Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

polesheep wrote: »
    It doesn't matter a damn what the county statistics are. It isn't the football or hurling championships. If there's a meat plant in a county then that county is likely to have cases. Having no cases in your county really is nothing to be proud of.
    Leitrim also has a meat plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

owlbethere wrote: »
    Oh my god. I met someone. A local nonetheless. Well, she's adamant that the disposal masks are not disposal and they can be washed and hung up to dry. Do you know the blue surgical masks? They are flimsy blue paper type of masks. Her mask is so frayed now, there would be no protection whatsoever from it. I was able to see parts of her face where the mask was wearing down from the washes.

I mean like that's like rewashing condoms or washing disposable period pads. Christ almighty.

Some agencies and doctors have said this is ok, even if left aside for a couple of days so any viral particles on them would be dead.

https://news.yahoo.com/reuse-disposable-mask-yes-steps-192223361.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

lukas8888 wrote: »
    Leitrim also has a meat plant.

Half of these people were claiming population density didn’t matter in the slightest back in April/May, I wouldn’t even bother arguing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Wild Field 1831

Micky 32 wrote: »
    There’s obviously a cohort on here who just want us all locked down indefinately to suit whatever agenda they have.

I don't think so. Who wants to live a restricted life? Serious question. We all want to meet people, have craic, have a drink, hug embrace. We all want to live. I think people are concerned about the infection. But they don't want to be locked up or have to wear masks shopping forever. And if you do you're probably suffering from depression and want to escape from the world. I hope anyone with such health problems a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭amandstu

Some agencies and doctors have said this is ok, even if left aside for a couple of days so any viral particles on them would be dead.

Washing them is madness.(I do reuse them after 3 or more days if they are safely stored in a dry location of their own and then aired for half an hour in the sun)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

What time are the figures out today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭seanb85

There seems to be a trend on this thread that anyone who suggests things aren't going great and the situation may have deteriorated are somehow pro-lockdown or eternal doom mongers, that isn't particularly fair.

Personally I am in no rush to return to lockdown. I accepted the first one as I knew our health service is massively under resourced and compared to many other countries had little to no capacity to cope. What I expected was the lockdown was to give us time, breathing room to get testing up to speed, get a really thorough tracing system in place. Maybe even do sewage testing to predict spikes. Be really thorough with workplaces and schools to make them as safe as possible. A high tech Korea style approach. And I thought that's the way to live with this.

But I've lost faith that we're capable of all that. We shouldn't be surprised by increases, but we should be worried by trends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

OK. Thanks I didn't know that. The mask I saw today was frayed. There were definitely light holes in parts of the mask. I'd say it was washed and dried and worn many times. Surely some cop on should come into play and throw it out after 2 or 3 or 4 wears.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Galway is just as impressive as Cork.

Of course they've all got lovely infection rates....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Thanks for that didn't know it was gavin reilly that was doing those, I saw one posted the other on here but nothing to say where it it had come from.
    If posting posting other peoples work at least credit them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The protest in Dublin went well today. Full of idiots jammed together. Personally I'd love to have seen a JCB shove them all into the Liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

fr336 wrote: »
    Lockdown has lost its meaning. A lockdown isnt people being advised not to visit different households.

I'd agree with that, but who's to blame. The media or the mixed messaging coming from government. What happened in kildare, Offaly and Loais was never a lockdown yet labelled as one everywhere, not helped by the stupid lokdown hashtag either.
    But I suppose local restrictions doesnt create enough fear or doom and gloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

No more nose swabs? Why a saliva test for COVID-19 could be a 'game changer'
    Its not necessarily a new test. Its a new protocol for saliva sample collection and preparation.

Still requires laboratory equipment and PCR.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The protest in Dublin went well today. Full of idiots jammed together. Personally I'd love to have seen a JCB shove them all into the Liffey.

A JCB with a 5G antenna on it would be perfect for that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

2 deaths
    156 new cases

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

156 cases

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

owlbethere wrote: »
    Oh my god. I met someone. A local nonetheless. Well, she's adamant that the disposal masks are not disposal and they can be washed and hung up to dry. Do you know the blue surgical masks? They are flimsy blue paper type of masks. Her mask is so frayed now, there would be no protection whatsoever from it. I was able to see parts of her face where the mask was wearing down from the washes.

I mean like that's like rewashing condoms or washing disposable period pads. Christ almighty.

This is everything that is wrong with us at the moment, did it really actually bother you. Its better than no mask. Are you really comparing it to used condoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Time for Dublin lockdown - if it means never having to see MM or SD again

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wonder when the deaths were?

• Advertisement

55 in Dublin, 36 in Kildare, 12 in Tipperary, 9 in Limerick, 7 in Kilkenny, 6 in Waterford and the remaining 31 cases are in Carlow, Clare, Cork, Donegal, Galway, Kerry, Laois, Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.

81 are men / 75 are women

71% are under 45 years of age

68 are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case

15 cases have been identified as community transmission

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

This is getting very worrying now. Society as a whole in Ireland has lost respect for the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

81 are men / 75 are women

71% are under 45 years of age

68 are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case

15 cases have been identified as community transmission

What about the rest

Wtf..tons of info to bash under 45s..what age were the dead??. Is that so hard report.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Wild Field 1831

55 in Dublin, 36 in Kildare, 12 in Tipperary, 9 in Limerick, 7 in Kilkenny, 6 in Waterford and the remaining 31 cases are in Carlow, Clare, Cork, Donegal, Galway, Kerry, Laois, Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.

21/26 counties ACE. That's significantly more than half the country effected.

Donegal, Monaghan..Ulster.

Mayo, Ros, Galway.. Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

wadacrack wrote: »
    This is getting very worrying now. Society as a whole in Ireland has lost respect for the virus.

I think it's more a case of they can see the facts and figures and realise the risks are being overplayed to the detriment of society and the economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Gael23 wrote: »
    What about the rest

Unknown at present

21/26 counties ACE. That's significantly more than half the country effected.

Seems very widespread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

wadacrack wrote: »

We are not so secretly heading towards herd immunity.

Wait until you see the numbers when the gas chambers schools open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement