Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

So someone besmirching the shamrock, an emblem of our country, by comparing it to salad is upsetting to you, but people using our flag or being Republican in our republic are to be ridiculed? Seems hypocritical and like your nationalistic tendencies are opportunistic rather than genuine.
    You spelled 'Tricolour' wrong by the way. You wouldn't have done that for a cheap dig would you?

‘Wrongly’ ...adverb.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I have good odds that the accounts responding to this tweet with "some of the replies are deadly" are the exact same people mentioned yesterday when it was said "literally hundreds of accounts taking the piss out of him"
    All dummy accounts, a lot of Irish flags in photo with description of "Republican" and the odd "trycolour" mixed in :p

Well back it up...go through the accounts and see how many are 'dummy'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

I wouldn’t worry Crazy, I reckon myself, this lockdown has upped the anti in the ‘ botsphere’ and have worn out the keypads ,and some have unloaded big time with pent up vitriol.

Also there are the school goers blowing off steam in the general direction of authority and blaming the ‘Gubbermint’ for the situation we are in.

So expect plenty more of that CrAzy, be a bumpy ride.

I would never get worried over social media. I seen a lad today complaining that he wouldn't be able to see the Sky because of student accommodation and wanted a petition started to stop the building. The guy lived miles away from the building. That's the sort of lunatic you have on social media. Yet it is posted here as if it is the paragon of virtue. Hilarious

I would never get worried over social media. I seen a lad today complaining that he wouldn't be able to see the Sky because of student accommodation and wanted a petition started to stop the building. The guy lived miles away from the building. That's the sort of lunatic you have on social media. Yet it is posted here as if it is the paragon of virtue. Hilarious

Social media represents all sections of society...time to stop the old cliches. It's nonsense now and always was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Social media represents all sections of society...time to stop the old cliches. It's nonsense now and always was.

The status quo don't like the unfettered discourse of the great unwashed.

• Advertisement

The status quo don't like the unfettered discourse of the great unwashed.

So you are saying people who use social media are "the great unwashed"? hell of a sweeping statement and very insulting
    Personally, I think people from all walks of life use social media.

So you are saying people who use social media are "the great unwashed"? hell of a sweeping statement and very insulting

So, can you prove any of what you said here?
    I have good odds that the accounts responding to this tweet with "some of the replies are deadly" are the exact same people mentioned yesterday when it was said "literally hundreds of accounts taking the piss out of him"
    All dummy accounts, a lot of Irish flags in photo with description of "Republican" and the odd "trycolour" mixed in

Share your data please?

So, can you prove any of what you said here?

Share your data please?

The bit you highlighted was from another poster, you will need to ask him to provide the evidence. I have no idea what he/she is talking about.

The bit you highlighted was from another poster, you will need to ask him to provide the evidence. I have no idea what he/she is talking about.

What?

Here is what you said:
    All dummy accounts, a lot of Irish flags in photo with description of "Republican" and the odd "trycolour" mixed in

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116142053&postcount=2970

Who were you 'quoting'?

You are talking about yourself 'having odds'

Lifting from the 'I know you are, but what am I?' school of debate. Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Haha some backpedaling from Varadkar. Not two weeks ago it was unworkable/disproportionate now he's worried it's not happening fast enough.
    Not a serious politician!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/varadkar-raises-concerns-at-cabinet-over-lack-of-progress-on-mandatory-travel-quarantine-40041835.html

smurgen wrote: »
    Haha some backpedaling from Varadkar. Not two weeks ago it was unworkable/disproportionate now he's worried it's not happening fast enough.
    Not a serious politician!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/varadkar-raises-concerns-at-cabinet-over-lack-of-progress-on-mandatory-travel-quarantine-40041835.html

Playing both sides to see which wins out. Charlatan and a chancer.

Playing both sides to see which wins out. Charlatan and a chancer.

Pity we lose out. All this after he calls quarantine disproportionate.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1356667315169935374?s=19

blanch152 wrote: »
    It is always funny when a grammar Nazi gets caught out. When it happens in the same sentence, it is top class laughter.

Best bit is spelling is 100% correct, well according to some

https://twitter.com/vmax_14/status/1251863360800505856?lang=en

Best bit is spelling is 100% correct, well according to some

https://twitter.com/vmax_14/status/1251863360800505856?lang=en

So someone misspelled it and it relates to your defense of Neale Richmond's photoshopped tweet how exactly?
    I must say lads some magical mystery tour on this one.

So someone misspelled it and it relates to your defense of Neale Richmond's photoshopped tweet how exactly?
    I must say lads some magical mystery tour on this one.

Imagine Richmond guiding the poor lad who had to put that Kinahan photoshop together. "There's something missing..... grayscale maybe? Ah yes perfect ... Chilling!"

Imagine Richmond guiding the poor lad who had to put that Kinahan photoshop together. "There's something missing..... grayscale maybe? Ah yes perfect ... Chilling!"

Likely sees himself as the Fine gaeler Elliot Ness :)

blanch152 wrote: »
    Link?

I don’t think anyone believes you. Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut rather than opening it and letting everyone know that you are a fool.

This is friendly advice feel free to take even longer put of this frame.

Pretty rude Blanch.
    This that important to you? To repeat I was asking him did he spell it wrong on purpose which it turns out he did.
    The adverbial wrong always follows the verb it modifies (e.g., he answered wrong). It also follows the object of the verb if there is one (e.g., he answered the question wrong). And wrongly can go either before or after its verb (e.g., he was wrongly imprisoned by the state; the state imprisoned him wrongly).
    https://grammarist.com/usage/wrong-wrongly/

And I'm the grammar Nazi :rolleyes:
    Maybe take your own advice.

Anyway, deflected from Neale so job done I suppose.

Oh my looks like the love affair with FG overseas branch may be in trouble.

https://twitter.com/_BenFinnegan/status/1356883327668609026?s=19

Oh my looks like the love affair with FG overseas branch may be in trouble.

https://twitter.com/_BenFinnegan/status/1356883327668609026?s=19

That'll damage Charlie and Leo's chances of a KBE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

That'll damage Charlie and Leo's chances of a KBE.

Charlie's bowler hat won't get a day out

Lookit, you’ll always get people who try to tear down those who try to better themselves and work for the greater good.

You’ll always get the coterie who are envious and try to justify a persons
    place in life ,and row in behind the mindless grunts who depend on the State, cradle to grave.

Their objective is to ridicule anyone who tries to better themselves so as to in some way ‘justify’ their existance, and lack of contribution to society.

Their mantra is ‘If I am going to live as a non achieving member of society, I’ll make damn sure I drag as many as I can down with me’

Psychologists have for years highlighted this attitude.

Lookit, you’ll always get people who try to tear down those who try to better themselves and work for the greater good.

You’ll always get the coterie who are envious and try to justify a persons
    place in life ,and row in behind the mindless grunts who depend on the State, cradle to grave.

Their objective is to ridicule anyone who tries to better themselves so as to in some way ‘justify’ their existance, and lack of contribution to society.

Their mantra is ‘If I am going to live as a non achieving member of society, I’ll make damn sure I drag as many as I can down with me’

Psychologists have for years highlighted this attitude.

Sounds like a FG mantra :D . It's us or nothing. What a negative mindset.

Sounds like a FG mantra :D . It's us or nothing. What a negative mindset.

So scrawling threatening graffiti on walls is your idea of a positive mindset?

To be honest , I’m not surprised.

FG happy to celebrate Loyalists when it suits,
    Every since Johnny Britain waved his Dail member at Charlie Windsor,

No both are neagative. Loyalists and Fine Gaelers. You missed my point.

What wall did you see that idiotic rubbish on?

No both are neagative. Loyalists and Fine Gaelers. You missed my point.

Great......

What wall did you see that idiotic rubbish on?

Regina Doherty claimed victims of Loyalist killing had only themselves to blame,
    Charlie Flanagan attacking the documentary Unquiet Graves for showing Loyalism in a bad light,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Pathetic drivel of the schoolyard variety.

Advertisement