Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

pc7 wrote: »
    Was it a WhatsApp, seriously why post sh1te like this

Why does it matter if its a WhatsApp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Lockdown from monday on for the whole country, got a text from my aunt who's a very senior civil servant working in kildare street, be interesting to see if theres any truth in it come monday or if she's taking the piss out of me
    I don't believe it tbh

he should cite and link to his sources everytime he posts them, each posts needs to stand on its own.
    you know very well where i get my data from

16 community transmissions today? Is there any mention of where these are occurring? What counties?
    They really should say but they don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Lockdown from monday on for the whole country, got a text from my aunt who's a very senior civil servant working in kildare street, be interesting to see if theres any truth in it come monday or if she's taking the piss out of me

Christ not this again but nothing would surprise me. But there's been an economic precedent after being set in LOK for shuttered business. Spread over the country you're talking eye watering figures.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Because in the early threads there were constant posts about getting a WhatsApp from, cousins, aunts, uncles etc who said lockdowns were coming, army being deployed pure and utter sh1te. It became a joke that it didn’t count unless it was a WhatsApp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I don't understand why they aren't telling us. They have no issue naming counties..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Where did the hairdresser shutting down in carrigaline info come from

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

This is incorrect. You didn't get any text of that nature and I suspect your aunt doesn't exist. Don't make up disinformation to feel important.

• Advertisement

I don't understand why they aren't telling us. They have no issue naming counties..
    They'll probably claim privacy issues or some ****e like usual

spookwoman wrote: »
    Where did the hairdresser shutting down in carrigaline info come from
    From the hairdresser. I'm not posting the name of the business because I have a bit of decency, google hair dressers in Carrigaline.

Ask her who sent the text and what is their role, what info they're privy to?

nj27 wrote: »
    This is incorrect. You didn't get any text of that nature and I suspect your aunt doesn't exist. Don't make up disinformation to feel important.

You're skepticism hurts me to my very core

road_high wrote: »
    Ask her who sent the text and what is their role, what info they're privy to?

She sent the text to me, i presume she was talking to leo or someone like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

I met a man who knows a lad whose girlfriend's first cousin was on a Luas and saw a man in a suit get a text from someone who said something about a Covid Lockdown.

AKA either she is taking the piss out of you or you are taking the piss out of us. Either way there is more piss being taken than on a good night at Trump Towers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

lukas8888 wrote: »
    I knew we would not have to wait long for you to stick your oar in, with your usual vulgar language once the church was mentioned.

Stick my oar in ? Last time I looked this was an open forum for members to post their own views and opinions and engage on a variety of subjects and topics... if that’s sticking your oar in fine, people have been sticking their oar in if that’s the case here for over 20 years.... deal with it.

She sent the text to me, i presume she was talking to leo or someone like that

OK. You do know Leo isn't Taoiseach anymore!?

From the hairdresser. I'm not posting the name of the business because I have a bit of decency, google hair dressers in Carrigaline.
    Was not expecting the place to be named just the source as in was it word of mouth, social media or from the horses mouth itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Didn’t Ronan Glynn rattle off a few towns the other day?
    Ferbane, Birr... etc. Can’t remember the full listing, sorry.
    Why can’t they do that everyday?

spookwoman wrote: »
    Was not expecting the place to be named just the source as in was it word of mouth, social media or from the horses mouth itself.
    It's from the place's facebook page. From the owner herself.

• Advertisement

twirlagig wrote: »
    Didn’t Ronan Glynn rattle off a few towns the other day?
    Ferbane, Birr... etc. Can’t remember the full listing, sorry.
    Why can’t they do that everyday?
    "privacy", the usual excuse

We should be given a list of cases each day by county and rough location, as well as method of transmission.

It's from the place's facebook page. From the owner herself.

Thank you that was all I wanted to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DevilsHaircut

For anyone of the Swedish persuasion, by a Nobel Laureate economist.

Public health measures don't f*ck the economy, the virus does.

Because many don't go to pubs/restaurants/gyms/school/recreational shopping/on holiday in the middle of a pandemic.

Despite what Anders Tegnell of Sweden hoped.

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1294243540059529218

https://twitter.com/saveswedencov19/status/1293833369655087114

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Seamai wrote: »
    Got my hair cut earlier this week and while waiting I noticed that the guy in front of me wasn't wearing a mask, the barber told me that he said he had a medical condition and couldn't wear one. What conditions would they be exactly? I'm guessing someone with certain respiratory conditions if anything would need to be a lot more careful.
    My 65 year old mother went to get her hair done two days ago and everyone was great to wear masks, but an electrician barged in without a mask in the middle of it and the postman came in looking for directions not wearing one either. It's always bloody 50+ year old men being complete utter gowls.

OK. You do know Leo isn't Taoiseach anymore!?

Yea, but she works closely with the office of the tanaiste so i presume twas leo had a little word in her ear

"privacy", the usual excuse

We should be given a list of cases each day by county and rough location, as well as method of transmission.

Yeah, I get you, Citizen... but why was there no problem mentioning individual towns that particular day?

twirlagig wrote: »
    Yeah, I get you, Citizen... but why was there no problem mentioning individual towns that particular day?
    I assume the towns he named are the location of clusters, and he only used that to answer a question about why Laois was under lockdown, I'm sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I don't believe it tbh

Depends on whether his aunt's sister's boyfriend is in the army or not!

I assume the towns he named are the location of clusters, and he only used that to answer a question about why Laois was under lockdown, I'm sure

Might be no harm in future if they did the same. I think a lot of people only think Tullamore, for example, when Carroll Meats is mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

For anyone of the Swedish persuasion, by a Nobel Laureate economist.

Public health measures don't f*ck the economy, the virus does.

Because many don't go to pubs/restaurants/gyms/school/recreational shopping/on holiday in the middle of a pandemic.

Despite what Anders Tegnell of Sweden hoped.

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1294243540059529218

https://twitter.com/saveswedencov19/status/1293833369655087114

You just posted a tweet from Paul Krugman.....I am not sure if you know this guys history but if you expect anybody to keep reading your post beyond his name being tagged, you are on the wrong forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Doubtful. We’re in a totally different position now than in March. Unless things spiral totally out of control and overwhelm the hospitals I don’t think we’ll see another country wide lockdown, we just can’t afford it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

+ 1000000000

The current daily county data is most likely in the press releases.

Ronan Glynn seems to take account of the importance of getting the information out quickly (before HPSC confirmation).

Many 'news' journalists (as opposed to health/science ones) may not understand the importance of accurately and quickly relaying the information.

https://twitter.com/ShaneBeattyNews/status/1293605289757941760

You just posted a tweet from Paul Krugman.....I am not sure if you know this guys history...

Yep, winning a Nobel Prize.

That Shane Beatty is an insufferable idiot. Was when he was on K fm, and had only gotten worse. Never off social media pouring petrol on the fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If that's the case they are going to have to post the Guards or army around points around the Spanish Arch area in Galway, young ones drinking and partying. I know they eventually do send the Guards to clear the area at night.

middle-arch-spanish-arch-bushing.jpg

https://connachttribune.ie/cold-water-poured-on-spanish-arch-bushing-sprinkler-plan/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

That Shane Beatty is an insufferable idiot. Was when he was on K fm, and had only gotten worse. Never off social media pouring petrol on the fire
    He was on Twitter today claiming people need to leave journalists alone for joining the fg/ff government as advisers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Oh ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

You're skepticism hurts me to my very core

Your brain aids breaks my dick off at its core bitch tits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

you know very well where i get my data from
    here's an example of not citing or linking to your sources https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114247521&postcount=8205 I did not know where you got your data from.

He was on Twitter today claiming people need to leave journalists alone for joining the fg/ff government as advisers :rolleyes:

That’s exactly what an arsehole like him would have in mind...Chris Donohoe ex Newstalk was like a carbon copy of Beatty ...journalist? He thinks a lot of himself!

nj27 wrote: »
    Your brain aids breaks my dick off at its core bitch tits

Descriptive

Yep, winning a Nobel Prize.

He is always giving out and has absolutely zero real-world solutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

The witchhunt against ACE is getting ridiculous now,trawling back over his posts from over a week ago is pretty pathetic imo. If you don't like what he posts then why not put him on ignore

here's an example of not citing or linking to your sources https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114247521&postcount=8205 I did not know where you got your data from.
    You think I'm making up deaths? I obviously got it from journalists who posted it all over twitter

• Advertisement

He was on Twitter today...:rolleyes:

Whatever about 'that Shane Beatty', he posted the actual press release that all the journos get (and pick numbers from to publicise or suppress).

Surely the 'numbers guys' :cool: would approve?

Retro Hair Carrigaline has a confirmed case in its staff https://www.facebook.com/retrohair.carrigaline/posts/1549627705237993?__cft__[0]=AZWmvubTlChUXRNdFuHzQjTxJhd9Z7JEegarVMvwEh8kPQOyFHVhkLBfwYmnsZoKo8RuZ88EujlEYea11HBq1UxAIvnTSfjNURIZfoYpYOyiGNtm9-Jzt7WpL_DDsaoyXyO5FZDVuX1YFO9LTleiNpZOLqLXgpmj3yT6oT8xR0VtVA&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

You think I'm making up deaths? I obviously got it from journalists who posted it all over twitter
    just cite and link to the source and then we'll know the source

just cite and link to the source and then we'll know the source
    Will I lose marks for not citing my source?

If ACE disappears from this thread, it is pretty much over! He keeps this place going, surprised no outlet has tried to sign him or her up yet tbh.

He knows more than most journos out there at the moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement