Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

Doesnt look like the figures from the Bray direct provision centre have been added to Wicklows totals yet.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/asylum-seekers-told-of-covid-19-cluster-in-bray-centre-1.4335104

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Anyone know if contact tracing team call on Sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

theballz wrote: »
    Many thanks!

And for me it seems like that was forever ago! It wasn’t a pleasant experience for sure but in a weird way I’m happy it happened and I’ve new appreciation for my health.

I personally think we need to focus more on keeping the over 60’s safe.

Great way of looking at it, will stand you well in life.

Yes its weird how time can be distorted at the moment things at the beginning seem not too long ago, stuff from the middle seems ages ago, lots of people forgetting what day it is... a quantum physicist would probably have the answer.

Agree with over 60s and those younger in the highest risk catorgories need to be focused on more especially down the country where a lot of the help they had is evaporating , naturally so as people get back to work.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

That's great news that the person is fitter than ever.

Why would any of us want to hear to the contrary? Besides not wishing someone ill on a selfish level the more we hear Covid hasn't long term negative effects the better for us if we catch it.

Outliers related to people suffering long term affects get more traction and are always referred to on here. Despite the fact that the huge huge majority of people make a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Polar101 wrote: »
    Yeah.. depends on how they are actually going to do it.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ab900-covid-19-passenger-locator-form/

The form is here:

https://cvd19plf-prod1.powerappsportals.com/en-US/passenger/

I hope the last page doesn't say "please print this now" instead of actually sending it on.

---

To me it would make more sense to have this integrated with the check-in process - you already have to enter passport information, so why not collect the other data there as well? I assume there are data protection issues.
    Would need airline buy-in for that, I assume. Which is never ever going to happen :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

It was an anti mandatory mask protest what did you expect.

Didn't work out well for this masker..

Screenshot-20200822-163746.jpg

The head on that yoke, hopefully he was arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

No .... No .... that is not what many want to hear on here

You seem to have a perverted view of what other people feel or want. Everybody wants to hear about full recoveries. It doesn't stop them appreciating, or being aware of the fact, that some people have had long term issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

theballz wrote: »
    Many thanks!

And for me it seems like that was forever ago! It wasn’t a pleasant experience for sure but in a weird way I’m happy it happened and I’ve new appreciation for my health.

I personally think we need to focus more on keeping the over 60’s safe.

I'm over 60 and I still run marathons. Look after yourself sonny. ;)

prunudo wrote: »
    Doesnt look like the figures from the Bray direct provision centre have been added to Wicklows totals yet.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/asylum-seekers-told-of-covid-19-cluster-in-bray-centre-1.4335104
    According to the original letter bulk testing only took place yesterday so we won't see those results till monday at least

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Moghead wrote: »

Is the bloke on the left a guard?vigilante?pro-lockdown type?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Wild Field 1831

Outliers related to people suffering long term affects get more traction and are always referred to on here. Despite the fact that the huge huge majority of people make a full recovery.

Hoping a virus, you have a good chance of catching, causes more harmful side effects is like turkeys voting for Christmas. Every outlier is a person.

If people point these outliers they are just highlighting the unknowns about the virus. Not celebrating what it can do to a person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

The irony of all this covid is 80 people in high places and of trusted responsibility had a party and no social distancing or regards for us civilians.

And they had no fear of catching covid or passing it on, just remember that they're not afraid of it.

Why ???

Why are we all supposed be wearing muzzels and lining up like plebs or like a chain gang ???

There's people getting a hard on watching us all wear masks as if we're in a big massive s and m party for their pleasure.

Viruses can get through those masks, they're not reliable and make people look like gomels.

So think about it, how many people die of a cold and seasonal flu every winter, more than the fcking covid that's for sure.

I went in my local GP and you could see he was getting off on dressing up like something from the movie hostel.
    It looked creepy,all I was going in for was antiinflammatory pills for a disc problem that flares up now and again.

It was creepy and gave me the ****s,and in an odd way I felt I'll after.

In his costume and a big sinister look about him...yeuchh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Maybe it was self defence. No one knows what happened before the photo was taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

According to the original letter bulk testing only took place yesterday so we won't see those results till monday at least

Hopefully the numbers aren't too high and it can be contained. Don't want extra restrictions placed on the whole of Wicklow based in it.

prunudo wrote: »
    Hopefully the numbers aren't too high and it can be contained. Don't want extra restrictions placed on the whole of Wicklow based in it.
    Wicklow has had very low case numbers for the last 2 weeks, it's unlikely that will cause a lockdown there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

So who was fighting who anyway at the protest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

nthclare wrote: »
    The irony of all this covid is 80 people in high places and of trusted responsibility had a party and no social distancing or regards for us civilians.

And they had no fear of catching covid or passing it on, just remember that they're not afraid of it.

Why ???

Why are we all supposed be wearing muzzels and lining up like plebs or like a chain gang ???

There's people getting a hard on watching us all wear masks as if we're in a big massive s and m party for their pleasure.

Viruses can get through those masks, they're not reliable and make people look like gomels.

So think about it, how many people die of a cold and seasonal flu every winter, more than the fcking covid that's for sure.

I went in my local GP and you could see he was getting off on dressing up like something from the movie hostel.
    It looked creepy,all I was going in for was antiinflammatory pills for a disc problem that flares up now and again.

Are you ok??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

So who was fighting who anyway at the protest?

Morons v eejits

'I went in my local GP and you could see he was getting off on dressing up like something from the movie hostel.'

Jaysus :D I'd change GP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

gabeeg wrote: »
    Ok, but there's tons of evidence that suggests you're dead wrong about the long term effects.

But if you've got a few mates who've recovered fully I guess we can disregard it all and you can continue to not even read about it.

It hasn't been here long enough to call anything long term effects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hoping a virus, you have a good chance of catching, causes more harmful side effects is like turkeys voting for Christmas. Every outlier is a person.

If people point these outliers they are just highlighting the unknowns about the virus. Not celebrating what it can do to a person.

The problem is they are not recognising them as outliers but as side effects for the majority.

North Clare that was you with the paedophile poster at the march!

Onesea wrote: »
    They reported 500 ppl in attendance.

Regardless of your view on this protest, there's more than 500 at that.

Ignoring the type of people at this particular event, I so think anti lockdown is gonna grow and grow amongst the population in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

statesaver wrote: »
    Maybe it was self defence. No one knows what happened before the photo was taken.

I'd have my doubts it was self defence.

I'd say there was the 2 of them in it. The masked fella with his sunglasses and trackie doesn't look like your average Joe minding his own business!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Let’s face it Mary Lou is no oil painting. She’s carrying her fair share of timber, she covered fine. People need not worry about getting it

niallo27 wrote: »
    The problem is they are not recognising them as outliers but as side effects for the majority.

It's probably too early to determine the percentage of people who are left with long term effects. A lot of hearsay.

I don't know Niallo are there few outliers or is it more common. I don't know.

Why ???

I enjoyed that post! I do think there are some that have a bit of a fetish going on with masks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,202 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

owlbethere wrote: »
    I took a screenshot of a video that was on Tiktok from todays protest.

It's supposed to be anti mask and anti lockdown march and there's a big banner about Pedophilia being the real pandemic and virus.

I mean like, what the Holy fcuk does that have to do with the global pandemic of a novel coronavirus and masks and lockdown?

Great.
    That's all we want, this shower of ballbags.

• Advertisement

Regardless of your view on this protest, there's more than 500 at that.

Ignoring the type of people at this particular event, I so think anti lockdown is gonna grow and grow amongst the population in the near future.

It will. Fatigue with it sets in. Coupled with what the Oireachtas golf society got up to etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement