Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

There are 825 schools in Berlin, less than Ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Damien360 wrote: »
    I reckon the average age of usage of the app is over 40. I base it only on what you have quoted above and my experience below. More than once I have heard under 30’s in various workplaces all over ireland (I travel all over ireland) tell me they won’t download it as the government can track you. Despite the code being openly released with no such functionality and we have a government with various servers within the many state bodies that can’t talk to each other due to being structured differently, how in lords name does anyone think that.

I had it installed and it nearly killed the phone. Yeah they updated it blah blah but how badly made must it have been to do that in the first place, you would hardly trust it again like. So it can stay gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

There are 34,486 schools in Germany - that’s a minuscule %

The schools are all in one city. It is a shocking number of outbreaks in one region two weeks after opening. It's why it's international news, some people on these threads just seek to irrationally minimise absolutely everything and anything going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

There are 34,486 schools in Germany - that’s a minuscule %

It's just Berlin schools.
    cases have been reported by at least 41 schools in Berlin, barely two weeks after the German capital’s 825 schools reopened.
    Berlin was one of the first places in Germany to reopen its schools after the summer holidays

5% after less than 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Another great clip.

https://youtu.be/wpCQRH5Uzzo

That guy is very good, first time I heard him. Wish RTE would get him on. Maybe they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

redmgar wrote: »
    41 school's in Berlin

Fair enough - quote was Germany..

I think that’s about 5% but in the article they are stating that it’s only one case etc... so it shows that cases identified early close down schools and stop spread - that’s essentially what next year will look like

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Fair enough - quote was Germany..

I think that’s about 5% but in the article they are stating that it’s only one case etc... so it shows that cases identified early close down schools and stop spread - that’s essentially what next year will look like
    I know, it's going to be a mess. But I don't think anyone specifically can be blamed. They have to at least try and get them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I had it installed and it nearly killed the phone. Yeah they updated it blah blah but how badly made must it have been to do that in the first place, you would hardly trust it again like. So it can stay gone now.
    If at first.... never try again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

How so?

Driving is a danger to national health.

Should we close all roads?

No, but we have driving legislation and punishments for individuals when they are broken. The law is a deterrent.

There can be no deterrent with schools. It’s going to purely end in disaster I think. If I was a teacher I’m quitting, not putting myself in harms way for a job.

I’ve just been talking on the phone to a friend of mine who is an SNA in a school, LOVES her job but dreading going back, absolutely dreading it... she is in a class with kids one or two which have learning / behavioral issues too...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

People are so dense. This is a deadly contagious virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Strumms wrote: »
    No, but we have driving legislation and punishments for individuals when they are broken. The law is a deterrent.

There can be no deterrent with schools. It’s going to purely end in disaster I think. If I was a teacher I’m quitting, not putting myself in harms way for a job.

I’ve just been talking on the phone to a friend of mine who is an SNA in a school, LOVES her job but dreading going back, absolutely dreading it... she is in a class with kids one or two which have learning / behavioral issues too...

We have all of that for covid.

How long do you think we can hide and keep kids hidden from a virus that kills 0.03% of the worlds population before we run out of money and resources to survive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Just to add, most SNAs are moving between multiple children in multiple classes at different levels so though they may have 8 children to go between they are exposed to classes of 27-32 children in each class and Learning Support teachers are also moving between classes bubbles.

Oranage2 wrote: »

Contagious yes.

Massive Killer, well the stats suggests it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

[QUOTE=Strumms;114386620]No, but we have driving legislation and punishments for individuals when they are broken. The law is a deterrent.

I’ve just been talking on the phone to a friend of mine who is an SNA in a school, LOVES her job but dreading going back, absolutely dreading it... she is in a class with kids one or two which have learning / behavioral issues too...[/QUOTE]

The point was if we want zero deaths on the road or near zero we can achieve it by bringing in ultra strict rules, yet we don't. Why don't we.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Akrasia wrote: »
    The pubs aren’t open, it’s restaurants that are open, pubs that happen to also be restaurants are allowed to open too, as restaurants not pubs. The public health authorities have decided to refuse permission to allow people to spend hours in a pub surrounded by hundreds of other people. It’s 90 minutes in a restaurant with a max of 50 other people in the premises together

The fact that lots of pubs are taking the piss
    Is not the fault of expert advise,

The only reason masks are not required in restaurants or cafes is because you can’t eat or drink while wearing a mask. You can however walk and piss while wearing a mask so it is perfectly sensible to require people to wear masks while moving through large groups of people in an indoor setting

BTW if it takes you ‘literally 20 seconds’ to arrive at a restaurant, await to be seated, walk to your table, remove your coat and sit down, then you’re moving too fast you maniac, slow down

"pubs that happen to also be restaurants are allowed to open too, as restaurants not pubs"

No, they don't have to have been restaurants, only have to serve food.

"It’s 90 minutes in a restaurant with a max of 50 other people in the premises together"

No, 105 minutes, and only where they can't accommodate 2m distancing. And restaurants not subject to the 50 people rule (correct me if I am wrong).

"BTW if it takes you ‘literally 20 seconds’ to arrive at a restaurant, await to be seated, walk to your table, remove your coat and sit down, then you’re moving too fast you maniac, slow down"

Yep, in the pub I go to, literally 20 seconds to get shown to my table. It's amazing, but it works like this: I book a space earlier, arrive at the pub, greeted by barman, and shown to a table. Mind you, it might have taken 30 seconds one time now that you mention it, when the table was at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The first Irish prisoner has tested positive in Dochas Women’s Prison, Dublin. Was in quarantine and tested upon arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

What virus are you talking about?

I was only aware of one where most cases are asymptomatic among those healthy enough to work

I was only aware of one where most cases are asymptomatic among those healthy enough to work

Asymptomatic is fine for the person who has it, but they are working and unawre that they are spreading it as they are working.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

She sounds lazy to me, wants to sit on her hole on full pay. I'm working through all this, I follow the rules, why can't she. Does she expect full pay for doing **** all.

We will look back in 10 years and realise what a whole lot of fear mongering and hysteria this whole escapade was.

The amount of people that will die from undiagnosed cancer treatments etc because we all had to hide from a virus that is harmless to 99.7% of the worlds population.

• Advertisement

khalessi wrote: »
    Asymptomatic is fine for the person who has it, but they are working and unawre that they are spreading it as they are working.

Bit like all the other viruses we live with so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Contagious yes.

Massive Killer, well the stats suggests it's not.

Guns kill a tiny percentage of the population so does that mean they're not dangerous?

niallo27 wrote: »
    She sounds lazy to me, wants to sit on her hole on full pay. I'm working through all this, I follow the rules, why can't she. Does she expect full pay for doing **** all.

If teachers don't want to go back fine.

Put them on job seekers.

I've worked all through this virus so they keep their full pay each week.

Are their lives and families more important than mine?

Guns kill a tiny percentage of the population so does that mean they're not dangerous?

Yet they still manufacture them every day??

Some comparison:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We have all of that for covid.

How long do you think we can hide and keep kids hidden from a virus that kills 0.03% of the worlds population before we run out of money and resources to survive?

It’s not about keeping kids hidden, it’s about minimizing risk.

It’s about being resourceful, utilization of remote learning, utilization of guardian/parent in that regard in support. Yes 2020... parents needing to parent, shock, horror. It’s not ideal, this situation isn’t ideal so we need to get on with it...be flexible in our approach. But again, parents want their babysitters back.

It’s not about keeping kids hidden, it’s about minimizing risk.

It’s about being resourceful, utilization of remote learning, utilization of guardian/parent in that regard in support. Yes 2020... parents needing to parent, shock, horror. It’s not ideal, this situation isn’t ideal so we need to get on with it...be flexible in our approach. But again, parents want their babysitters back.

And what about parents who have to work to, you know..

Keep the world going?

niallo27 wrote: »

Doesn't sound lazy to me, she sounds worried and concerned, no wrose then HCW in March and April and still now that I am talking to. People are allowed express concerns. Well done working throught it but dont tell me that you have not once been concerned or not had proper PPe or restrictions in your workplace.

19 people been treated in hospital for covid around the country.

Jesus I despair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

19 people been treated in hospital for covid around the country.

Jesus I despair.

According to some experts on here expect at least 500 in the next couple of weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement