same doctor..you can strike up great conversations in the waiting room..

Right. Says the fella who sees the doctor getting off putting on his gear :D

I should have said that it was a metaphor, or anology...

**** you can have the same effect, a bit like it's either a playful in jest type of thing or an insult

But explain what you mean by a poster, I'm nowhere near Dublin and don't really care about anything going on in Dublin..

So what's your reason for the comment about the poster, because you thought about it so you're head is somewhere mine isn't...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

gabeeg banned for ignoring threadban

• Advertisement

Is he over it. Did he tell you that personally. Maybe ye attend the same doctor..you can strike up great conversations in the waiting room..

Waiting room, wtf are you on about.

I'm in South Galway north Clare lol

You're an achiever I'd say lol let it go now and we'll let that slide over.
    Because you're not making much sense.

Sometimes I post metaphorically not factually.

So good luck now cupcakes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Spain recording the same number of positives as US on per capita basis.
    Pretty shocking.

You can see the stepwise nature of our reporting and the effect on the 7 day rolling average.

Italy seems to be accelerating.

523910.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

seanb85 wrote: »
    You're missing Wexford in case you want to add it in.

Wexford that's down south way isn't it?

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Wexford that's down south way isn't it?
    Never heard of the place :D

Waiting room, wtf are you on about.

I'm in South Galway north Clare lol

You're an achiever I'd say lol let it go now and we'll let that slide over.
    Because you're not making much sense.

Sometimes I post metaphorically not factually.

So good luck now cupcakes :)

You need help. Seriously.

https://www.samaritans.org/ireland/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/talk-us-phone/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 regulators

Never heard of the place :D

I think they sell strawberries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭flutered

It was an anti mandatory mask protest what did you expect.

Didn't work out well for this masker..

Screenshot-20200822-163746.jpg
    very uneven match, look at how the guy in the black t is ripped, the guy with the mask has a keg on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

flutered wrote: »
    very uneven match, look at how the guy in the black t is ripped, the guy with the mask has a keg on him

Its not his 1st tango I'd say, looks to know what he is at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    You seem to have a perverted view of what other people feel or want. Everybody wants to hear about full recoveries. It doesn't stop them appreciating, or being aware of the fact, that some people have had long term issues.

That may be true but I am sick of all the good news stories being countered immediately by fear mongering outliers

• Advertisement

There's currently a trance music festival taking place in Croatia, they also just recorded their single highest daily case number...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/index.html#underlying-med-conditions

Clicking on any part of the USA shows obesity as the biggest cause of death, are there any similar statistics for Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭prunudo

There's currently a trance music festival taking place in Croatia, they also just recorded their single highest daily case number...

Very surprised it went ahead, they seemed to be in denial about it, haven't seen any photos from it though, not sure what measures they have in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

If community transmission remains as low as they say it is then there's no way we are locking down.
    Is it not about 30% at the mo, i.e. ~50 today? Thought I read that somewhere..
    If true, that's worryingly high. There's a definite sampling bias - cases associated with clusters are far more likely to be identified since cluster contacts are more likely to be tested. And further, if there's a community transmission case which can feasibly be associated to a cluster, it will be counted as such, even if that was not actually the source of the transmission.
    And even on top of all that, it's not just community transmission that's still a problem - it's not like they can perfectly contain the clusters they do identify.

I'm not saying they will lockdown, mind, but pretending low (identified) community transmission means things are fine seems naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

prunudo wrote: »
    Very surprised it went ahead, they seemed to be in denial about it, haven't seen any photos from it though, not sure what measures they have in place.

I'd say the only measure is no cameras allowed!

• Advertisement

Ficheall wrote: »
    Is it not about 30% at the mo, i.e. ~50 today? Thought I read that somewhere..
    If true, that's worryingly high. There's a definite sampling bias - cases associated with clusters are far more likely to be identified since cluster contacts are more likely to be tested. And further, if there's a community transmission case which can feasibly be associated to a cluster, it will be counted as such, even if that was not actually the source of the transmission.
    And even on top of all that, it's not just community transmission that's still a problem - it's not like they can perfectly contain the clusters they do identify.

I'm not saying they will lockdown, mind, but pretending low (identified) community transmission means things are fine seems naive.
    Community transmission is 20%, as low as 16% in Kildare. Most if not all cases under investigation will be linked to outbreaks. The fact they weren't classified in the press release just means they haven't been traced yet. That can take up to a week for some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 regulators

You're the one going on about posters about paedophilia in Dublin, which had nothing to do with my piss take and metaphoricall post.

Can you respond to my question about the poster in Dublin and me and Boris Johnson having the same gp ???

I'm eager to learn where all this comes from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Tragic things happen every day, but yes you are correct it is an extreme outlier. Do you want the world to stop for a tiny amount of people. What do you want to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭prunudo

I'd say the only measure is no cameras allowed!

Small mercies, they've been the scourge of concerts for a long time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement