Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fault Claim / Open Claim

Options
  • 10-08-2020 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I currently have an open claim on my insurance as I was in an accident with a cyclist (cyclist had right of way). This was about 3 months ago and no claim has been brought forward by the cyclist since. I know they have 2 years to claim but in the meantime Liberty has put it as an open claim on my account even though no claim has been made. I did not ask to open a claim, I just simply notified you of what happened.

My question is, when will you close this? Will it be the full 2 years? My no claims has been taken away from me and my premium has gone up to 2,500 euro.

If a claim was made then I have no issue at all paying the extra and loosing the no claims, but I feel its unfair that this has happened now on my renewal even though a claim has not been made?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 19 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kim

Hi,

Can you private message us with you policy number and contact details so we can take a look at this for you please?

Thanks
    Kim

Advertisement