Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Options
1324325326327328330»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Get a load of these lunatics

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0822/1160698-anti-lockdown-protest/

Tin foilers at the ready folks
    It's a free country and they are free to do that just as you are free to ignore them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I've been obsessed with COVID since it broke out as a mysterious viral pneumonia in December. I predicted a global pandemic in January and started making relevant preparations here almost three months before we had our lockdown. I have been following the virus - news related to it as well as our ever increasing scientific and medical knowledge in relation to its transmission and effects - since day one.

I don't need to be convinced of the "badness" of COVID. The evidence is all around us. We don't even know the longitudinal effects of it yet (there have been a ton of studies showing that even asymptomatic or mild cases of it leads to long-term problems after recovery including insomnia, migraines, cardiac damage, lung damage, etc). I want to be protected from COVID because (1) it is a deadly and dangerous illness and (2) even with its relatively low fatality rate, its non-fatal cases can still have devastating long-term effects and (3) even if it didn't, I should still be looking out for the rest of my society. I am aware of how little I or any health professionals know about the virus. That is where the source of my fear in the virus lies.

I have not been lied to or manipulated. I am justifiably concerned about a deadly viral vascular disease not just for myself but for society at large and as such I believe there must be restrictions on liberty temporarily so that more of us can enjoy restrictions on liberty permanently in the future.

I would urge you to read up actual scientific articles on the effects of Covid, not just whatever misinformation is coming up on your facebook news feed.

Very good post. Back in February they were saying that this was going to cause flu like symptoms. I copped straight away that this is more than a flu. Its going to be our generation of TB or measles or mumps or rubella or smallpox. Many of us never had the experience or threat of dealing of infectious diseases because of vaccines protecting us. I copped straight away, this is an infection you don't want to get. I'm all for the government to introduce whatever measures they can to break the chain of transmissions and to protect public health.

I heard before that if people are convinced something is bad enough, they will beg for protection at all costs

I've heard before that people who follow conspiracy theorists and such other gritters will believe anything that their told especially that the man is out to get them. This results in these so called free thinking followers blindly repeating what they read or hear over and over again while ignoring the fact that they have also posted stuff that contradicts what they are blindly repeating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

That protest seemed a bit mad. But maybe, just maybe Jim Corr has a point.
    I'm starting to believe the evidence on this one. Scary mind controlling b*stards.

https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1297451453653479425?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

That protest seemed a bit mad. But maybe, just maybe Jim Corr has a point.
    I'm starting to believe the evidence on this one. Scary mind controlling b*stards.

https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1297451453653479425?s=20

:D:D that is very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Is anyone still taking this seriously after the Galway fiasco?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

GazzaL wrote: »
    Is anyone still taking this seriously after the Galway fiasco?

yes , I am and will still be careful and stay away from crowds and wear a mask etc .Because despite the lack of leadership and the elite thinking they are somehow different I still dont particularly want to get Covid .

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement