Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I wonder was there much infection rate among sex workers?

A friend of mine was asking
    A lot of them are furloughed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Renjit wrote: »
    The fine print below the headline is interesting :pac:

I noticed that yesterday. Did not realise that was a formal cultural attraction in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I wonder was there much infection rate among sex workers?

A friend of mine was asking

They were asking them to wear masks a few weeks ago, I thought some of clients paid for that already:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

shinzon wrote: »
    Can we at least get the quote right this is what the WHO actually said.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/who-coronavirus-pandemic-over-2-years-a4530841.html

Shin

I think it's fair to say you're splitting hairs there a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

• Advertisement

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.generon.ie/read/newsletter-26/covid-19-saliva-test-in-1-hour-2293.html&ved=2ahUKEwic_o2wyq7rAhWGT8AKHUIoCvIQFjAJegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2dQ0YAhTs3wcjEi_MVu4-Y&cshid=1598091850670

Why doesn't the government pay private companies like these to send out these new saliva test kits to every household in the country once a month?

Doesn't require a visit to a lab, kits are posted out and sent back to labs.

They were able to send out those stupid postcards why not covid tests?

If the household doesn't do the test there is a financial penalty or even pay people to do tests or a reduction in TV licence?

We will pick up all those people with no symptoms who can then quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭plodder

Couple of observations about #golfgate. It sounds like there was a degree of confusion and uncertainty, but for some people it was going ahead come hell or high water. New restrictions had come into force which made the event unambiguously off limits.

There's two ways of looking at these restrictions. Either you follow them in their spirit, in which case an event like this was always a crazy idea, or you try to unpick the minutiae of the rules to find a "way around" them. I've been guilty of that myself as have many people, but it's a really bad look for politicians and judges. Reminds me of the old saying: "when in doubt ... do the right thing".

I remember a couple of years ago in a small bar in the West of Ireland I recognised a Dublin TD sitting at the bar chatting to anyone who would chat to him. At the stroke of 11:59pm he stood up, left his drink and walked out the door. That's what goes with the territory now for better or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Akrasia wrote: »
    The pubs aren’t open, it’s restaurants that are open, pubs that happen to also be restaurants are allowed to open too, as restaurants not pubs. The public health authorities have decided to refuse permission to allow people to spend hours in a pub surrounded by hundreds of other people. It’s 90 minutes in a restaurant with a max of 50 other people in the premises together

The fact that lots of pubs are taking the piss
    Is not the fault of expert advise,

The only reason masks are not required in restaurants or cafes is because you can’t eat or drink while wearing a mask. You can however walk and piss while wearing a mask so it is perfectly sensible to require people to wear masks while moving through large groups of people in an indoor setting

BTW if it takes you ‘literally 20 seconds’ to arrive at a restaurant, await to be seated, walk to your table, remove your coat and sit down, then you’re moving too fast you maniac, slow down

We are now in a bizarre world where the absolutely ludicrous is the norm.

when is a pub not a pub? when it’s a pub being a restaurant!

When is it okay to eat with 49 other people? When it’s in a pub pretending yo be a restaurant, but not if you attend a meal with a group in restaurant in a golf club?

Then it’s ‘Let’s fire them all and recall the national parliament.’

What an absolute joke.

Ignorance, drama, hype, terror everywhere.

I am just back from a few days in Rome. It was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.generon.ie/read/newsletter-26/covid-19-saliva-test-in-1-hour-2293.html&ved=2ahUKEwic_o2wyq7rAhWGT8AKHUIoCvIQFjAJegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2dQ0YAhTs3wcjEi_MVu4-Y&cshid=1598091850670

Why doesn't the government pay private companies like these to send out these new saliva test kits to every household in the country once a month?

Doesn't require a visit to a lab, kits are posted out and sent back to labs.

They were able to send out those stupid postcards why not covid tests?

If the household doesn't do the test there is a financial penalty or even pay people to do tests or a reduction in TV licence?

We will pick up all those people with no symptoms who can then quarantine.
    Not a government call. It would be De Gascun, the NVRl and the DoH/HSE recommendations. They've mentioned different tests at different times. It's all down to how reliable they think they are.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not a government call. It would be De Gascun, the NVRl and the DoH/HSE recommendations. They've mentioned different tests at different times. It's all down to how reliable they think they are.

De Gascun on holidays tweeting.

We are a small country of 5 million people couldn't be that hard.

Testing is worse than it was two months ago in the height of a pandemic not good enough.

Very uninspiring government/HSE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

I wonder are people taking the piss with the app. Last few days 100% of people checking in have zero symptoms. I know that’s possible but 250,000/300,000 check in each day and none have symptoms...

I heard that many people that have covid19 symptoms dont want to be tested, because insurance companies are becoming more reluctant to sell life insurance to people who have had this dose, and you cant get a mortgage without life insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Santy2015 wrote: »
    I wonder are people taking the piss with the app. Last few days 100% of people checking in have zero symptoms. I know that’s possible but 250,000/300,000 check in each day and none have symptoms...

I presume it just rounds to the nearest whole number, rather that there being literally nobody with symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I heard that many people that have covid19 symptoms dont want to be tested, because insurance companies are becoming more reluctant to sell life insurance to people who have had this dose, and you cant get a mortgage without life insurance.

Yes heard this too.

Is it possible to use a burner name when having the test done or do they insist on verifying your identification?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Yes heard this too.

Is it possible to use a burner name when having the test done or do they insist on verifying your identification?

Something like Jason Bourne?...lol lol

M

The virus detected in 41 schools in Germany according to RTE Radio, a fun week leading in to the schools reopening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

You can nearly guarantee insurance companies will use a positive test to load your premium. Life insurance and health insurance. So many unknowns in the long term for those who have recovered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Mortgage protection assurance is slightly different but I am shocked that insurance companies are doing that.

De Gascun on holidays tweeting.

We are a small country of 5 million people couldn't be that hard.

Testing is worse than it was two months ago in the height of a pandemic not good enough.

Very uninspiring government/HSE.

More tests processed in yesterday’s numbers than at any other stage in the pandemic. 60,000 tests in the last 7 days. Given 760,000 have been processing since this started nearly 6 months ago, the current rate of testing is a way ahead of the level seen earlier in the pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

The virus detected in 41 schools in Germany according to RTE Radio, a fun week leading in to the schools reopening here.

9 people died on our roads last week.

Fun week leading into the roads this week...

1000s died of smoking related illness this year.

Fun week leading into shops legally selling cigarettes this week....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

More tests processed in yesterday’s numbers than at any other stage in the pandemic. 60,000 tests in the last 7 days. Given 760,000 have been processing since this started nearly 6 months ago, the current rate of testing is a way ahead of the level seen earlier in the pandemic

It's not only about taking tens of thousands swabs a day, but be able to process them and trace contacts as fast as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

9 people died on our roads last week.

Fun week leading into the roads this week...

1000s died of smoking related illness this year.

Fum week leading into shops legally selling cigarettes this week....

Obscure correlation there.

M

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

It's not, it shows on a per cost to save a life what we are doing with Covid is completely insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Damien360

Santy2015 wrote: »

I reckon the average age of usage of the app is over 40. I base it only on what you have quoted above and my experience below. More than once I have heard under 30’s in various workplaces all over ireland (I travel all over ireland) tell me they won’t download it as the government can track you. Despite the code being openly released with no such functionality and we have a government with various servers within the many state bodies that can’t talk to each other due to being structured differently, how in lords name does anyone think that.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://twitter.com/illonaduffy/status/1295298892280614912%3Fref_src%3Dtwsrc%255Egoogle%257Ctwcamp%255Eserp%257Ctwgr%255Etweet&ved=2ahUKEwi_m_X_2a7rAhVHfMAKHdnUAPQQglR6BAgEEAk&usg=AOvVaw2QEBji-wIGHn8n1cKcy2F3

HSE would call this an outlier or some other spin.

It is systems failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

There are 34,486 schools in Germany - that’s a minuscule %

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

How so?

Driving is a danger to national health.

Should we close all roads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I don't really know the point in that feature there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

There are 34,486 schools in Germany - that’s a minuscule %

41 school's in Berlin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement