Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide TV Show that was a One Season One Hit Wonder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Siberia
    John Doe

Not heard of these but they look pretty good.

Siberia ; not a million miles away from Harper's Island which was a popular choice in one of the earlier rounds, so if you liked that I recommend checking this out too.

Added to watchlist, thanks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Zaph wrote:
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - as you may have guessed from my avatar, I'm a big fan. One of my nominations, and far superior to the film that followed years later, even if some of the sets and special effects look like they'd been rejected by 1970s Dr. Who producers for being too cheap looking.

I'll lend my vote to Hitchhikers as I think this reasoning is very solid.

Ditto for LeVar with Siberia so I will vote for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Round 18 The Adventures of Brisco County Junior & Crashing
    Round 19 John Doe & The Prisoner 1967 honourable mention for love is the drug

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

R-19
    The Prisoner [1967] I thought there was way more than one series of this cult classic.
    The Time Tunnel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Round 18 votes:
    The Adventures of Brisco County Junior
    Space Above and Beyond

Round 19 votes:
    The Prisoner (1967)
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Hitchhikers' Guide
    The Time Tunnell

The Hitchhiker's Guide film was an abomination and let's never speak of it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Another for HHGTTG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Round 18:

Crashing
    Powerless

Two good underrated comedys

Round 19
    Hitchhikers Guide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

I'll throw a vote behind Powerless in Round 18. I haven't seen it but it is a show I plan on watching at some stage

• Advertisement

Jeezoh that's a tough round, some great shows there.
    Lonesome Dove - an epic western miniseries with a great cast.
    Chocky - an excellent and really creepy children's drama.

Nowhere man must get a quick mention too, I was raging when they dropped it.

The Event and Nowhere Man

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Outsourced ; fairly sure the only reason this one got cancelled was NBC wanted to make more space on their schedule for The Voice the following season, so they were cutting back on an hour of scripted comedy and hour of scripted drama to facilitate that, and as The Office, 30 Rock, Parks & Recreation, and Community were all in their prime which made up the entirety of the comedy block that was left, Outsourced simply got kicked to the curb despite having decent ratings and creatively had the potential to be up there with the aforementioned comedies.

Nowhere Man ; haven't seen it, but the plot intrigues me and Bruce Greenwood has been decent in anything else I've seen him in, so actor familiarity also factoring in here.

Round 20 votes:
    Lonesone Dove
    Nowhere Man

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Gonna go with Chocky because I really liked the book (big fan of the author, same guy more famous for Day of the Triffids) even though I never knew it was made into a show.

The only other one I saw was The Event but not voting for it as it was trying too hard to be Lost.

Why are so many people voting for shows they have not even seen or heard of, either vote for shows you have seen and genuinely liked or don't vote at all.

Going with The nowhere man and the highway man, both on my watchlist.

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Why are so many people voting for shows they have not even seen or heard of, either vote for shows you have seen and genuinely liked or don't vote at all.

If I were to follow this logic I would have lost interest in the contest and Im sure others would also. Im voting for what looks best and I think Liz is fine with this approach.

I do get what you're saying I just don't think it's practical for this theme, especially if it goes to head to head rounds later which I assume it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,242 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm just glad there is votes no matter the reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Plus it's only for a bit of fun, it's not like we're handing out Emmys or anything :)

Plus it's only for a bit of fun, it's not like we're handing out Emmys or anything :)

What would be fun is individual Boardsies awards :D

I must give wee a shout out to Barney Bunion.
    Imagine if Bored To Death was set in the Gaeltacht and everyone speaks Irish. :D

Holy Crap, I thought the last one was tough, lots of goodies in this round.
    I will go with
    Time Trumpet- very clever and funny show. It is a spoof of those celebs remembering a certain decade clips shows, but set in the future so you have OAP celebs like Ant and Dec looking back at the present day.

Armando Iannuci Shows- I love his sense of humour, always have. He was actually part of Time Trumpet as well.

Some other great comedys here, Dr Terrible- pardodies of old Hammer Horror Films, Squeamish About... with Matt Berry, Grass - Very funny sitcom with Simon Day from the Fast Show, Catterick - sitcom with Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer.

Round 21 vote:
    North and South
    Invasion

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Haven't seen any from Round 21, but based on synopsis going with...

The Passage ; sounds interesting and also has Zack Morris

Invasion ; decent cast and ominous synopsis has piqued my interest

Invasion - on my watchlist.

Invasion, haven't seen or don't remember the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Notmything

rd 21 the passage
    invasion

Advertisement