Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

What restrictions are there for restaurants right now does anyone know, in terms of max numbers - I looked at Failte Ireland guidelines but it is a bit vague. Can 5 families from 'same family' all book a restaurant for a seating together?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

MD1990 wrote: »

That may come with some significant side effects!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Hospitalization rate overall is 12.6%

The rate on roughly the 800 cases over the past 14 days has been 3.2%.

If anything considering we are probably only missing 1 case for every one we find and the age demographic of cases, the hospitalization rate is actually quite high.

If we were only finding 1 in 8 cases back in March / April. Scaled up that would give us a rate of 25%.

An over abundance of caution given the capacity is there would explain probably explain that given the shortness of the current hospital stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

For an adult maybe. If I had to get my three year old tested, we would need two additional adults to hold his arms down and the other to grip his head still. They'd probably have to fit some kind of dental frame to keep his mouth open.

Have you done this test yourself ? At this stage i have done it 22 times (all negative), nasal or throat and nasal&throat, at least for me, its painless and takes less than 2 seconds.

138 positive swabs.

11,337 test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

LATEST TESTING UPDATE

Tests conducted last 24 hours: 11,337
    Tests conducted last 7 days: 41,139
    Additional positive tests: 138
    Positivity Rate last 7 days: 1.4%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

138 positive swabs.

Latest testing data
    < 15,000 referrals last 72hrs and nearly 35,000 swabs taken. There's some targetted testing happening, I just don't know where.
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/integrated-information-service-testing-and-contact-tracing-dashboard-14-august-2020.pdf

A county many people don't seem to talk about is Carlow.
    It now has the highest 14 day incidence outside of the 3 counties in lockdown.
    Latest GP referral data shows a marked increase in referrals per GP, in Carlow alone.
    https://tomorrowscare.ie/covid/2020-08-13_COVID_GP_Survey_Results.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

GooglePlus wrote: »
    That's shocking, any idea when you might get the result? That's another delay potentially
    seefin wrote: »
    Now that's worrying. Told along the only real way to live with the virus is decent testing and tracing.
    Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Something is not right there. A friend contacted his GP on Tuesday morning, after being a close contact of a case, and had the test Wednesday, with results the next day.

In fairness to the health service I'm a non driver so that made the process more complicated as they had to send the national ambulance service out to me.

I offered to walk to my nearest test centre but they refused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's either loads of people paniking with seasonal allergies or masking has been a complete disaster, cases accelerating with the lack of the basics been followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

It's either loads of people paniking with seasonal allergies or masking has been a complete disaster, cases accelerating with the lack of the basics been followed.

Yes, it would be a disaster if people weren't wearing masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Looney1

Hope I'm wrong but from what I'm hearing on the ground we could be in trouble here in limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

The few places I have been in,most people wearing masks but no one sanitizing their hands on entry/exit. Plus a lot of masks look black from the dirt!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Looney1 wrote: »
    Hope I'm wrong but from what I'm hearing on the ground we could be in trouble here in limerick

WhatsApp?

What have you heard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

By "on the ground" I assume you mean a WhatsApp group?

I heard the same from a guard yesterday but was hoping it's only a rumour and nothing more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

LATEST TESTING UPDATE

Tests conducted last 24 hours: 11,337
    Tests conducted last 7 days: 41,139
    Additional positive tests: 138
    Positivity Rate last 7 days: 1.4%

Feck. Pity. Was hoping for 50/60 range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Renjit wrote: »
    Is it peer reviewed? This is dated May 2020.

Dunno.
    But I just went & got 100g of weed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

What's up in Limerick?

Feck
    Dare I post a positive comment? No increase in positivity rate even with over 11000 tests.

Dare I post a positive comment? No increase in positivity rate even with over 11000 tests.

You will be lynched for posting a positive comment!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

smurfjed wrote: »
    Have you done this test yourself ? At this stage i have done it 22 times (all negative), nasal or throat and nasal&throat, at least for me, its painless and takes less than 2 seconds.

That's very comforting smurfjed - if it was over quickly like a vaccination jab I'd have much less of an issue.
    A county many people don't seem to talk about is Carlow.
    It now has the highest 14 day incidence outside of the 3 counties in lockdown.
    Latest GP referral data shows a marked increase in referrals per GP, in Carlow alone.
    https://tomorrowscare.ie/covid/2020-...ey_Results.pdf

There's a good few meat factories in/near Carlow town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I heard the same from a guard yesterday but was hoping it's only a rumour and nothing more

Unless it's coming from the army it's probably fake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

MD1990 wrote: »
    Dunno.
    But I just went & got 100g of weed

That aint gonna cut it. You will need more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Latest testing data
    < 15,000 referrals last 72hrs and nearly 35,000 swabs taken. There's some targetted testing happening, I just don't know where.
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/integrated-information-service-testing-and-contact-tracing-dashboard-14-august-2020.pdf

Meat plants perhaps ? There was talk last week of widespread testing to take place there.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mr zulu

Your a glutton for punishment lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Wow, I don't know how people will justify this one and also including NI too, I guess it's a 'downward trend' if you compare it to the 174 we had a few weeks ago or that we're 'stabilizing' at a low 100 cases a day. Shocking really I don't know how people think we should open up more, and for the love of all things holy please have restrictions on the border

Meat plants perhaps ? There was talk last week of widespread testing to take place there.
    There's way more testing than when the nursing homes were being done, whatever it is. Nursing home testing never passed 10,000 swabs per day, whatever's going on right now is hitting nearly 15,000.

• Advertisement

Care homes, mandatory testing of staff every fortnight.

Boggles wrote: »
    Care homes, mandatory testing of staff every fortnight.
    That ended 3 weeks ago, not starting again for another week or two according to Prof. Nolan.

That ended 3 weeks ago, not starting again for another week or two according to Prof. Nolan.

Was talking to a lady who just returned to work in one Monday after maternity, tested every 2 weeks is what she told me.

What else could generate that amount of testing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Why would an increase in testing increase the positivity rate? It should decrease..

Not sure there's a positive spin to be put on this one

Like someone not phoning their doctor if they or one or their kids might be showing symptoms?

AdamD wrote: »
    Why would an increase in testing increase the positivity rate? It should decrease..

Not sure there's a positive spin to be put on this one
    It did decrease.... oh dear. They'll catch me for anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Wow, I don't know how people will justify this one and also including NI too, I guess it's a 'downward trend' if you compare it to the 174 we had a few weeks ago or that we're 'stabilizing' at a low 100 cases a day. Shocking really I don't know how people think we should open up more, and for the love of all things holy please have restrictions on the border

What's your model predicting for today?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

It's missing flux capacitor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ESRI survey on the COVID-19 "blame game" and thoughts on the implications of it.
    Speaking on RTÉ's Today with Sarah McInerney, Pete Lunn, Head of the ESRI's Behavioural Research Unit, said in a recent survey just over 70% of respondents said that people who tested positive for the virus had been "reckless or careless".

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0814/1159162-coronavirus-testing/

It did decrease.... oh dear. They'll catch me for anything.

Yesterdays positive rate was .89% (7072 swabs)

Today's is 1.22% (11337 swabs)

• Advertisement

Yesterdays positive rate was .89% (7072 swabs)

Today's is 1.22% (11337 swabs)
    Yesterday was the first day in a week it was below 1%, the average is 1.4% as shown by the COVID dashboard, it hasn't risen above the average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Feck. Pity. Was hoping for 50/60 range

Next time when you are taking the pee put a wink or something they are all having a hissy fit over your post :D

Yesterday was the first day in a week it was below 1%, the average is 1.4% as shown by the COVID dashboard, it hasn't risen above the average.

That's the 7 day average.

But it did increase on yesterday with roughly 40% more swabs.

That isn't really positive news, especially when you consider more than a quarter of the last 7 days tests were done yesterday.

That's the 7 day average.

But it did increase on yesterday with roughly 40% more swabs.

That isn't really positive news.
    You're taking me up completely the wrong way, again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

is_that_so wrote: »
    ESRI survey on the COVID-19 "blame game" and thoughts on the implications of it.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0814/1159162-coronavirus-testing/

Well that's no surprise at all. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

You're taking me up completely the wrong way, again.

Where did I take you up wrong before? :confused:

But I can assure I am not.

It's not actually that complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Sorry I haven't had time to update it as I've been pretty busy at work, but the trends aren't looking good. Random 'clusters' popping up across all the counties, Dublin's counts slowly rising which could easily spiral out of control. Positives are that younger people are getting it only due to the fact that the vulnerable at petrified to leave their homes. It seems like we're on a tight rope now and it could go either way but With more and more discontent amongst the general public for social distancing It seems like all these 6 months have been a waste of time which is a shame because it felt like we were so close to a zero count.

People need to get their act together or else we'll be back to March in no time.

I can assure I am not.

It's not actually that complicated.
    You absolutely are, because I know what you are saying, but whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Oranage2 wrote: »

I've asked this time and time again. How on earth do you have border restrictions with NI ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement