Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,557 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

News now over, good time to release them if they are tripple figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Funny how he always gets abuse for just republishing HSPC and HSE data on this thread.

Amazing how that has now been twisted in misleading data. Fairplay to you. Very perculiar mindset.

that's not why people are arguing with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,647 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

stevek93 wrote: »
    Figures?

Hourglass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

0 deaths 56 cases

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

0 deaths
    56 new cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Great that their are no deaths again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

0 deaths 56 cases

They are holding back ~130 for tomorrow so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭SteHam

Surge planning for COVID is done through the maintenance departments at hospitals (of which a relative of mine leads), using sub-contractors. I can name companies who have provided equipment and framework over PM if you wish, it would be inappropriate to do so here.

No need to name them, I'm well aware of the consultants brought in and the process involved in hospital bed planning. Sláintecare has changed the face of all that you may know in relation to bed planning. I'd suggest having a word with your relative, as your view on things are a bit dated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Open the pubs

mloc123 wrote: »
    They are holding back ~130 for tomorrow so :)

Yup looks like there's some being held back alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

froog wrote: »
    not bad.
    Are you sure? Final answer?!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yeah exactly. I’d say low number today, some announcement about further measures later etc then tomorrow ....
    Bam ! Big number.

Everyone then goes, ‘wow They were so right so have done x’
    ‘What fine leaders we have’

While no one cares to notice the data published is two days old.

Looks like you're on the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hourglass :D

I’m in my 20s so yes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

stevek93 wrote: »
    Figures?

Elle Macpherson still has a good one for someone nearly 60.

Of the cases notified today:

29 are men and 27 are women
    79% are under 45 years of age
    35 are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
    12 cases have been identified as community transmission
    26 are in Kildare, 13 in Dublin and the rest of the 17 cases are in Donegal, Galway, Kerry, Laois, Longford, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Westmeath and Wicklow

Isn't that linked into contact tracing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Great that their are no deaths again.

We should be see the real results of sick people in the hospital in 3-4 weeks. A few weeks ago we had approx 16 a day. Now that's x10.

• Advertisement

so we *could* be looking at them announce 250.. or more tomorrow after the new updates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

20% are community transmission.

That’s 1 in 5 people have no idea how they got it.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    We should be see the real results of sick people in the hospital in 3-4 weeks. A few weeks ago we had approx 16 a day. Now that's x10.

There are ~19 ppl in hospital currently with covid...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Oranage2 wrote: »

Don’t think so. The demographic of people getting infected is different and many won’t require hospital treatment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Dave0301

20% are community transmission.

That’s 1 in 5 people have no idea how they got it.

Thank you for explaining percentages to us.

Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

35 are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
    26 are in Kildare, 13 in Dublin and the rest of the 17 cases are in Donegal, Galway, Kerry, Laois, Longford, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Westmeath and Wicklow
    Where are the 18 in the mushroom factory? They were known about yesterday evening but not in yesterday’s figures and not in today’s.

• Advertisement

Interestingly Tipp not mentioned there despite there being known new cases. For tomorrow so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

I'm not going to argue over a hospital you don't work in, you either believe me or you don't. You said I piss you off, which in and of itself should be ignore-worthy

I said the constant down playing is pissing me off, not you.

Are you attacking me here saying I am not working in a hospital? What are you saying?
    If so why should anybody believe your claim of coming from a family of hospital workers?
    I have never been rude to you, don't be rude to me.
    Yes, I don't like the way you are trying to use facts and figures freely available to bolster your, often overly positive opinion.
    This was not an issue for me when we had few cases in the last few months, but I am disappointed in the lack of realism lately.
    I support many sides of this debate, including your posts usually, but I disagree with your opinion today.
    We are both entitled to our opinions and, it is up to other posters here to decide which of us is speaking from a basis of fact, generally known and available on gov.ie, and which is speaking from experience, gained from over 40 years in the Irish health service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Oh ffs, Sharon Stone blames people who won't wear masks for her sister's Covid-19 diagnosis
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CD7mIoWpXcA/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

Begs the question what was her sister wearing...

Analysis of cases as of midnight Saturday 15th August - 27,257 cases (+66)

Healthcare Workers +6
    Clusters +10
    Cases associated with clusters +30

Age Range Affected
    0-4 +3
    5-14 +6
    15-24 +12
    25-34 +12
    35-44 +11
    45-54 +12
    55-64 +5
    65-74 +5
    75-84 No Change
    85+ No Change

Cases by County
    Clare +2
    Donegal +1
    Dublin +16
    Kildare +21
    Laois +3
    Limerick +6
    Louth +4
    Meath +2
    Monaghan +4
    Offaly +2
    Roscommon +1
    Sligo +1
    Tipperary +2
    Wicklow +1

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Thanks ACE... do they follow up with county breakdown numbers for that 17?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Nobody dying anymore which is great. I'd love to be able to see the hospitalizations and deaths data from 3 weeks time.

If there's no change, something is happening with this virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fantastic quote by Rob O'Hanrahan on Joe.ie.

https://www.joe.ie/politics/have-you-seen-these-people-701968
    He's just a thanks whore like yourself, looking for the popular angle.

That bar had everybody up in arms, that's why your politicians were straight in to condemn it.

Then you have this guy coming on to berate the politicians for giving out about it and not other stuff.

Thanks whoring all around.

Don't get me wrong politicians deserve to be castigated over this, both FG and the whole current government. I just don't see how thanks whoring is going to help anybody.

iguana wrote: »
    Where are the 18 in the mushroom factory? They were known about yesterday evening but not in yesterday’s figures and not in today’s.
    Being held back I'd say. From what I can tell the numbers being held back are primarily from clusters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Oh ffs, Sharon Stone blames people who won't wear masks for her sister's Covid-19 diagnosis
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CD7mIoWpXcA/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

Mask wearing is primarily for the protection of others, not the wearer.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    I said the constant down playing is pissing me off, not you.

Are you attacking me here saying I am not working in a hospital? What are you saying?
    If so why should anybody believe your claim of coming from a family of hospital workers?
    I have never been rude to you, don't be rude to me.
    Yes, I don't like the way you are trying to use facts and figures freely available to bolster your, often overly positive opinion.
    This was not an issue for me when we had few cases in the last few months, but I am disappointed in the lack of realism lately.
    I support many sides of this debate, including your posts usually, but I disagree with your opinion today.
    We are both entitled to our opinions and, it is up to other posters here to decide which of us is speaking from a basis of fact, generally known and available on gov.ie, and which is speaking from experience, gained from over 40 years in the Irish health service.
    I am entitled to my opinion, you disagree, okay, we move on.

Interestingly Tipp not mentioned there despite there being known new cases. For tomorrow so

What's with the number fudging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Do you not know how masks work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Thank you for explaining percentages to us.

Much appreciated.

Sorry Dave, didn’t know you graduated primary school. Fair play.

Well seen as though you are so advanced, what’s 12/56?

Is that not a big percentage? Is it a ‘good’ percentage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Being held back I'd say. From what I can tell the numbers being held back are primarily from clusters.

I don’t understand why they do that. It makes them seem untrustworthy because I know today’s figure is false, so what else is false?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,647 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Elle Macpherson still has a good one for someone nearly 60.

Halle Berry type 1 diabetic is stunning

• Advertisement

HeyV wrote: »
    We'll get that tomorrow

alroley wrote: »
    Do you not know how masks work?

Not very well by the looks of it.

HeyV wrote: »

Expect them on Wednesday

We only got Saturdays breakdown today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

eagle eye wrote: »

That bar had everybody up in arms, that's why your politicians were straight in to condemn it.

Then you have this guy coming on to berate the politicians for giving out about it and not other stuff.

Don't get me wrong politicians deserve to be castigated over this, both FG and the whole current government. I just don't see how thanks whoring is going to help anybody.

Can people please start 'Thanking' eagle eye's posts, poor little guy is feeling unloved.

Based on a Glynn comment the weekend before last I think it's to allow the contact tracing to be completed to see if more cases come out of it.

I don’t understand why they do that. It makes them seem untrustworthy because I know today’s figure is false, so what else is false?
    This has only started in the last few weeks, for a while daily positive tests = positive cases, not anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

They can manipulate the numbers in order to justify their actions. The vast majority of people are sheep and see no further than the headline so doing this suits them.

eagle eye wrote: »

Do ya wanna call me anything else or are ya finished?

Reporting of full clusters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

This craic of not releasing figures to match the positive tests is a bit baffling.

What's the goal there? If we have the data, surely the big wigs do.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in there sometimes, the case figures seem to be a spin mechanism for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement