Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a Celebrity 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Ugh Shane faking the nerves but he's only delighted to have been picked. Hope he does terribly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

He’ll be slapping the guyliner on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,625 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Shane get less stars 3 or 4 only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

Shane Bitchie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fish guts for him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Just get Shane to empty the dunny - that'll shut him up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

It's all falling into place now. :)

They must have got quail eggs with the quails the other day. I mean to make scotch eggs the size of the eggs they are made with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I hope Shane has to swim through fish guts and dunk his head in them . He is such a bitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭prunudo

Or maybe the irony is that he knows how to play the game and set it up lovely for people to think he's bitching when he really wanted to wind the public up enough to vote for him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 273 ✭✭Hqrry113

Does anyone else think this years I'm a celeb is terrible?

The characters are bland and have no personality, a few days in on Saturday it must have been so boring they decided to do flashbacks instead of showing what went on that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

prunudo wrote: »
    Or maybe the irony is that he knows how to play the game and set it up lovely for people to think he's bitching when he really wanted to wind the public up enough to vote for him.

Excellent point !
    Him and Vernon chatting , saying have Jordan and Jess never watched the show , could mean they both have a game plan , knowing what will make the public vote for them .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hqrry113 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think this years I'm a celeb is terrible?

The characters are bland and have no personality, a few days in on Saturday it must have been so boring they decided to do flashbacks instead of showing what went on that day.

Maybe it's the covid lockdown. But I have to admit that I'm really enjoying this years show. Think most of the contestants are actually interesting as well.

prunudo wrote: »

I wonder what Jordan will do next so he will be picked, up his game

AJ again in 2 for a trial, he must be popular, Vernon never in for a trial

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Not one argument of any note so far. Trials are too easy so they are all on plenty of calories and not hungry and narky. Makes for terrible viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

paddythere wrote: »
    Not one argument of any note so far. Trials are too easy so they are all on plenty of calories and not hungry and narky. Makes for terrible viewing.

It's like they're being treated with kid gloves because of Covid.
    It's a totally different show leaving aside the location.

To thine own self be true

It's like they're being treated with kid gloves because of Covid.
    It's a totally different show leaving aside the location.

Its feels like a weak BB series more than IAC, as too luxurious in the Welsh castle

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Its feels like a weak BB series more than IAC, as too luxurious in the Welsh castle

Yes, spot on. The trials in Australia are stomach churning with heights, enclosed spaces etc.
    These are like scout activities.
    I'd manage them all and that says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

I thought the poking round in the dark one this evening was challenging - AJ squeaking Jess's name over and over was funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think the conversation between Shane and Vernon exposed AJ to be a snake more than it did Shane. When did AJ say that to him and why would he say that? If he did at all.. He was the one screaming like a little bitch.
    I’m not Shane’s biggest fan and agree that his mask is slipping but I do kind of agree with the point he made, why do they go on if they are all so terrified. I think he’s so keen to be seen as the lovable rogue happy chappy geezer but there’s a prickish side to him too. I think he’s one of those people who can turn quite easily when things aren’t going their way.
    And he married Cigarette Nolan so he’s a twat

I think the conversation between Shane and Vernon exposed AJ to be a snake more than it did Shane. When did AJ say that to him and why would he say that? If he did at all.. He was the one screaming like a little bitch.
    I’m not Shane’s biggest fan and agree that his mask is slipping but I do kind of agree with the point he made, why do they go on if they are all so terrified. I think he’s so keen to be seen as the lovable rogue happy chappy geezer but there’s a prickish side to him too. I think he’s one of those people who can turn quite easily when things aren’t going their way.

I love the way you always get the nasty digs in at the end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

You miss the bits where they have to trek to another location for a task. No more chats over the bridge. For me, it's not holding my attention. It's always night time and everyone is just tired for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Vernon said AJ said that Jess was petrified. Funny that because it was most definitely AJ screaming hysterically JESS JESS JESS!!!

Good pick up on AJ bitching to Vernon which we did not see

Jess was clearly blaming herself and was vocal she was bad only getting 1 star

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

We don't know what context it was said by AJ though. Shane could've been bitching about jess only having one star and AJ defended her saying "she was absolutely petrified and still got a star so shut up".... or any million of other ways that don't involve bitching at all. Its only how Shane relays it that we've seen.

So in conclusion, leave AJ alone you chicken livered.....!

(Nah I do get your point)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

bubblypop wrote: »
    Did Bev the vegan just eat a scotch egg????????

She as mush of a vegan as Pam from Gavin and Stacey was a vegetarian.

Shane Bitchie also made a comment that Jess and Jordan were cut from the same cloth and why come on the show.

Didn't Jordan win them all those stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Vernon said AJ said that Jess was petrified. Funny that because it was most definitely AJ screaming hysterically JESS JESS JESS!!!

Because she was stood there not moving! She was worse than useless in the trial took her 5 or 6 minutes to get out of the first room then spent most of the rest of the trial holding his foot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

RoryMac wrote: »
    Because she was stood there not moving! She was worse than useless in the trial took her 5 or 6 minutes to get out of the first room then spent most of the rest of the trial holding his foot

At the beginning of the trial when he was right behind Jess and insects started falling on him AJ was screaming Jess Jess Jess. He was terrified and sounded like Minnie Mouse on helium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I'm watching on catch up and agree the thread is way more entertaining than the show.
    My observations so far are Giovanni is a sweetheart with such a kind face. She's the kind of person who would sooth you back to sleep after a nightmare. I'd say she has a tough side too though. Me likey.

Bev is very likeable and entertaining. If the camp was full of Mo's I wouldn't continue watching.

Vernon is a twat but he may provide some well needed drama so I'm glad he's there.

Jordan is too nice and it's boring. I'm disappointed because I liked him more before watching the show based on his podcast and radio work. He's boring.

I never watched Eastenders but I've learned Shane Bitches character was considered a 'heartthrob'. Jaysus..to who?! And he married Colleen Nolan...shudder. Good to have him there for potential drama too.

Victoria is a nice woman and I like her but meh! Bit boring and a crowd pleaser too. I think she might be a bit fake.

Jess and AJ are lovely but ultimately boring. We want bitchy not sweet.

That Ruth one is a snake...highly unlikable and Russell might as well not be there, same goes for Mo and the Paralympic girl.

That's my 2 cents! I always enjoy the thread way more than the show itself and although I'm watching on catch up, I still read the thread each evening:)

If you look at Ant and Decs Instagram, the posts from viewers has nothing but praise for this series but there's a lot of complaints about the Saturday show alright.
    I'm here trying to conjure up images of the Cyclone challenge.
    Will it be the celebrities running up a children's playground slide drenched with washing up liquid while Ant and Dec throw ping pong balls down on top of them? :D

• Advertisement

neonsofa wrote: »
    We don't know what context it was said by AJ though. Shane could've been bitching about jess only having one star and AJ defended her saying "she was absolutely petrified and still got a star so shut up".... or any million of other ways that don't involve bitching at all. Its only how Shane relays it that we've seen.

So in conclusion, leave AJ alone you chicken livered.....!

(Nah I do get your point)

I got the impression it was AJ saying it to Vernon not to Shane directly

Shane was narky as he thought Jordan and Jess were the ones he thought would get picked again for the next trial

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I got the impression it was AJ saying it to Vernon not to Shane directly

Shane was narky as he thought Jordan and Jess were the ones he thought would get picked again for the next trial

Oh well whoever it was he said it to, we don't know the context in which it was said, only how it was relayed. Shane is a weasel either way though and I hope he wins zero stars today!

Shane and vernon remind me of James the rugby player from a previous series. Pretending to be a nice guy but really just a controlling and judgemental dick

Anyone see the clips Toff showed on This morning, AJ and Shane had a bit of a tiff, as Shane left the dishes overnight to soak as he said it would be easier to wash. AJ then said the pot he left them in was for the hot water. Shane didn’t look too happy :D

neonsofa wrote: »
    Oh well whoever it was he said it to, we don't know the context in which it was said, only how it was relayed. Shane is a weasel either way though and I hope he wins zero stars today!

Shane and vernon remind me of James the rugby player from a previous series. Pretending to be a nice guy but really just a controlling and judgemental dick

Jesus I hated that James guy. He made my skin crawl

Jesus I hated that James guy. He made my skin crawl

Same, he was awful

Are we ready :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Anyone see the clips Toff showed on This morning, AJ and Shane had a bit of a tiff, as Shane left the dishes overnight to soak as he said it would be easier to wash. AJ then said the pot he left them in was for the hot water. Shane didn’t look too happy :D

Did we see that last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭appledrop

Bev is hilarious.

She is definitely my favourite.

I’m finding pants and feck very annoying this series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Haven't watched since Thursday night gonna give it another chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭appledrop

Wtf is this one crying over?

Drama Queen.

Hmmm Ruthies tears

Autosport wrote: »
    Are we ready :D

CBE IBM OBE CIE VIP JP Liz V1 anseo, hoping for some drama and fights and zero stars for Shane

LizBev is becoming my fav, even though she is not a wuss and is slow, she says some funny things and she is so not hair goals for anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The only way this show can be saved is if they drop in Rhian Sugden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭prunudo

The rest of the day must have been fierce dull if this is what made the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

False laugh Jordan. It wasnt that funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Ahh that was emotional....

Now get on with some fighting. :)

Is he in emmerdale?

Yep was watching there thinking, Vernon would almost pass for being genuine, but I can’t get the knowledge that he cheated on the beautiful Tess Daly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

We need bitchy Rebecca Vardy or someone in there

Advertisement