Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obsessed Mod Ban

Options
  • 10-08-2020 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hello,

If I put a heavily obsessed moderator on to my ignore list, does this mean they will not be able to see my posts and I will perhaps be left alone?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Putting anybody on your ignore list only ensures that you don't see their posts. it doesn't affect what the other person sees.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I would not recommend putting any mod from a forum you post in on ignore. You may not see mod warnings and that will not be any "defence" if challenging any sanction relating to such a warning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Beasty wrote: »
    I would not recommend putting any mod from a forum you post in on ignore. You may not see mod warnings and that will not be any "defence" if challenging any sanction relating to such a warning

Sounds like a fait accompli there beasty by that comment, think about that, if you even can begin to understand what I mean.

As an aside, it’s quite obvious from that pathetic response that unless you are in favour with a mod, or as I am unfavored, you are pretty much screwed.

I hate to break it to you but you weren’t the mod I was on about. I’ll add you to that ignore list too now that I’ve been reminded of your jobsworth unpleasantness.

What I can’t even reply?

Posts need to be approved before they are visible to others.

That aside, drop the snarky replies. Beasty's point is valid - feel free to put whoever you want on ignore, but putting mods on ignore runs the risk of not seeing a mod instruction or warning, and the responsibility for any mod actions you incur from not seeing the mod instruction or warning (because you have them on ignore) lies with you, not them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Maybe add a feature so that a mod instruction gets posted at a higher level so that it is always visible, recommending not to add a mod to ignore is just ridiculous, an ass is an ass at the end of the day.

mike_ie wrote: »
    Posts need to be approved before they are visible to others.

That aside, drop the snarky replies. Beasty's point is valid - feel free to put whoever you want on ignore, but putting mods on ignore runs the risk of not seeing a mod instruction or warning, and the responsibility for any mod actions you incur from not seeing the mod instruction or warning (because you have them on ignore) lies with you, not them.

my infractions are personal. they come from the same mods. I dislike them, i do not value their opinion or thoughts on anything, they offend me and they use this platform to exercise a sad power trip at times.

Disagreement happens in life, people disagree. this should not be personal...but it is.

Can you check out my last infraction? I was personally abused by a poster and when I responded I was a ban and the poster that I responded to was not. The posts were conveniently deleted by the mod....who has pretty much guaranteed me he will permanently ban me the next time I post where he is not happy.

"MODERATION"....look it up.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Maybe add a feature so that a mod instruction gets posted at a higher level so that it is always visible, recommending not to add a mod to ignore is just ridiculous, an ass is an ass at the end of the day.

You make a very good point here. A mod should not be ignored, because they are a mod?

Can I ask the mods here, are they totally immune to any kind of reproach? Judging by both Beasty and Mike they are. We cannot ignore the commentary of a Mod who someone might find offensive???

Could you please clarify this as it is probably worthwhile of further debate other than this forum.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can I ask the mods here, are they totally immune to any kind of reproach? Judging by both Beasty and Mike they are. We cannot ignore the commentary of a Mod who someone might find offensive???
    No-one is beyond reproach. There have been number of cases of mods being removed or stepped back because of the way they have approached moderating, or indeed because of issues they may have caused outside their own forums

Formal mod sanctions are subject to the Dispute Resolution Process. Informal ones or wider complaints can be challenged here in Help Desk (although approaching a mod via PM to try and resolve it directly is the first step in every dispute)

my infractions are personal. they come from the same mods. I dislike them, i do not value their opinion or thoughts on anything, they offend me and they use this platform to exercise a sad power trip at times.

Okay.

I took a look at your infraction history, genuinely from the point of view of checking if there was any merit to what you say.

Your thread title of "Obsessed Mod Ban" or claiming that your infractions come from the same mods is disingenuous to say the least. Without going into details, you have had interactions with no less than ten different moderators on the site, and have built up a record that probably should have earned you a probation by now. There is a common denominator here, and it isn't a singular obsessed mod out to ruin your day.

Beasty has already answered your question as to whether mods are beyond reproach (they aren't, and a glance through DRP would have told you that). As to your original query about ignoring mods - by all means, do so if you wish, but I'd strongly recommend that you consider how you interact with everybody else, rather than working off the assumption that the problem is how everybody else interacts with you.

Thread closed, as it was started on a false premise, and any questions have been answered IMO.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement