Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

This is like having to wait a week after something suspenseful happens in a TV show except completely sh!t craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,557 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

On RTE News now, schools which have not been attended since March are getting deep cleaned, it's like The Millenium Bug again, throw money and plenty of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Havent heard anything from the HSE boss lately.

Hopefully he and his team are in lockdown planning for the Winter surge of flu and Covid. I’ll forgive him if that’s the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

El Sueño wrote: »
    There are circa 20 people in hospital in the whole country.

Obviously things aren't rosy but at the same time people need to get a grip.

These numbers will rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

There is an ignore feature on the forum, you are welcome to use it on me.

why don't you actually listen to someone who knows what they're talking about for once?

jesus wept you kids today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭feelings

About 50 cases today I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Hopefully he and his team are in lockdown planning for the Winter surge of flu and Covid. I’ll forgive him if that’s the case.

He could be in Italy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Wild Field 1831

That's another example of a fairly inaccurate statement. You can use the function but as you post so much you're going to be constantly quoted. You're inescapable!

• Advertisement

froog wrote: »
    why don't you actually listen to someone who knows what they're talking about for once?

This post actually made me laugh. You are incredibly condescending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Cannot understand why you have an issue with possibly the most independent and informative poster on this article thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

He could be in Italy

LOL, the Indo would have him for breakfast if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

On RTE News now, schools which have not been attended since March are getting deep cleaned, it's like The Millenium Bug again, throw money and plenty of it.

What an absolute pointless exercise at this point in time. Its window dressing and that's all it is. Trying to ease any fears parents might have about going back to school by saying deep cleaning. That's all it is. A deep clean would give the impression that they are disinfecting the area. The virus doesn't live long outside the body. There has been no school since March. I can safely say there's no virus in classrooms.

Cannot understand why you have an issue with possibly the most independent and informative poster on this article thread
    Because I don't agree with his/her's anti-youth agenda. And yes, it is quite clearly an agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Does anyone know what time the press conference is on tv this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

He talks when he has to and he's a whole lot smarter than the former Bord Failte chap! The HSE is not all about COVID-19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

It’s not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

there is none, will be tmw after cabinet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Only reason for the outbreak at Mushroom plant was because there wasn't mush room to social distance.

No press conference. There's a meeting between NPHET and government ongoing at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Apparently they are still meeting so there may not be one, just numbers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Wild Field 1831

Is he though?

They are mostly publicly available stats. He's so biased on one side that it renders a lot of what he posts useless.

He throws out positive platitudes that are popular with a lot of people who want life to return to 2019 lifestyles. Of course we all want that, but constantly downplaying Covid won't make it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

owlbethere wrote: »
    What an absolute pointless exercise at this point in time. Its window dressing and that's all it ease. Trying to ease any fears parents might have about going back to school by saying deep cleaning. That's all it is. A deep clean would give the impression that they are disinfecting the area. The virus doesn't live long outside the body. There has been no school since March. I can safely say there's no virus in classrooms.

Hey as a second level teacher my classroom has never been properly deep cleaned in its life I don’t think. The best cleaning it gets is from me. I’m doing well if a Hoover is run on it once a fortnight. I’ll take a deep clean if it’s going lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Numbers later this eve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So no cases or deaths today, that's a first.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

there is none, will be tmw after cabinet

So we don't even find out the NPHET meeting details until tomorrow evening to find out what was discussed and what measures might be happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Surprised and disappointed with you there!
    Standard answer for those who don't want/ can't deal with any disagreement.
    Fact is I will agree or disagree with whomever I want on this forum, as long as we keep it civil, and use the ignore on trolls only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Goldengirl wrote: »
    And I am quite aware too as I work in the HSE, in Dublin, where we were /and are pretty busy through this.
    I know you are not ignorant ACE, but this constant down playing of this rise in infection, is pissing me off.

He can speak for himself but they need to be viewed with the new cases entering hospitals, there doesn't appear to be many and this is being mirrored across Europe. We're losing our mind about the rise in cases when it's the rise in hospital admissions as a direct result of Covid we should be basing our reactions on.
    We're all about to get some penalty about Berlin bar as a nation, it's not right punishing us all, completely knee jerk reactions.

We have that 1 case in a meat factory now, blanket testing for everyone there, they'll find more cases, they won't necessarily mean a rise in hospital admissions.
    We need to look at all the data and not just some it and make our decisions then.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Surprised and disappointed with you there!
    Standard answer for those who don't want/ can't deal with any disagreement.
    Fact is I will agree or disagree with whomever I want on this forum, as long as we keep it civil, and use the ignore on trolls only.
    I'm not going to argue over a hospital you don't work in, you either believe me or you don't. You said I piss you off, which in and of itself should be ignore-worthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Arghus wrote: »
    No press conference. There's a meeting between NPHET and government ongoing at the moment.

Is it expected that they will make an announcement regarding the outcome of the meeting tonight or will also be tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Zardaz

Only reason for the outbreak at Mushroom plant was because there wasn't mush room to social distance.

I bet you're a fungi at parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Is it expected that they will make an announcement regarding the outcome of the meeting tonight or will also be tomorrow?
    I think tomorrow when it is brought to cabinet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Zardaz wrote: »
    I bet you're a fungi at parties.

Ah, that old chestnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Lyle wrote: »
    So we don't even find out the NPHET meeting details until tomorrow evening to find out what was discussed and what measures might be happening?

Yes, because it is up to Cabinet whether to act or not on the recommendations. As it should be.

There may be some big decisions so no point creating a public furore which may create biases at a time where doing the right thing is most important and not what joe public or the local publican thinks should be done.

Today's meeting started at 3pm and I think will be a very long one, well into the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

I read the next press briefing will be Thursday... that can’t be right surely

Haven't a clue. But if there isn't some change made to the current restrictions I'll be amazed.

Because I don't agree with his/her's anti-youth agenda. And yes, it is quite clearly an agenda.

there are plenty of posters your age i have no issue with. it's just you to be honest.

i mean right this minute you are fighting with a lady who actually works in the HSE. like i said why don't you actually listen to people sometimes, you might learn something.

screamer wrote: »
    I read the next press briefing will be Thursday... that can’t be right surely

Expect a many headed press conference during the week before then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Yes, because it is up to Cabinet whether to act or not on the recommendations. As it should be..

Varadkar didn't go exactly with NPHET's recommendations last time, and opened Bar/restaurants...

..... that won't happen again....

FFFG will follow the NPHET laws "guidelines" to the letter now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Is he though?

They are mostly publicly available stats. He's so biased on one side that it renders a lot of what he posts useless.

He throws out positive platitudes that are popular with a lot of people who want life to return to 2019 lifestyles. Of course we all want that, but constantly downplaying Covid won't make it so.

WTF!?

I actually cannot understand what type of people are behind hating on his or her posts

Do we think they are journo or TD?

Are they too dominant in the thread ?

What is so mad about his or her posts? Is it the facts or a really slight preference For a non militant reaction to covid that annoys people?

I’m actually confused

I would have thought Citizen was actually more conservative than the average

there are plenty of posters your age i have no issue with. it's just you to be honest.

i mean right this minute you are fighting with a lady who actually works in the HSE. like i said why don't you actually listen to people sometimes, you might learn something.
    I have multiple family members who work in the HSE, one of whom is involved in surge planning for the CUH, as I previously said. Yet another poster who fits your agenda is more trustworthy. Right, you can stop replying to me, good evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

They must be taking a while to decide what number to release today and what cases to hold back on.

Fantastic quote by Rob O'Hanrahan on Joe.ie.
    The loudest we have heard from government in recent weeks has been after a 20-second clip of a wild brunch in a Dublin city centre pub went viral. The actions in that video were wrong, infuriating and downright disrespectful to every sacrifice made by Irish people in recent months. But they are an isolated incident. They did not cause repeated outbreaks in Direct Provision Centres or meat-processing plants. They did not lock down Laois, Offaly and Kildare. They are just an easier target.
    https://www.joe.ie/politics/have-you-seen-these-people-701968

WTF!?

I actually cannot understand what type of people are behind hating on his or her posts

Do we think they are journo or TD?

Are they too dominant in the thread ?

What is so mad about his or her posts? Is it the facts or the a really very slight preference or a non militant reaction to covid that annoys people?

I’m actually confused

I would have thought Citizen was actually more conservative than the average

constantly downplaying COVID with misleading and incorrect data is actually dangerous. this is the reason people have an issue with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭SteHam

I have multiple family members who work in the HSE, one of whom is involved in surge planning for the CUH, as I previously said. Yet another poster who fits your agenda is more trustworthy. Right, you can stop replying to me, good evening.

Surge planning or anything of that sort is done via external consultation, not internal HSE planning. The HSE will make the decision based on the guidelines set out by external experts.

What exactly does your relative do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

GooglePlus wrote: »
    They must be taking a while to decide what number to release today and what cases to hold back on.

Keep it low today and have more restrictions put in place tomorrow followed by a massive number to scare the people into compliance?

SteHam wrote: »
    Surge planning or anything of that sort is done via external consultation, not internal HSE planning. The HSE will make the decision based on the guidelines set out by external experts.

What exactly does your relative do?
    Surge planning for COVID is done through the maintenance departments at hospitals (of which a relative of mine leads), using sub-contractors. I can name companies who have provided equipment and framework over PM if you wish, it would be inappropriate to do so here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

constantly downplaying COVID with misleading and incorrect data is actually dangerous. this is the reason people have an issue with him.

Funny how he always gets abuse for just republishing HSPC and HSE data on this thread.

Amazing how that has now been twisted in misleading data. Fairplay to you. Very perculiar mindset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

GooglePlus wrote: »

Yeah exactly. I’d say low number today, some announcement about further measures later etc then tomorrow ....
    Bam ! Big number.

Everyone then goes, ‘wow They were so right so have done x’
    ‘What fine leaders we have’

While no one cares to notice the data published is two days old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Figures?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement