Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Enjoy

We sure will. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

It was an anti mandatory mask protest what did you expect.

Didn't work out well for this masker..

Screenshot-20200822-163746.jpg

It could have been a protest to save the Ladybird and all those people would still have been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

irishgeo wrote: »
    You passed yourself fully fit after getting a virus that's barely 8 months old. Long term effects might not become evident for years.

Have you had your lungs and heart checked?

Yes I have. My resting heart rate is the lowest it’s been in 5 years, my lungs are absolutely fine and FVC and FEV1 results (compared to 2 years ago) were well above average my age.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Anyone from Waterford able to confirm if the new cases are all from factories? Rumours of a lot of factory problems

There are people picking up covid who happen to work in factories, no clusters reported yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Anyone from Waterford able to confirm if the new cases are all from factories? Rumours of a lot of factory problems

Mostly factories alright but not food/meat processing. 2 pharma plants, a med device plant and 2 other manufacturing plants.

I'd say all but one of these places would be very modern plants with up to date ventilation, not much physical contact etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

polesheep wrote: »
    It could have been a protest to save the Ladybird and all those people would still have been there.

On both sides......

Especially the notorious anti ladybird league

lukas8888 wrote: »
    Is that the best you can up with after i correctly contradicted both of your ridiculous points. Jesus wept.

Are you serious? Stop being a Yahoo. Go and shout 'Up the banner' or some such nonsense into a mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Are you serious? Stop being a Yahoo. Go and shout 'Up the banner' or some such nonsense into a mirror.

What's wrong with shouting up the banner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

One of the worst aspects to unfold about this is the see no evil, hear no evil approach. Kildare has significantly higher numbers because more testing has taken place, almost all of the cases are asymptomatic. I suspect if other counties were subjected to the same level of tests per capita then we would have similar numbers.

Berlin has already had problems with schools since re-opening an if the government is too apply the same approach as the meat factories to schools then the whole country will be back in total lockdown very soon and we will be back to square one with the government making it up as they go along.

We are at a crucial point where the public are already very suspicious of the governments logic here, anymore errors in judgement and making it up as we go along will likely continually set us back to square one time and time again. I suspect Dublin, Kildare and Meath to be the worst impacted due to the numbers of students per class in those counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Steve F wrote: »

Complacency and general "ah Feck it it'll be grand" has set in

Thank god it has.

The buy in for flatten the curve was unanimously adhered to.

It was to allow the hospitals get prepared, make provisions to protect nursing homes and was to be a temporary flatten the curve measure.

The inaction of the government with DP centres and meat plants was overshadowed by finger wagging clowns in NPHET and now MM. (Leo was tolerable)

People are not stupid, we could lockdown for the next 40 years and nothing will have changed regarding DP or low income workers in food production.

That and the fact the virus isn't particularly dangerous to the general population has caused more complacency

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I took a screenshot of a video that was on Tiktok from todays protest.

It's supposed to be anti mask and anti lockdown march and there's a big banner about Pedophilia being the real pandemic and virus.

I mean like, what the Holy fcuk does that have to do with the global pandemic of a novel coronavirus and masks and lockdown?

niallo27 wrote: »
    What's wrong with shouting up the banner.

Nothing at a GAA match. This nonsense of my county is doing better then your county is childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

theballz wrote: »
    Yes I have. My resting heart rate is the lowest it’s been in 5 years, my lungs are absolutely fine and FVC and FEV1 results (compared to 2 years ago) were well above average my age.

Glad you are doing well seems like only yesterday that eveing you posted here at the time. Many healthy days ahead to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

owlbethere wrote: »

It's supposed to be anti mask and anti lockdown march and there's a big banner about Pedophilia being the real pandemic and virus.

I mean like, what the Holy fcuk does that have to do with the global pandemic of a novel coronavirus and masks and lockdown?

A lot of these guys don't believe the virus exists at all, or if it does it's basically like another strand of the cold

I think every protest no matter what it's about should have a banner against pedos cnuts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Wild Field 1831

Would presume somehow suggesting that with children being home most of the time, no school, that domestic abuse and child abuse has risen.

Hope not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

You can't take these people seriously. They have the intelligence of a goldfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

speckle wrote: »
    Glad you are doing well seems like only yesterday that eveing you posted here at the time. Many healthy days ahead to you.

Many thanks!

And for me it seems like that was forever ago! It wasn’t a pleasant experience for sure but in a weird way I’m happy it happened and I’ve new appreciation for my health.

I personally think we need to focus more on keeping the over 60’s safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

You can't take these people seriously. They have the intelligence of a goldfish.

Think you'll find goldfish have more intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Don't know why people thought this was any different to the last few Saturdays. Its been the same crew the last few weeks, the Gemma crew and all the tag alongs. Same location same fights with the same people. Today's no different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 regulators

All on the dole and council houses as well I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Polar101

Will that actually help? Genuine question, I don't see how that changes anything. Surely forcing someone to sign a form in person is more effective :confused:

Yeah.. depends on how they are actually going to do it.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ab900-covid-19-passenger-locator-form/

From Wednesday 26 August 2020, the COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form is changing to an online form. If you are arriving into Ireland on or after this date, you can complete this form by clicking on the button below in advance of arriving into the State.

The form is here:

https://cvd19plf-prod1.powerappsportals.com/en-US/passenger/

I hope the last page doesn't say "please print this now" instead of actually sending it on.

---

To me it would make more sense to have this integrated with the check-in process - you already have to enter passport information, so why not collect the other data there as well? I assume there are data protection issues.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The latest pandemic conspiracy to gain traction is that it has been orchestrated to steal our children. There are numerous variations of how this is working. Masks aiding kidnappers to gag kids then hide the gag behind the mask to make it easier to carry them off. Children being sent away from schools never to be seen by their families again, under the guise of them displaying symptoms at school. Etc.

Nothing at a GAA match. This nonsense of my county is doing better then your county is childish.

Banter

Not everything needs to be taken seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Akesh wrote: »
    One of the worst aspects to unfold about this is the see no evil, hear no evil approach. Kildare has significantly higher numbers because more testing has taken place, almost all of the cases are asymptomatic. I suspect if other counties were subjected to the same level of tests per capita then we would have similar numbers.

Berlin has already had problems with schools since re-opening an if the government is too apply the same approach as the meat factories to schools then the whole country will be back in total lockdown very soon and we will be back to square one with the government making it up as they go along.

We are at a crucial point where the public are already very suspicious of the governments logic here, anymore errors in judgement and making it up as we go along will likely continually set us back to square one time and time again. I suspect Dublin, Kildare and Meath to be the worst impacted due to the numbers of students per class in those counties.

I don;t think so. I'd imagine the % testing positive is much higher in Kildare than the national average of 1.8 % or so. 20% of infected tend to transmit about 80% of cases . Usually in high risk settings like the clusters in congregated indoor settings. Which is exactly happening in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Speak Now wrote: »
    There are people picking up covid who happen to work in factories, no clusters reported yet.

The first couple they tested in Cahir all their close contacts had it, whole factory is being tested we don't have results yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

iguana wrote: »
    The latest pandemic conspiracy to gain traction is that it has been orchestrated to steal our children. There are numerous variations of how this is working. Masks aiding kidnappers to gag kids then hide the gag behind the mask to make it easier to carry them off. Children being sent away from schools never to be seen by their families again, under the guise of them displaying symptoms at school. Etc.

Please tell me this is a joke. I find it hard to tell the difference with all that's been going on, so I really don't know if this is a joke or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

theballz wrote: »

No .... No .... that is not what many want to hear on here

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Wild Field 1831

No .... No .... that is not what many want to hear on here

That's great news that the person is fitter than ever.

Why would any of us want to hear to the contrary? Besides not wishing someone ill on a selfish level the more we hear Covid hasn't long term negative effects the better for us if we catch it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement