Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,552 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »
    Thread about FG, FG fellas be like.......

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

You love to just confine the thread to just FG issues dude.

You expect people to accept criticism from folk who have a lot more questions to answer and lie back and accept it.

Even you wouldn’t be that naive Randal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Thread about FG, FG fellas be like.......

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

SF

Shouldn’t matter to you as a SD voter, dude.

Storey’s funeral showed a contempt for public health advice around large gatherings. Bus loads of fat scumbags bussed in from around the country to form a guard of honour. Selfies at the graveside. Families not able to mourn because SF wanted to put on a show of ‘we haven’t gone away you know’.

SF would have had a great opportunity to put in a few fatal blows (of the political and not the physical sort of course) on this Government, but now they can’t.

Which is funny in fairness. I’d say some of their online army are hopping mad as a result. As a FG supporter I couldn’t care less if this government fell in the morning.

Haha as I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭satguy

Can we have our snap election this year please ?

Anytime before christmas would be great, it will give the kids a day off school..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Storey’s funeral showed a contempt for public health advice around large gatherings. Bus loads of fat scumbags bussed in from around the country to form a guard of honour. Selfies at the graveside. Families not able to mourn because SF wanted to put on a show of ‘we haven’t gone away you know’.

SF would have had a great opportunity to put in a few fatal blows (of the political and not the physical sort of course) on this Government, but now they can’t.

Which is funny in fairness. I’d say some of their online army are hopping mad as a result. As a FG supporter I couldn’t care less if this government fell in the morning.

So in actual fact, you admit no lockdown restrictions were broken (this is progress), just some scant regard shown in some cases for social distancing, the same as Garda Horkans funeral?

Haha as I said.

This is all I can visualise right now.

latest?cb=20110623042517

You sound angry dude, it's oozing from your posts.

Now what?

Haha as I said.

Correct Flash, these lads just want to use the paid for platform to spill their bile on the electorate.

They, I suppose, in perhaps the ways of their former fellow travelers, just dispense ‘justice’ in a summary fashion without right of reply .

Strange then that these seem so against the CC C .

Didn’t work then... won’t work now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Lockdown travel restrictions for travel was lifted on June 29tn dude.

Storey's funeral was June 30th.

You understand how the dates on a calender work I assume, and that 29 is before 30, therefore the funeral took place after lockdown was lifted?

Keep stating these lies.

https://www.thejournal.ie/bobby-storey-funeral-council-apology-eight-families-5142577-Jul2020/

"Guidelines sent by Belfast City Council to all funeral directors in the North on Monday night said that no family should be allowed to bring 30 people to a cremation until 1 July.

However, it emerged that an exception was made for Storey’s family."

"Under Stormont regulations and guidance still displayed on official websites last week, friends of the deceased should only attend the funeral if none of the bereaved family members are attending."

The restrictions on funerals in the North were still in place at the time of the Storey funeral, so less of the disingenuous defence of the indefensible, by picking out a different restriction to say it was lifted.

So no lockdown restrictions were broken, just some scant regard shown in some cases for social distancing, the same as Garda Horkans funeral?

This is all I can visualise right now.

latest?cb=20110623042517

You sound angry dude, it's oozing from your posts.

Now what?

Not angry at all, dude. Not an emotion I suffer from, thankfully. All I’m saying is SF have missed a gold plated opportunity to put a bullet into the skull of this government (metaphorically speaking of course), but they can’t do so as they had their little white shirt march up in Belfast. Thousands of their knuckle-dragging supporters breaking social distancing rules so they could celebrate the death of a sociopath.

Btw, were you the lad talking about visiting 3 Aldi’s during the height of lockdown to buy some cheap garden furniture? You should maybe sign up to the ‘all in this together’ stuff yourself.

Just saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 69,159 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Not angry at all, dude. Not an emotion I suffer from, thankfully. All I’m saying is SF have missed a gold plated opportunity to put a bullet into the skull of this government (metaphorically speaking of course), but they can’t do so as they had their little white shirt march up in Belfast. Thousands of their knuckle-dragging supporters breaking social distancing rules so they could celebrate the death of a sociopath.

Btw, were you the lad talking about visiting 3 Aldi’s during the height of lockdown to buy some cheap garden furniture? You should maybe sign up to the ‘all in this together’ stuff yourself.

Just saying...

SF need to do feck all. By the looks of the first few months this government is well able to finish itself off

blanch152 wrote: »
    Keep stating these lies.

https://www.thejournal.ie/bobby-storey-funeral-council-apology-eight-families-5142577-Jul2020/

"Guidelines sent by Belfast City Council to all funeral directors in the North on Monday night said that no family should be allowed to bring 30 people to a cremation until 1 July.

"Under Stormont regulations and guidance still displayed on official websites last week, friends of the deceased should only attend the funeral if none of the bereaved family members are attending."

The restrictions on funerals in the North were still in place at the time of the Storey funeral, so less of the disingenuous defence of the indefensible, by picking out a different restriction to say it was lifted.

I don't know what point you think you just made blanch, but it fell flat on its hole.

So, lockdown was lifted on June 29, Storey's funeral was June 30th, and regardless
    Blanch wrote:

This must be an extremely difficult time for you right now, I get that. But try putting some thoughts into what you're posting.

Just saying...

Yeah, that was me, but it wasn't garden furniture, it was (from memory) garden pebbles because my garden centres in my area were closed at the tiime. However I've also stated multiple times on this site that I'm a frontline worker, so too is my wife and was, and still am exempt from all or any travel restrictions because of the nature of the work I do, and visited them as.they where on route to work I was carrying out.

Edit here we are

I actually posted it to save anyone making any unnecessary journeys dude and stated so 4 months ago when I posted it.

Some barrel being scraped here, but big failure though I'm afraid, dude.

Now what?

• Advertisement

SF need to do feck all. By the looks of the first few months this government is well able to finish itself off

As a FG supporter I couldn’t give a toss if that happened. We might end up with that SF led coalition of the left by Christmas yet.

As a FG supporter I couldn’t give a toss if that happened

Oh no...yiz are not going smiling to the opposition benches to be the bestest ever opposition ever again...are yiz?

Oh no...yiz are not going smiling to the opposition benches to be the bestest ever opposition ever again...are yiz?

I thought you’d like that, dude. As a former disillusioned FG voter and all......:........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

As a FG supporter I couldn’t give a toss if that happened. We might end up with that SF led coalition of the left by Christmas yet.

One part of me would like SF to be in power, if only to show that their Budgetary plans are not balanced, and that they plan massive increases in exp without tax increases.

In power, they would have to be honest with the population, that Nordic public services mean Nordic levels of taxes, which would mean large tax increase on low and middle earners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Haha as I said.

You see dude, imagine how tiresome it is for the average punter. FF/FG make a balls of things, it's raised, and all the blue shirted brethren can manage is something something shinners.
    Did Horkan's funeral show the same contempt? Does either funeral cancel out the golf piss up? Would you expect the floating voter to be satisfied with whataboutery?
    FF/FG are in full meltdown. You can see it from all the 'but the shinners' posts :)
    Smacks of desperation dude.
    I couldn't careless if SF disbanded tomorrow, but as it stands they are our best chance at getting rid of the FF/FG entitlement class.

I thought you’d like that, dude. As a former disillusioned FG voter and all......:........

Yes disillusioned. The reasons I rhink the power swap have been toxic for this country beautifully underlined by the Cliften 81.

Bowie wrote: »
    You see dude, imagine how tiresome it is for the average punter. FF/FG make a balls of things, it's raised, and all the blue shifted brethren can manage is something something shinners.
    Did Horkan's funeral show the same contempt? Does either funeral cancel out the golf piss up? Would you expect the floating voter to be satisfied with whataboutery?
    FF/FG are in full meltdown. You can see it from all the 'but the shinners' posts :)
    Snacks of desperation dude.
    I couldn't careless if SF disbanded tomorrow, but as it stands they are our best chance at getting rid of the FF/FG entitlement class.

You’ll never be happy with any sort of politics, politicians, or the establishment. You’re like that Gene Kerrigan dude on the back of the Sindo. Unrelenting negativity from one end of the decade to the other. All the problems and none of the answers. Easiest thing in the world to do.

County hurling is proper stuff though, dude. The idea you think SF would do any better it laughable. They are politically incompetent. A party of simple populism and vague left wing sloganeering that appeals to people who aren’t the sharpest knives in the block.

Fisher Price Politics.

Yes disillusioned. The reasons I rhink the power swap have been toxic for this country beautifully underlined by the Cliften 81.

Yet you spent about 16 hours a day for weeks on here trying to minimise the Storey funeral. That’s known as hypocrisy, dude. It’s not an attractive trait in online mud slinging.

As I said, I couldn’t give a toss if the Government fell this evening. I’m not trying to justify or make excuses for what went on in Clifden while taking shots at SF.

Being an online army member must be extremely tiring. Exhausting.

Yet you spent about 16 hours a day for weeks on here trying to minimise the Storey funeral. That’s known as hypocrisy, dude. It’s not an attractive trait in online mud slinging.

As I said, I couldn’t give a toss if the Government fell this evening. I’m not trying to justify or make excuses for what went on in Clifden while taking shots at SF.

Being an online army member must be extremely tiring. Exhausting.

I criticised SF for that funeral Johnny from the get go and still do.

I criticised SF for that funeral Johnny from the get go and still do.

Should Mary Lou have resigned for breaching restrictions on gatherings on multiple occasions??

Like if you’re calling for it for a gathering of 80 then surely you should be calling for it for a gathering of thousands? Especially as she was the leader (well the figurehead at least) of a party who bussed in thousands of pond dwellers from around Ireland to attend the funeral.

As I said; this could have been a golden opportunity for SF to massacre this government (metaphorically speaking), but now they can’t say anything. And that’s sticking in the craw of some of their more dedicated online army members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭satguy

Dara Calleary barely made it over the line in the last GE ..

Fianna Fáil deputy leader Dara Calleary surpassed the quota on the final count, taking a total of 13,636 votes. His colleague and Fianna Fáil’s Brexit Spokesperson Lisa Chambers, with 8,911 votes, lost her seat.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/mayo-results-fg-s-michael-ring-sf-s-conway-walsh-elected-on-first-count-1.4165505

If we do end up having a snap election, I think we will not see Calleary in politics again, he's finished. Just a pity that the pension is so good.
    I'm sure others will be looking at what count they passed the line on, for some of the FG guys, it was count 8 or higher.

So,, yes please,, bring on the snap election this year.

Should Mary Lou have resigned for breaching restrictions on gatherings on multiple occasions??

Like if you’re calling for it for a gathering of 80 then surely you should be calling for it for a gathering of thousands? Especially as she was the leader (well the figurehead at least) of a party who bussed in thousands of pond dwellers from around Ireland to attend the funeral.

As I said; this could have been a golden opportunity for SF to massacre this government (metaphorically speaking), but now they can’t say anything. And that’s sticking in the craw of some of their more dedicated online army members.

Mary Lou didn't break any regs as McMurphy pointed out to blanch.

It was a case of them getting the mood wrong and they needed to sincerely apologise for the offence caused.
    If the PSNI find there were regs broken then those who did need to consider their position.

It was a case of them getting the mood wrong and they needed to sincerely apologise for the offence caused.
    If the PSNI find there were regs broken then those who did need to consider their position.

Seems to this poster it was either a case of have major mayhem or allow the ‘event’ to go ahead and no damage done.

Just my opinion.

What was with the gun toting stuff after the ‘internment’?

What was that all about, do all funerals have that part of the obsequies??

Very strange indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Ah so, SF didnt do anything wrong per say, it was that they misjudged the mood.
    Right so.... even though the rules defined in NI for funerals were clearly and utterly broken....

Spin away.

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah so, SF didnt do anything wrong per say, it was that they misjudged the mood.
    Right so.... even though the rules defined in NI for funerals were clearly and utterly broken....

Spin away.

Except they weren't, see here
    blanch152 wrote: »
    Keep stating these lies.

Does an exception not mean what I think it means, or is blanch "spinning":confused:

Seems to this poster it was either a case of have major mayhem or allow the ‘event’ to go ahead and no damage done.

Just my opinion.

What was with the gun toting stuff after the ‘internment’?

What was that all about, do all funerals have that part of the obsequies??

Very strange indeed...

Member's of a party playing silly buggers for a camera? Was it at the funeral or are you stretching again Brendi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

christy c wrote: »
    No, that's Denis O'Brien under the blanket.

Nah he was up in Hogans room with a bottle of rum and a gallon of Castrol GTX

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Any sign of Varadkar or has he gone into hiding. He is the leader of a party who drove a coach and horses through six months of public health policy and yet he has been invisible in the media today, instead trying to hide behind a tweet. Thats not leadership, it cowardice. You would think that after he led Fine Gael to their second worst ever election result he would at least try to up his leadership game but its seems not, he is back in hiding again.

People are fuming at FFG and rightly so. Millions of people took these restrictions seriously yet our betters in FFG think they are above them. The government have zero credibility on asking people to restrict their movements and already you can see on the Kildare thread people openly saying they are done with the lockdown because of what FFG done. If the cases keep going up and up now it is pretty obvious which parties are to blame, they've lost the trust of the public now and its all their own doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Any sign of Varadkar or has he gone into hiding. He is the leader of a party who drove a coach and horses through six months of public health policy and yet he has been invisible in the media today, instead trying to hide behind a tweet. Thats not leadership, it cowardice. You would think that after he led Fine Gael to their second worst ever election result he would at least try to up his leadership game but its seems not, he is back in hiding again.

People are fuming at FFG and rightly so. Millions of people took these restrictions seriously yet our betters in FFG think they are above them. The government have zero credibility on asking people to restrict their movements and already you can see on the Kildare thread people openly saying they are done with the lockdown because of what FFG done. If the cases keep going up and up now it is pretty obvious which parties are to blame, they've lost the trust of the public now and its all their own doing.

Half expecting photographs to surface of him off his face at a rave somewhere,

• Advertisement

Member's of a party playing silly buggers for a camera? Was it at the funeral or are you stretching again Brendi?

Were they up from Dublin Francie.

Advertisement