Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/index.html#underlying-med-conditions

Clicking on any part of the USA shows obesity as the biggest cause of death, are there any similar statistics for Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

seanb85 wrote: »
    There's currently a trance music festival taking place in Croatia, they also just recorded their single highest daily case number...

Very surprised it went ahead, they seemed to be in denial about it, haven't seen any photos from it though, not sure what measures they have in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

If community transmission remains as low as they say it is then there's no way we are locking down.
    Is it not about 30% at the mo, i.e. ~50 today? Thought I read that somewhere..
    If true, that's worryingly high. There's a definite sampling bias - cases associated with clusters are far more likely to be identified since cluster contacts are more likely to be tested. And further, if there's a community transmission case which can feasibly be associated to a cluster, it will be counted as such, even if that was not actually the source of the transmission.
    And even on top of all that, it's not just community transmission that's still a problem - it's not like they can perfectly contain the clusters they do identify.

I'm not saying they will lockdown, mind, but pretending low (identified) community transmission means things are fine seems naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭seanb85

prunudo wrote: »
    Very surprised it went ahead, they seemed to be in denial about it, haven't seen any photos from it though, not sure what measures they have in place.

I'd say the only measure is no cameras allowed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Ficheall wrote: »
    Is it not about 30% at the mo, i.e. ~50 today? Thought I read that somewhere..
    If true, that's worryingly high. There's a definite sampling bias - cases associated with clusters are far more likely to be identified since cluster contacts are more likely to be tested. And further, if there's a community transmission case which can feasibly be associated to a cluster, it will be counted as such, even if that was not actually the source of the transmission.
    And even on top of all that, it's not just community transmission that's still a problem - it's not like they can perfectly contain the clusters they do identify.

I'm not saying they will lockdown, mind, but pretending low (identified) community transmission means things are fine seems naive.
    Community transmission is 20%, as low as 16% in Kildare. Most if not all cases under investigation will be linked to outbreaks. The fact they weren't classified in the press release just means they haven't been traced yet. That can take up to a week for some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 regulators

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

You're the one going on about posters about paedophilia in Dublin, which had nothing to do with my piss take and metaphoricall post.

Can you respond to my question about the poster in Dublin and me and Boris Johnson having the same gp ???

I'm eager to learn where all this comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Tragic things happen every day, but yes you are correct it is an extreme outlier. Do you want the world to stop for a tiny amount of people. What do you want to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

I'd say the only measure is no cameras allowed!

Small mercies, they've been the scourge of concerts for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

There's currently a trance music festival taking place in Croatia, they also just recorded their single highest daily case number...

Don't think you can get a flight out there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

niallo27 wrote: »
    Tragic things happen every day, but yes you are correct it is an extreme outlier. Do you want the world to stop for a tiny amount of people. What do you want to happen.

Only a Covid death is tragic Niallo.

Or its what I gather from those sort of posts

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PixieValentine

Well, I guess at least they tried something. I've no faith at all he'll care one whit, but I suppose it's (a bit) better than nothing?

https://twitter.com/PTHosford/status/1297259846333603840?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Time to lockdown Dublin!

Only a Covid death is tragic Niallo.

Or its what I gather from those sort of posts

Again your proving that you don't know what your talking about.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I see Joanna Blythman has liked yer man Jim Corr's support of the protest today on twitter.

What is it with the low carb, pro meat crowd and their contrarian populist views? Seems to be a strange alignment going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

polesheep wrote: »
    Are you serious? Stop being a Yahoo. Go and shout 'Up the banner' or some such nonsense into a mirror.
    What are you on about,whatever your smoking it is making your responses more and more absurd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

lukas8888 wrote: »
    What are you on about,whatever your smoking it is making your responses more and more absurd.

It's 'you're'. Maybe it's you that's smoking.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I see Joanna Blythman has liked yer man Jim Corr's support of the protest today on twitter.

What is it with the low carb, pro meat crowd and their contrarian populist views? Seems to be a strange alignment going on.

It attracts a certain type of person.

Same thing as morons saying we are living in a police state.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    It attracts a certain type of person.

Same thing as morons saying we are living in a police state.

I know, I just find it odd that a lot of people who are pro saturated fats and the benefits of grass fed dairy tend to also think that the coronavirus pandemic is some form of conspiracy. I don't get the connection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭seanb85

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Don't think you can get a flight out there though.

Dublin to Zagreb 10.20 tomorrow morning Croatia Airlines, might make it out for a few tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I know, I just find it odd that a lot of people who are pro saturated fats and the benefits of grass fed dairy tend to also think that the coronavirus pandemic is some form of conspiracy. I don't get the connection.

It's a grifters wet dream thats the connection just like today's protest in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

prunudo wrote: »

Croatia shut their borders at the start of March and have only had 130 deaths.

Their death per million population is 41 per million. Our figure is 359 per million. I think they will be just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Dáil to be recalled
    https://twitter.com/KatieGHannon/status/1297267702482993153?s=19

Edit: tweet has been deleted. Embargoed until midnight

john4321 wrote: »
    It's a grifters wet dream thats the connection just like today's protest in Dublin.

I guess some people like to think that they are right against all the odds. Jesus syndrome.

Dáil to be recalled
    https://twitter.com/KatieGHannon/status/1297267702482993153?s=19

Edit: tweet has been deleted. Embargoed until midnight

What the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

polesheep wrote: »
    It's 'you're'. Maybe it's you that's smoking.
    Thank you for the correction,but i am a paid up member of the kill the apostrophe club.

lukas8888 wrote: »
    Thank you for the correction,but i am a paid up member of the kill the apostrophe club.

Probably cost's a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Flat out refusing to recall the Dáil yesterday and now he’s doing it?

• Advertisement

Flat out refusing to recall the Dáil yesterday and now he’s doing it?

A mess of their own making.
    Zero sympathy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement