Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

It’s becoming widespread again and the whole country isn’t in lockdown. Seems like it’ll only go one way for the time being.

The rules are clearly not being followed by Young and old. I see teenagers congregate together anytime I go into town. Just now I’ve seen a big group of people protesting together in Dublin with no ppe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I've read plenty of your posts. You're not exactly one who can throw stones. You've had plenty of running battles and bans.

You're not the worst mind you but feck off trying to claim moral high ground :D

Throwing stones? I'm just wondering why you feel the need to get personal with a poster who to the best of my knowledge refrains from engaging in exactly the behaviour you are involved in. In my opinion you are engaging in bullying and I'm surprised it is tolerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

3 people in Eurofins lab in Sandyford have tested positive for the virus

Jaysus i used to work there as a driver.

Not surprising considering the lads are in and out of the hospitals and doctors all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Oranage2 wrote: »
    This is getting scary so I'm off. Just a piece of advice, if I were you I'd take the guidelines a step further, don't leave your homes for a few weeks and don't have any contact with others. This is gonna be a sh/t storm over the next few weeks so stay safe everyone

Ah here calm down.

branie2 wrote: »
    I actually don't know. Sorry

Ok thanks. Not given by any news today either. It just fuels suspicion and resentment i feel really.

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »
    my son at the minute

Are you sure it's the cold and not covid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Tandey wrote: »
    It’s becoming widespread again and the whole country isn’t in lockdown. Seems like it’ll only go one way for the time being.

The rules are clearly not being followed by Young and old. I see teenagers congregate together anytime I go into town.

There's going to be a few hundred thousand of them congregating in large groups in poorly ventilated indoor spaces from next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Ah here calm down.

That’s what the hysteria does to you.

Ah here calm down.

Too late, he said he was off. Though some people like to be dramatic on here so let’s see.

Blondini wrote: »
    There's going to be a few hundred thousand of them congregating in large groups in poorly ventilated indoor spaces from next week.

I’m taking about people not following the guidelines though. What you’ve mentioned is within the advised guidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The rules are clearly not being followed by Young and old. I see teenagers congregate together anytime I go into town. Just now I’ve seen a big group of people protesting together in Dublin with no ppe.

Nursing homes and hospitals have upped their game and have the equipment they need to prevent spread, the deaths from the first few months are simply not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I’ve seen a big group of people protesting together in Dublin with no ppe.

It was an anti mandatory mask protest what did you expect.

Didn't work out well for this masker..

Screenshot-20200822-163746.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

15 cases identified as community transmission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

I think it won't be much longer before the majority of the population move towards not giving a fúck about 'lockdown' associated intiatives. A few of us said a long time back that eventually society will get tired of it, and I think I recall politicians saying pretty much the same thing at the outset.

The increasingly ridiculous and contradictory rules are only bringing the death knell of society compliance nearer imo.

Perhaps it is inevitable. Like a cruise ship, whoever's gonna get it will eventually get it and it's just one long drawn out experiment. That's not to say that the vulnerable should not be protected.

A lot already are.
    Some didnt obey by the rules from day one.Anyone that thinks their was 100% compliance is deluding themselves.
    That's why I am aghast every time I hear a politician say flattening the curve was down to the efforts of everyone.

Not going to be specific here but observing the majority of people's behaviour in just about every county you'd think their wasn't an ongoing Pandemic.

Complacency and general "ah Feck it it'll be grand" has set in

Nursing homes and hospitals have upped their game and have the equipment they need to prevent spread, the deaths from the first few months are not going to happen.

Yes going by the deaths alone the past couple of months that side of things has drastically improved it seems which is fantastic. Awful to have so many elderly die before it happened.

M

Blondini wrote: »

It's a masterplan to spread the virus and get herd immunity across the board in this country, about time we took this approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

All divorced or separated sad loser men at that rally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

I’m taking about people not following the guidelines though. What you’ve mentioned is within the advised guidelines.

Not anything like the guidelines I'm afraid...

https://twitter.com/Eintrachtrob/status/1294591472252182528

M

Awful to have so many elderly die before it happened.

Particularly when they knew from Italy and Spain that the nursing homes were the big risk area.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's a masterplan to spread the virus and get herd immunity across the board in this country, about time we took this approach.

I really think this is the plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Nursing homes and hospitals have upped their game and have the equipment they need to prevent spread, the deaths from the first few months are simply not going to happen.

Their have alraedy been positive cases in a number of Nursing homes in the last 2 weeks. With numbers increasing thats going to increase/ Most public health experts acknowledge that shielding the people who are vulnerable to a serious illness its not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Would love to know when those two people died.

Hardly anyone is dying in Ireland anymore so that's great, and I believe this is the case across Europe too.

From my own experience I know quite a few people who have gotten it in a range of age groups and they are all fine, recovered 100%. So I am still sceptical about the long term effects of this, at least in Ireland.

M

Jim Corr was there too :D
    https://twitter.com/Jimcorrsays/status/1297177798784811009

It was an anti mandatory mask protest what did you expect.

Didn't work out well for this masker..

Screenshot-20200822-163746.jpg

Ironically in the picture you’ve posted I see at least 5 with their face covered/mask.
    So one would have to question the actual authenticity of the protest.

Prime example of a sad loser!

Are the case numbers stabilising or still rising week on week?

Particularly when they knew from Italy and Spain that the nursing homes were the big risk area.

Do you or anyone know the death figures for people in Ireland due to Covid below the age of let’s say 40?

I really think this is the plan.

You must be in danger of brain damage every time you use the jacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Society's degenerates

• Advertisement

He should get a name change to Hard Corr.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement