Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide TV Show that was a One Season One Hit Wonder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,235 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

American Gothic: An excellent dark drama.

Journeyman: Stars Tommy from Trainspotting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

The Finder! I forgot all about that show! It was great.

Haven't seen any of the rest of them although Selfie and The Grinder are definitely going on my list of things to watch.

I haven’t seen any of these so I’ll cast one more vote for Tiger King :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The Grinder ; this was the first show that sprang to mind for me when making nominations. Pure quality from beginning to end - Rob Lowe and Fred Savage as brothers is everything you never knew you wanted from a comedy. Regardless of how well it does in the comp, its definitely worth checking out. Watch a few episodes in the next 24 hours and give it a vote sure.

Selfie ; only started watching this when Liz mentioned she was thinking of running this tournament, as I had heard good things about it. Very simple premise, but thoroughly enjoyable series none-the-less

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I haven’t seen any of these so I’ll cast one more vote for Tiger King :D

Mod: banned!

I only know one of that grouping so voting for Journeyman. And yes, for Tommy. I becamse obsessed with anyone and everyone in the TV seriers Rome (didn't quite qualfy for this comp as it was two seasons) so I watched this just for him and really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

The only one of those I've seen is Selfie, but I didn't particularly like it so I can't bring myself to vote for it

Any time you want to start posting shows I've seen and like, that would be great :p

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've only ever heard of American Gothic from that lot, but I haven't seen it so I'll pass on this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Not watched any of these. American gothic and journeyman (which I had forgoten is on my imdb watchlist) sound the most appealing to me so will place a vote for them. There will be a lot of shows in this game that Ive not watched so to stay involved Im going to be voting for what looks better instead of passing all the time.

Vote: American gothic and Journeyman.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Daybreak (2019)

Sticking with my nom. Saddened it only got one season.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

American Gothic.
    Journeyman.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Zaph wrote: »
    I've only ever heard of American Gothic from that lot, but I haven't seen it so I'll pass on this round.
    If you like X-Files, Twin Peaks, Stranger Things, shows like that you would like it. Quite a dark horror/drama.
    Gary Cole is excellent as Sheriff Lucas buck, a great baddie.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I only know one of that grouping so voting for Journeyman. And yes, for Tommy. I becamse obsessed with anyone and everyone in the TV seriers Rome (didn't quite qualfy for this comp as it was two seasons) so I watched this just for him and really liked it.

Tommy missed out rapid. When they were doing the photoshoot for the iconic Trainspotting poster he was sick or hungover or something and couldn't make it.
    Everyone on the poster got a good career boost in the 90s but he always seemed to lag behind.
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51JVQ3lkIWL._AC_.jpg

I dunno, I think he's done well for himself. He's had a few decent TV shows and films. Maybe not to the level of McGreggor or Carlyse, but at least as good as Miller and a lot better than Bremner.

That's the men. I'd put McDonald a little below the first two and a little higher than Miller and McKidd.

Kevin McKidd has been a regular on Grey's Anatomy for a good few years, also directs episodes

Anyone remember him on Father Ted :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kevin McKidd has been a regular on Grey's Anatomy for a good few years, also directs episodes

Yeah, he was in Ireland's biggest lingirie section, I believe. :D

Yeah, he was in Ireland's biggest lingirie section, I believe. :D

Which nobody in the Trainspotting poster can claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He's done pretty well for himself considering his mediocre acting capability.
    Even in Grey's he stands out as not v good while surrounded by some questionable talent.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The Grinder because the waitress from Always Sunny is in it

The Ringer because Buffy

Is it obvious I've never seen or heard of any of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

My So Called Life.
    Studio 60.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
    The Black Donnellys

The Black Donnellys ; quality cast, quality show, taken from us too soon (which is true for all the shows in the mix to be fair, but this one especially had so so much potential.

Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip ; Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford in their best roles outside of Friends and The West Wing... 'nuff said

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't know any of these :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Yes now, that's more like it. I'll throw a vote in for:

Constantine - Retroactively added to the Arrowverse, I watched this mainly because he's my favourite character on Legends of Tomorrow. I was thinking of nominating it for that very reason, but honestly, as a series, it's only okay. Like Supernatural without the fun. But still happy to vote for it

That's the only one I've seen, so just the one vote from me, though I am tempted to show some love for Team Knight Rider. I bloody loved the OG and most recent reboot of KR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Studio 60 and Alcatraz - both my nominations!
    Studio 60 absolutely deserved more seasons. Bradley Whitford and Matthew Perry were just fantastic. And Aaron Sorkin writing? Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I'll vote for the only 2 Im remotely familar with, my so called life and constantine please.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    I don't know any of these :pac:

Like can you even say you watch television if you don't know any of those?

giphy.gif

*I'm aware having nominated 51 shows for this tournament, I am the one who is the loser, but whatever, it's just a bit of banter... ;)

Advertisement