Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    And we also compare the political actions of the government to political actions of the governments of the states to our North and to our East to see how they are doing............oh, that isn't allowed, as this is the bitch and moan thread.

No, you do that to compare how ONE party is doing and you use the victims of the pandemic as a consequence.

Macabre and distasteful no matter how much you pretend to do it to assess the performance of the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

This is a political thread. We review political actions and discuss. Now if you have anything other than the observations of your better half to dispute the fact there hasn't been pointless confusion then I am all eyes to read it.

So in your opinion there should be a full roadmap in place already for vaccines arriving in a week, based on an AstraZeneca vaccine decision made in the last 48 hours? Come on man, even you must see how much of a joke that thought process is. Plans take time. You cannot expect a full process flow to have been created, agreed and signed up to in that time.

The ICGP meeting last night fully understood that the roadmap would be changing because of the decision. There is no confusion with it, they are just waiting to get it once its complete.

But sure, go back to your concern about rolling out the "vaccines they have", whatever that was meant to mean. Clearly not paying attention to the vaccine updates which would show they had all been rolled out.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    So in your opinion there should be a full roadmap in place already for vaccines arriving in a week, based on an AstraZeneca vaccine decision made in the last 48 hours? Come on man, even you must see how much of a joke that thought process is. Plans take time. You cannot expect a full process flow to have been created, agreed and signed up to in that time.

The ICGP meeting last night fully understood that the roadmap would be changing because of the decision. There is no confusion with it, they are just waiting to get it once its complete.

But sure, go back to your concern about rolling out the "vaccines they have", whatever that was meant to mean. Clearly not paying attention to the vaccine updates which would show they had all been rolled out.
    No, I don't think we should be sending different ministers out saying different things. Thomas Byrne not knowing his arse from his elbow on radio yesterday etc.

Once in a while maybe just say 'I don't know' instead of waffling or blowing and confusing people.

BTW...I backed up with contemporary reports, the confusion there was about the rollout. (the point at which you said you were going to leave the thread, rather than admit it)

As long as the HSE know what they are doing I don't care what a few politicians are saying. Its not a politician that is responsible for administering the vaccine and it makes perfect sense not to give a vaccine to over 70's if it doesn't work.

theres no evidence this vaccine deosnt work on over 70s,.

But theres not evidence to say it deos,due to numbers included in trials,i taught??

And we also compare the political actions of the government to political actions of the governments of the states to our North and to our East to see how they are doing............oh, that isn't allowed, as this is the bitch and moan thread.
    Only state to our north is iceland, what are their political actions??

They didnt bankrupt the country like ffg to bail out banks and seemed to get on fine?.....

Its like NZ and other zero covid countries....an example exposing our failure deosnt count for reasons that are never fully articulated or stand upto scrutiny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

TBF, yes.
    It's very easy to organise a supply chain without the actual goods. The logistics are worked out many months in advance not a scramble when the goods arrive.
    Look at the care homes. We'd the exact same scenario last March/April as we had several months later. Poor organisation be it the HSE or the people give them authority. We have a history of reacting instead of preparing.
    If you see any and all criticsm to be dismissed as mere point scoring, that's on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

They didnt bankrupt the country like ffg to bail out banks and seemed to get on fine?.....

Its like NZ and other zero covid countries....an example exposing our failure deosnt count for reasons that are never fully articulated or stand upto scrutiny

You forgot Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Its called Northern Ireland, they have a soccer team and are listed by the UN, take a dose of reality lad, chalk it down if you must but take it none the less.

That's a territory answers to westminister. Surely a state governs itself? Maybe that's why it's called Northern Ireland?

the 6 counties are not a state....the majority there dont want it as state

Some want to be in the uk,more want unity with us.....a state it most certainly is not

• Advertisement

the 6 counties are not a state....the majority there dont want it as state

Some want to be in the uk,more want unity with us.....a state it most certainly is not

they are listed by the UN, take a dose of reality lad, chalk it down if you must but take it none the less.

TBF, yes.
    It's very easy to organise a supply chain without the actual goods. The logistics are worked out many months in advance not a scramble when the goods arrive.
    Look at the care homes. We'd the exact same scenario last March/April as we had several months later. Poor organisation be it the HSE or the people give them authority. We have a history of reacting instead of preparing.
    If you see any and all criticsm to be dismissed as mere point scoring, that's on you.

How could they have done that when the decision to prioritise mRNA vaccines over the AstraZeneca one for over 70s was only made this week? Its this kind of stuff that is just frustrating on here, absolutely no common sense applied to arguments.

Also, with regards to this made up nonsense:
    "If you see any and all criticsm to be dismissed as mere point scoring, that's on you."

I never even remotely suggested that. My point is that its tiring to check in here every once in a while and see the same 5 or 6 posters posting for the sake of point scoring with either false, misleading or incomplete information rather than actually debating based on the facts at hand. It's the same 5 or 6 posters on either side of the debates by the way, I'm not picking any sides here. Plenty of idiotic political point scoring posts directed in the way of SF and other opposition parties also.

How could they have done that when the decision to prioritise mRNA vaccines over the AstraZeneca one for over 70s was only made this week? Its this kind of stuff that is just frustrating on here, absolutely no common sense applied to arguments.

Also, with regards to this made up nonsense:
    "If you see any and all criticsm to be dismissed as mere point scoring, that's on you."

I never even remotely suggested that. My point is that its tiring to check in here every once in a while and see the same 5 or 6 posters posting for the sake of point scoring with either false, misleading or incomplete information rather than actually debating based on the facts at hand. It's the same 5 or 6 posters on either side of the debates by the way, I'm not picking any sides here. Plenty of idiotic political point scoring posts directed in the way of SF and other opposition parties also.

We knew a vaccine was in the works. From that point you get your ducks in a row. How are we going to distribute, who? etc. You set up a transport team. You set up medical and admin staff. You plan for various scenarios. Companies do it all around the world every day. On your point, a road map could be in place, roadmaps for various eventualities or in the least a plan that can be amended.

Earlier it was raised on what LV had said about the Russian vaccine and it's roll out. I posted that he should not be commending anything the Putin regime does. We had a few posters jump in calling me out for saying LV supported Putin. Which I never said. Nobody had said that in fact. So I get your point. Some of us try speak on topics. Disagreeing with an opinion doesn't make the opinion a lie.

We knew a vaccine was in the works. From that point you get your ducks in a row. How are we going to distribute, who? etc. You set up a transport team. You set up medical and admin staff. You plan for various scenarios. Companies do it all around the world every day. On your point, a road map could be in place, roadmaps for various eventualities or in the least a plan that can be amended.

Earlier it was raised on what LV had said about the Russian vaccine and it's roll out. I posted that he should not be commending anything the Putin regime does. We had a few posters jump in calling me out for saying LV supported Putin. Which I never said. Nobody had said that in fact. So I get your point. Some of us try speak on topics. Disagreeing with an opinion doesn't make the opinion a lie.

I don't think you are getting what is going on with the vaccines. The fact that they are only going to be giving AstraZeneca to under 70s has required a complete change of plans in the last 48 hours. The pfizer/moderna vaccines cannot be distributed to GPs in the same way the AstraZeneca one was planned to be. The vaccine thread would be a good place to get more up to date on this kind of stuff.

Also, plenty across the EU have been commending the results of the Sputnik V vaccine, it's almost certain that the EMA will be approving it for EU use at some point in the next few months. Here's Merkel making similar comments:

https://www.dw.com/en/angela-merkel-says-every-vaccine-is-welcome-after-sputnik-v-results/a-56432676

I don't think you are getting what is going on with the vaccines. The fact that they are only going to be giving AstraZeneca to under 70s has required a complete change of plans in the last 48 hours. The pfizer/moderna vaccines cannot be distributed to GPs in the same way the AstraZeneca one was planned to be. The vaccine thread would be a good place to get more up to date on this kind of stuff.

Also, plenty across the EU have been commending the results of the Sputnik V vaccine, it's almost certain that the EMA will be approving it for EU use at some point in the next few months. Here's Merkel making similar comments:

https://www.dw.com/en/angela-merkel-says-every-vaccine-is-welcome-after-sputnik-v-results/a-56432676

I'm speaking on having a roadmap and that it is possible to be prepared. It's been a lot longer than 48 hours since Germany raised concerns regarding that vaccine's efficacy with the elderly.
    He also cited the soviet era too in comparison to the EU roll out. Not to forget Varadkar contradicting Donnelly earlier. Not their 'finest hour' as the man said.

I'm speaking on having a roadmap and that it is possible to be prepared. It's been a lot longer than 48 hours since Germany raised concerns regarding that vaccine's efficacy with the elderly.
    He also cited the soviet era too in comparison to the EU roll out. Not to forget Varadkar contradicting Donnelly earlier. Not their 'finest hour' as the man said.

There's some good information from Paul Reid on the vaccine front in this article. About halfway down the article is the key bits.

RTE news : Almost 220,000 vaccine doses administered - HSE

http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0204/1195063-hse-to-do-everything-to-finish-roll-out-for-over-70s/

Its called Northern Ireland, they have a soccer team and are listed by the UN, take a dose of reality lad, chalk it down if you must but take it none the less.

My local pub has a soccer team. :) Punters are frequently in a state alright. :)

They are not a country though....a devolved region of the uk,or a occupied part of ireland depending upon ones view

A country,it most certainly is not

https://www.worldometers.info/united-nations/

Is Scotland a country, what about Wales or England for that matter.

Varadkar is a publicity hound.

I mean your main criteria was,they be listed at the UN

So which is it;
    You don’t know or you won’t answer for fear of being rumbled.

• Advertisement

There's some good information from Paul Reid on the vaccine front in this article. About halfway down the article is the key bits.

RTE news : Almost 220,000 vaccine doses administered - HSE

http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0204/1195063-hse-to-do-everything-to-finish-roll-out-for-over-70s/

Don’t post good news in here!!!!

If it isn’t something something Leo (insert insult), then you will get hounded by the regulars.

If it isn’t something something Leo (insert insult), then you will get hounded by the regulars.

The difference is Leo spoofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

At this stage,would it not be easier for yous,if you just got a flashing neon sign saying "give me attention"

Neither my wife or I have been vaccinated yet and we're considered front line workers, with her job in particular putting her in a higher risk bracket than me.

My advice is despite what it says in the news - the distribution of vaccines in that regard is a disorganised mess..

I can say that with 100% confidence and certainty.

You guys just breeze by any posts that don't mention Leo. In fact your angst at him getting criticised when he is a party leader in the coalition is a bit odd, if you ask me.

Imagine getting upset because somebody keeps mentioning Mary Lou in a SF thread for instance.

At this stage,would it not be easier for yous,if you just got a flashing neon sign saying "give me attention"

Nope, this is supposed to be a light-hearted forum. A bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    Neither my wife or I have been vaccinated yet and we're considered front line workers, with her job in particular putting her in a higher risk bracket than me.

My advice is despite what it says in the news - the distribution of vaccines in that regard is a disorganised mess..

I can say that with 100% confidence and certainty.

Advice? It is an opinion, and an uninformed one at that, but the government cannot give out vaccines it does not have.

Someone who is 100% certain of anything is a fundamentalist and zealot.

markodaly wrote: »
    Advice? It is an opinion, and an uninformed one at that, but the government cannot give out vaccines it does not have.

Think before you post mark.

Murphy to face no confidence motion; Varadkar has 100% confidence in Housing Minister

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    Think before you post mark.

:pac:

Another Leo post. Not surprised..

Anyway, how can the government give out vaccines they do not have and what makes you anyway qualified to be 100% confident they are not doing a good job with it?

Take your time, ill listen.

I know several people claiming to be health service frontline who have been working from home for months.

• Advertisement

Another Leo post. Not surprised..

Anyway, how can the government give out vaccines they do not have and what makes you anyway qualified to be 100% confident they are not doing a good job with it?

Take your time, ill listen.

Leo..... In the thread about Fine Gael?

Whatever next - some poster in the watches and timepiece forum mentions Tag Heuer?

This site has gone to the dogs.....

Advertisement