Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Not a Leo fan and admit he's a bit narcissistic.
    But making up lies about him sort of turns his critics in to hypocritical hyperbole merchants too.
    There's enough of truth out there about him to bury most politicians, why bother making up stuff and lying as well?

What lies? You alleged it was claimed he was a Putinite, nobody said he was so don't be getting defensive over your own spin. We've already a lad does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not a Leo fan and admit he's a bit narcissistic.
    But making up lies about him sort of turns his critics in to hypocritical hyperbole merchants too.
    There's enough of truth out there about him to bury most politicians, why bother making up stuff and lying as well?

Because that is what they do. He lives in their heads and it spills out in this way.

At least that's truthful.
    But a lad saying he was approving the Putin regime because he praised a vaccine?
    Christ!

You inferred and alleged that. Nobody said it. Quit the spin if you want honesty, as you claim.

Leo never said gmhe approved of the Russian regime, but if he sees something useful that they have and can see the value of using it that doesn't make him a supporter of the regime responsible for its production.

You made this up though Bish. He should not be commending anything the Putin regime does IMO. It's all done under threat of violence. For instance we'd have fewer Covid regulation transgressors if there was a chance they could end up beaten and sent to a penal colony. Do you see my actual point now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Interesting not a single comment from saying that getting access to the Russian vaccine would help get out of the hole that is Covid.

To an outsider it would seem that no matter what any of the political parties do, good or bad, some people will come up with some bulls**t excuse to moan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Interesting not a single comment from saying that getting access to the Russian vaccine would help get out of the hole that is Covid.

To an outsider it would seem that no matter what any of the political parties do, good or bad, some people will come up with some bulls**t excuse to moan.

Maybe they should concentrate on rolling out the vaccines they have without confusion and chaos.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/parish-halls-may-be-used-as-vaccine-centres-for-over-70s-as-plan-for-gps-now-in-disarray-40050228.html

Maybe they should concentrate on rolling out the vaccines they have without confusion and chaos.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/parish-halls-may-be-used-as-vaccine-centres-for-over-70s-as-plan-for-gps-now-in-disarray-40050228.html

Why would they give the AstraZeneca vaccine to over 70's if it isn't effective?
    It seems the vaccines are in short supply so it makes sense to use them best, if the success rate is better with another vaccine in over 70's then target others with the AstraZeneca, would you not agree?

Plus we are talking about the Russia one and getting our hands on it

It seems the vaccines are in short supply so it makes sense to use them best, if the success rate is better with another vaccine in over 70's then target others with the AstraZeneca, would you not agree?

You are.

Is that a defence of the confusion and mixed messaging of the last week alone?

One minister saying one thing and another something different?

LV poking his head in to give his ramblings should be halted by any adults present. Could you imagine Joe Biden or Macron commending anything the Putin regime did? And if MLMD did same as LV she'd have her own thread ffs and they know it. Dishonest.

• Advertisement

As long as the HSE know what they are doing I don't care what a few politicians are saying. Its not a politician that is responsible for administering the vaccine and it makes perfect sense not to give a vaccine to over 70's if it doesn't work.

LV poking his head in to give his ramblings should be halted by any adults present. Could you imagine Joe Biden or Macron commending anything the Putin regime did? And if MLMD did same as LV she'd have her own thread ffs and they know it. Dishonest.

What do we care what Biden or Macron do? we need to get as much vaccine as possible and get out of Covid. I couldn't give a sh*t what Leo does if we get a couple of million of vaccine before everyone else

We can say how bad Putin is once the country is covid free

You are.

I forgot, you are just moaning about Leo AGAIN

What do we care what Biden or Macron do? we need to get as much vaccine as possible and get out of Covid. I couldn't give a sh*t what Leo does if we get a couple of million of vaccine before everyone else

We can say how bad Putin is once the country is covid free

Why do we care about anything as long as Leo/FG/FF/Greens aren't criticised.

Why do we care about anything as long as Leo/FG/FF/Greens aren't criticised.

More than welcome to criticise them, as I have said all along they are a disaster and I would welcome an election once the virus is gone

Moaning about Leo because he might get some vaccine from Russia is a bit silly isn't it?

More than welcome to criticise them, as I have said all along they are a disaster and I would welcome an election once the virus is gone

Moaning about Leo because he might get some vaccine from Russia is a bit silly isn't it?

Why doesn't Leo actually try and get some vaccine if he thinks he can, then have his self promoting tweets about it?

No, you said WE were talking about getting the Russian vaccine. We were not.

This is you right?

Again, absolutely nobody mentioned Leo getting vaccine from Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Up to Sunday night there were 207k doses of vaccines in the country and 200k had been given out, they had essentially run out. Seems like they have rolled out the "vaccines they have" just fine?

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Up to Sunday night there were 207k doses of vaccines in the country and 200k had been given out, they had essentially run out. Seems like they have rolled out the "vaccines they have" just fine?

So can you point to a clear plan for the future?

Can you deny that there hasn't been mixed messaging from government ministers in the last few days? Are GPs confused.

• Advertisement

Can you deny that there hasn't been mixed messaging from government ministers in the last few days? Are GPs confused.

The AstraZeneca decision only happened a few days ago and requires a change of plan now that they aren't going to give it to over 70s. You can't just roll out a new plan immediately, it takes time and the vaccines aren't going to be here until next week anyway. thought that was well known.

My better half is a GP and she doesn't seem confused. The ICGP weekly update had a good section on vaccines last night and it seems like GPs have a good grasp of the vaccines and the difficulties administering them and the required changes the AstraZeneca decision has caused.

I'm confused by your point though. Initially you were concerned about them rolling out the "vaccines they have" (direct quote). Once it was pointed out to you that they have actually given out all those doses the goal posts have then moved again to some wishy washy thing about vaccines they haven't got yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just wanted to prove I can talk ****e too.

No need to prove that bish, sure the fact you ran away from several threads when asked to back up various BS posts is proof enough for most.

The AstraZeneca decision only happened a few days ago and requires a change of plan now that they aren't going to give it to over 70s. You can't just roll out a new plan immediately, it takes time and the vaccines aren't going to be here until next week anyway. thought that was well known.

My better half is a GP and she doesn't seem confused. The ICGP weekly update had a good section on vaccines last night and it seems like GPs have a good grasp of the vaccines and the difficulties administering them and the required changes the AstraZeneca decision has caused.

I'm confused by your point though. Initially you were concerned about them rolling out the "vaccines they have" (direct quote). Once it was pointed out to you that they have actually given out all those doses the goal posts have then moved again to some wishy washy thing about vaccines they haven't got yet?

You're better half isn't confused therefore there is no confusion.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40209641.html
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/doctors-frustrated-and-confused-about-their-role-in-covid-vaccine-plan-1.4434516
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/hospitals-in-different-regions-given-unequal-doses-of-covid-19-vaccines-1066727.html
    https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/confusion-west-cork-hospital-after-19591947

I see Neale Richmond responded to Ian Wrights tweet on his disappointment of the sentence given to the teenager for the unacceptable comments made.

Richmond tweets something like "fully agree Wrighty, Ireland apologises".

Personally i find this laughable, obviously that teenager was completely wrong for what he said and did but endorsing a jail term and potentially lead him into a life of no good is madness. I understand Wright's perspective and indeed there is no place for racism but wishing a jail term is unacceptable, the teenager was probably 16 or 17, stupid tweets but c'mon and particularly for a politician to also voice support for a jail term is farcical. Also referring to Wright as Wrighty is unprofessional. How is this guy in government

Are you seriously getting upset about a politician calling Ian Wright, "Wrighty"?

4 articles from December and early January? I thought your argument is about future vaccine doses? Or are we back to the "vaccines they have" again, which they completely used up? Back and forth like a yo-yo.

I can just see you now Francie, peering out the windscreen of your car surrounded by molten lava, telling your terrified passengers that the clear plan was to drive along the road on the map around the mountain to the other side, and that you are going to keep to the clear plan regardless of anything else that happens.

4 articles from December and early January? I thought your argument is about future vaccine doses? Or are we back to the "vaccines they have" again, which they completely used up? Back and forth like a yo-yo.

I can use up all the butter in the house, but some f it might be smeared all over the floor or burnt in a pan. Just because you 'use it all' does not for a second suggest there hasn't been confusion in the rollout.

And yes, there is currently confusion about the future plan again...your better half, not being aware of it is scant evidence that there isn't.

Too many chiefs in the government and too many with ego's the size of a small country vying to be looked at.

I can use up all the butter in the house, but some f it might be smeared all over the floor or burnt in a pan. Just because you 'use it all' does not for a second suggest there hasn't been confusion in the rollout.

And yes, there is currently confusion about the future plan again...your better half, not being aware of it is scant evidence that there isn't.

Too many chiefs in the government and too many with ego's the size of a small country vying to be looked at.

I think I'm probably going to stick to the covid forum to discuss vaccines and progress from now on. The attempts at political point scoring around these parts like the post above is nauseating. Achieves nothing.

I think I'm probably going to stick to the covid forum to discuss vaccines and progress from now on. The attempts at political point scoring around these parts like the post above is nauseating. Achieves nothing.

This is a political thread. We review political actions and discuss. Now if you have anything other than the observations of your better half to dispute the fact there hasn't been pointless confusion then I am all eyes to read it.

• Advertisement

This is a political thread. We review political actions and discuss. Now if you have anything other than the observations of your better half to dispute the fact there hasn't been pointless confusion then I am all eyes to read it.

And we also compare the political actions of the government to political actions of the governments of the states to our North and to our East to see how they are doing............oh, that isn't allowed, as this is the bitch and moan thread.

Advertisement