Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 Part XXI-27,908 in ROI (1,777 deaths) 6,647 in NI (559 deaths)(22/08)Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,621 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

MattS1 wrote: »
    Why 300 tomorrow?!
    Boggles wrote: »
    There is 150 odd positive swabs missing, a rather large outbreak in Tipperary.

Testing and Swabbing (is that a word?) falls off a cliff at the weekend.

Add to that a real number increase in community transmission which leads to further clusters, etc, etc, etc.
    MattS1 wrote: »
    Guessed that...could be 3 million cases by midnight.

So you had no interest in a reasoned answer based on the actual reality of the situation and basic maths?

You just wanted to be E-hard?

Cool.

Look Mommy no hands!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Goldengirl wrote: »
    And I am quite aware too as I work in the HSE, in Dublin, where we were /and are pretty busy through this.
    I know you are not ignorant ACE, but this constant down playing of this rise in infection, is pissing me off.
    There is an ignore feature on the forum, you are welcome to use it on me.
    froog wrote: »
    why don't you actually listen to someone who knows what they're talking about for once?

jesus wept you kids today.
    That's another example of a fairly inaccurate statement. You can use the function but as you post so much you're going to be constantly quoted. You're inescapable!
    This post actually made me laugh. You are incredibly condescending.

Stop the personal remarks, there have been mod warnings about this already in this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

So what's the plan?

Leave pubs closed to attempt to keep numbers low to make sure the schools reopen? And then when the schools reopen, reopen the pubs of which they expect a rise in numbers.

And when the numbers get high maybe a moving average of 100 a day, NPHET close the schools down.

This is all nonsense. Delaying the inevitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

iguana wrote: »
    Because there were 18 cases confirmed in Golden, Tipperary yesterday that weren’t included in yesterday’s nor today’s figures. I had presumed they were verified too late yesterday so would be included in tonight’s figures but they still haven’t been added to our total.

Was just thinking about that conspiracy case aside, it was the military doing the testing there, wonder is there a delay in official handover of data.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Oranage2 wrote: »
    All makes sense now, expect travel restrictions tomorrow, we'll follow the UK and have quarantine rules followed by this story and about 200-300 cases that they've held back.

Sure we already have the same quarantine as the UK. A list of countries with 14 day self isolation and a passenger locator form

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2972fl3ggyc93azwygvswm5713o5b9r4f1ygz1lboe&rid=giphy.gif

Have you all forgotten the breathing exercises???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

They are employing ‘the mushroom strategy’ vis a vis the mushroom factory cluster.

Feed us **** and keep us in the dark.

Stheno wrote: »
    Anyone else wondering how any of our community transmission cases are people not being entirely honest about what they have been doing/where they have been?

T8DdfGljbZtR.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Anyone else wondering how any of our community transmission cases are people not being entirely honest about what they have been doing/where they have been?

I would say there is quite a bit of that. Every country on the continent is seeing surges.

As frustrating as it is, we should NOT lambast people for travelling. After all travel was permitted. This will only lead to people keeping quiet and not disclosing their symptoms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,979 ✭✭✭enricoh

Should I mention the hookers or will I blame touching the petrol pump with no gloves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Because there were 18 cases confirmed in Golden, Tipperary yesterday that weren’t included in yesterday’s nor today’s figures. I had presumed they were verified too late yesterday so would be included in tonight’s figures but they still haven’t been added to our total.

That is up to 29 cases now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

There is 150 odd positive swabs missing, a rather large outbreak in Tipperary.

Testing and Swabbing (is that a word?) falls off a cliff at the weekend.

Add to that a real number increase in community transmission which leads to further clusters, etc, etc, etc.

137 to be precise and I can imagine the Tipp cluster is include in that number. Every positive cases doesn't equals cases as people can be tested twice. Neither testing and swabbing fell off any cliff this weekend its increased on recent weekends.

Real community transmission? speculation on your part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

I am entitled to my opinion, you disagree, okay, we move on.

Yes I said that, move on.

So you had no interest in a reasoned answer based on the actual reality of the situation and basic maths?

You just wanted to be E-hard?

Cool.

Look Mommy no hands!!!!

Where are the other 150 coming from? As you said yourself referrals are down at the weekend, so the extras will only be tested tomorrow and filter into the data from Wednesday. 7 day average is at 80 and nothing suggests this is going to jump to 150. Golden cluster is making a large portion of the difference more than likely, and similar to the dog food outbreak, many of these will be reported together.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I would say there is quite a bit of that. Every country on the continent is seeing surges.

As frustrating as it is, we should NOT lambast people for travelling. After all travel was permitted. This will only lead to people keeping quiet and not disclosing their symptoms.

I wasn't even thinking of foreign travel tbh, just parties and meeting up in big groups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

How do people know they're holding back numbers? I'm not being contrary, just genuinely curious what other source people are getting higher numbers from. Thread can be hard to follow, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Isn't there usually a two day lag between the confirmation and the reporting? What you get told on Monday is a picture of what they knew on Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yes, I am fully erect here doing simple addition.
    Wasn't aimed so much at you, I think you're overreacting but at least you're coming from a somewhat logical place...

This ****e however....
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    All makes sense now, expect travel restrictions tomorrow, we'll follow the UK and have quarantine rules followed by this story and about 200-300 cases that they've held back.

Fear boner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

mloc123 wrote: »
    That is up to 29 cases now

The 29 is the first 11 plus the 18 confirmed yesterday.

Real community transmission? speculation on your part.

"Real Number Increase"

As in it was 20% a month ago when we reported 10 instances.

It is 20% now on 80 instances.

People like to fudge it by saying community transmission is stable or below the average.

Real Numbers

20% of 10 = 2
    20% of 80 = 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Would have thought the app would reduce the number of 'community transmission' cases? Or would the anonymity of it actually cause them to increase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

Are hospitals a cross Europe filling up with sick people again?

I see x2 tui vessels have been to Stockholm today
    MSc have granndiosa on a short cruise around Italy. That must make many people blood boil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

How do people know they're holding back numbers? I'm not being contrary, just genuinely curious what other source people are getting higher numbers from. Thread can be hard to follow, sorry.

It's a conspiracy theory that's become widely accepted in the thread. Along the lines of NPHET are massaging the numbers to suit themselves depending on what outcome they want. Apparently there's some reason why they want to do this. It's all part of some deliberate nefarious plan, because they are big meanies who hate us. As opposed to just being plan old quirks in how these things are reported.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ would you ever give over, please!

Jesus Christ! Would you ever contribute to the discussion rather than butting your fxxxin nose in when the grown ups are
    talking?
    That's what you sound like, always aggro and never anything to contribute.
    At least he contributes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

My understanding of it is that the HSE dashboard shows the number of positive tests in one day but these don't match the number of cases announced daily. They tend to lag behind for a few days before all being included together leading to a big number over 1 or 2 days. Looks like it's been happening for weeks but nobody in the media is questioning it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Time to close Tipperary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Tork

I wasn't even thinking of foreign travel tbh, just parties and meeting up in big groups

I have a feeling most of those cases are going to be from people who stayed here, rather than travelled. Ironically, the people who travelled probably were less likely to be exposed to Covid-19 unless they lost the run of themselves abroad. They're more likely to be from the house party, Tinder, hanging out in groups demographic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

"Real Number Increase"

As in it was 20% a month ago when we reported 10 instances.

It is 20% now on 80 instances.

People like to fudge it by saying community transmission is stable or below the average.

Real Numbers

20% of 10 = 2
    20% of 80 = 16.
    Philip Nolan is the one who says it's low as a source of cases. Most current cases are cluster related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

There is also a case in cahir meat factory that was not added and this will probably lead to more testing and cases
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40033649.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Any county by county figures

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

I never said that.
    Difference between " down playing" and " misleading".

Fair enough but as I wasn't replying to you I am at a loss as to why you are replying to me?

Holding back tipp I’d say until they figure will they need extra restrictions

I'd say Mattie has had some words to them about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

Half the people on this thread think there is some sort of gubbberment conspiracy going on. Wouldn’t be looking for info here tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Fantastic quote by Rob O'Hanrahan on Joe.ie.

https://www.joe.ie/politics/have-you-seen-these-people-701968
    Who is he to say this is isolated? I'm seeing routine guidelines being ignored wholesale in "restaurants" right across Dublin, at least after 10pm in whatever outside areas or beer gardens you can see from the street. Plenty of compliant ones too, don't get me wrong.

It's taken something ludicrous to bring attention to the fact that parties, in or out of "restaurants" are running rampant at the moment and people don't give nearly as much of a toss now compared to 2 months ago.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Tork wrote: »
    I have a feeling most of those cases are going to be from people who stayed here, rather than travelled. Ironically, the people who travelled probably were less likely to be exposed to Covid-19 unless they lost the run of themselves abroad. They're more likely to be from the house party, Tinder, hanging out in groups demographic.

Now you mention that I do know one group who recently managed to travel to four countries not on the green list for their two week holiday recently :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Any county by county figures

No full figures but we do know "
    26 in Kildare, 13 in Dublin and the rest of the 17 cases are in Donegal, Galway, Kerry, Laois, Longford, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Westmeath and Wicklow"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Ef-Q-98-NXg-AEa352.png

Any change you could explain the neuropsychology behind the linguistic programming; or offer corrections to the flawed mathematical models Prof. Nolan is using?

is_that_so wrote: »
    Philip Nolan is the one who says it's low as a source of cases. Most current cases are cluster related.

100% correct.

My post clearly backed that up. But in real terms the actual numbers have gone up.

There has been at least an 8 fold increase.

Also they are not retrospectively telling us which of the other 100 odd cases the other night turned out to be of sources unknown for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Half the people on this thread think there is some sort of gubbberment conspiracy going on. Wouldn’t be looking for info here tbh...

What are you on about?

259 postive swabs in last 48hrs. 122 cases announced

137 outstanding / unaccounted for in announced cases. Bit of a backlog there for whatever reason.

Its not conspiracy but for some reason not all new cases have been reported yet for the last 48hrs. There's no getting around that.

• Advertisement

Who is he to say this is isolated? I'm seeing routine guidelines being ignored wholesale in "restaurants" right across Dublin, at least after 10pm in whatever outside areas or beer gardens you can see from the street. Plenty of compliant ones too, don't get me wrong.

It's taken something ludicrous to bring attention to the fact that parties, in or out of "restaurants" are running rampant at the moment and people don't give nearly as much of a toss now compared to 2 months ago.

How many clusters associated with bars or restaurants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Obviously the strain is very weak now . Time to move on with our lives and get back to normal

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Wasn't aimed so much at you, I think you're overreacting but at least you're coming from a somewhat logical place...

Fair enough.

But I think the figures are definitely there or there about for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Jesus Christ! Would you ever contribute to the discussion rather than butting your fxxxin nose in when the grown ups are
    talking?
    That's what you sound like, always aggro and never anything to contribute.
    At least he contributes.

Everytime i log on i see a post from you ranting on about another poster because his/her opinion doesn’t agree with yours ffs. You hate any post that has any positivity in it because it “ pisses you off” Grow up.

Grown ups talking? You mean constantly attacking ACE, grown up talking alright.

How many clusters associated with bars or restaurants?

1 in Clare this week I think.

Linked to the Cratloe cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Everyone's so on edge in this thread. So much sniping going on. Pretty much a reflection of the outside world.

Don't think we will every be able to get ourselves in sustained good shape to adequately manage the virus with such divisions.

The outside world I am seeing is nothing like this thread.
    People in great form and getting on with it, going to games, drinking pints, going on holidays enjoying company etc.
    I really pity anyone whose reality bears any resemblance to this thread.

• Advertisement

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Everytime i log on i see a post from you ranting on about another poster because his/her opinion doesn’t agree with yours ffs. You hate any post that has any positivity in it. Grow up.

Untrue.
    I don't normally have any issue on this thread, unless..

Just you press the ignore button then, as I am for you.
    Please do not address me again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Just you press the ignore button then, as I am for you.
    Please do not address me again.

Thank you for the suggestion, done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Fair enough.

But I think the figures are definitely there or there about for tomorrow.

There's a guaranteed mushroom bump this week, but I don't think it'll top the 200 cluster...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is how I feel about our present governments actions in this pandemic. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Frankie19

What are you on about?

259 postive swabs in last 48hrs. 122 cases announced

137 outstanding / unaccounted for in announced cases. Bit of a backlog there for whatever reason.

Its not conspiracy but for some reason not all new cases have been reported yet for the last 48hrs. There's no getting around that.

The number of positve swabs vs the number of positive cases are not the same thing. The same person could be tested 7 days later and be positive again...not a new case .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement