Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

There part of the UK but there still countries.

They are not countries, no more than Connacht is a country

They don’t have their own passports, sovereign governments or are recognised by the UN

Scottish and Welsh may like to pretend they are countries during the Six Nations as it is helpful for the UK to let them pretend they are not controlled by London

smurgen wrote: »
    Neale Richmond has a habit of inserting his big head into stories that have absolutely nothing to do with him to try to stay relevant. He's an egotist in the same vein as Madigan. Loves photoshopping and tweeting away nonsense all day.

Also what Richmond, Madigan et al now do is imply they are not in government.

They complain about crime, welfare, etc, as if they are the opposition and are helpless

For instance, there already was an Irish documentary (and investigative journalism) into Kinahan, they are the government why don’t they get the police to arrest them instead of dictating to Sky Sports

(Richmond seems to be obsessed with appearing on British media)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,173 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They complain about crime, welfare, etc, as if they are the opposition and are helpless

For instance, there already was an Irish documentary (and investigative journalism) into Kinahan, they are the government why don’t they get the police to arrest them instead of dictating to Sky Sports

(Richmond seems to be obsessed with appearing on British media)

He spent 20 minutes on Radio Ulster yesterday taking offence on behalf of Simon Coveney for something Gregory Campbell said. Was a bit cringe tbh.

He spent 20 minutes on Radio Ulster yesterday taking offence on behalf of Simon Coveney for something Gregory Campbell said. Was a bit cringe tbh.

Ha, personally I find it hilarious when the DUPers attack FFG, the latter had no problem when they targeted everyone else- Irish, EU, gays, blacks, Shinners

Like a lawyer who defends burglars, until they themselves are burglared

Incidentally, not a word from the FFG twitterati about a victim of the loyalist terrorists being arrested by the PSNI for attending a memorial, while loyalists were allowed march unharrassed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Ha, personally I find it hilarious when the DUPers attack FFG, the latter had no problem when they targeted everyone else- Irish, EU, gays, blacks, Shinners

Incidentally, not a word from the FFG twitterati about a victim of the loyalist terrorists being arrested by the PSNI for attending a memorial, while loyalists were allowed march unimpressed

I found this sickening to be honest. If it was reporblican there'd be calls for SF to defuse the situation. They're so cynical in their use of victims it's dispicable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Incidentally, not a word from the FFG twitterati about a victim of the loyalist terrorists being arrested by the PSNI for attending a memorial, while loyalists were allowed march unharrassed

They will not do anything that might agree with/assist/or normalise the shinners. That's how you know it's all about money and power and nothing to do with governance in societies interest.

They will not do anything that might agree with/assist/or normalise the shinners. That's how you know it's all about money and power and nothing to do with governance in societies interest.

Not a normal party.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

They are not countries, no more than Connacht is a country

They don’t have their own passports, sovereign governments or are recognised by the UN

Scottish and Welsh may like to pretend they are countries during the Six Nations as it is helpful for the UK to let them pretend they are not controlled by London

Strange post so when did Ireland become a 'country'?

Strange post so when did Ireland become a 'country'?

When it was recognised as a country by the UN, unlike Catalonia or Scotland

I would expect Scotland to be in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

When it was recognised as a country by the UN, unlike Catalonia or Scotland

I would expect Scotland to be in the near future

Ok so we weren't a country until after WW2? Interesting :rolleyes:

Anyway so hey, what about the countries subsumed into the Soviet Union after WW2? They ceased to become countries then eh?

Oh and you really should brush up on basic Scottish history

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What's he done now?

I see #LeoTheLeak is trending this morning again......

https://twitter.com/hashtag/LeoTheLeak?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    What's he done now?

Terrible isn't it. Some fierce sour yokes out there.
    https://twitter.com/Bazkells/status/1357342342819188743?s=20

Bishop, that tweet is from the 4th of Feb, have you grasped how twitter works yet:)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bishop, that tweet is from the 4th of Feb, have you grasped how twitter works yet:)?

No tg.
    So you reckon they might have changed their minds yet?
    Ah no unlikely, good yokes as a friend of mine would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

What's he done now?

What to do on a Sunday morning? I could spend some time with my family? maybe go out for a walk?
    No no, I will sit on twitter talking about a politician.
    Seemingly the politicians can take a day off but some others can't
    What new piece of information do we have that is so important to discuss on a Sunday? is it literally hundred again?

What to do on a Sunday morning? I could spend some time with my family? maybe go out for a walk?
    What new piece of information do we have that is so important to discuss on a Sunday? is it literally hundred again?

If you're going to get that angry maybe try taking your own advice.

What's he done now?

He tried to insert himself into the story of the pubs winning against the insurance companies for covid payouts. He done nothing to further the cause and has only spoke in meaningless platitudes about reform etc etc. People rightfully pointing out the hard work done by Pearse Doherty to highlight the issues and keep pressure on the insurance industries.

He tried to insert himself into the story of the pubs winning against the insurance companies for covid payouts. He done nothing to further the cause and has only spoke in meaningless platitudes about reform etc etc. People rightfully pointing out the hard work done by Pearse Doherty to highlight the issues and keep pressure on the insurance industries.

Yeah catching up with it now.

https://twitter.com/durtyonion/status/1358340911265165313?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Rubbish.

The pubs had to take the case anyway to satisfy their re-insurers per RTE.

So poor Pearse better save his energy for the little dig into Shinners shillings that going to happen.

Lot of rustling of papers and accounts around Parnell Sq. my sources tell me............Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I said people don't have dates for their vaccination. You said FAKE NEWS people are getting dates. Therefore you're a liar or not smart.

Oh OK, the entire adult population don't know yet the exact date they are going to get vaccinated, thus obviously, this is a catastrophe and the government are a mess.

Is that your argument? :p

Its Fake News!

• Advertisement

One thing is clear, the latest lockdown, people are just angry and **** posting all over the place. Its all inane banal nonsense of course, as much substance and intelligence as last nights chip supper.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Much like the Shinners up the North.......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Ah lads FFS can you stop personalising your posts. If you can't even be civil to each other I suggest you all put each other on ignore. Off topic waffle regarding the thinly veiled insinuations about posters deleted. Standard of posting in here recently is absolutely shocking folks, do better. Every single one of you.

If ye have nothing to discuss other than bickering amongst each other like a crowd of school children then put the electronic devices away and watch something on the TV for a while.

Richard Bruton appearing angry again on twitter this morning. After he got his ass handed to him by Eoin Ó Broin on air last week in a debate he's taken to the usual FG refuge of Indo columns. Their very own safe space.

https://twitter.com/RichardbrutonTD/status/1358352285957582848?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

If Twitter bring in a subscription model will TDS be able to claim that as an expense.

If Twitter bring in a subscription model will TDS be able to claim that as an expense.

Sure the special advisors probably managing their platforms for them. I'd love to know the social media spend per TD. Some of them are prolific.

Thanks for bringing that article to my and others attention. It is an excellent piece.
    RB is spot on when he says...
    What is needed is that both public and private activity in the housing market is aligned to the public interest. That requires intelligent and innovative intervention by the State - not populist slogans.

Housing is complex, very complex. 10-seconds soundbites won't fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,173 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing that article to my and others attention. It is an excellent piece.

And FG have managed it to record breaking numbers. They have all the answers but can't seem to implement them. How long do they require to do it...another 10 years in Government...20?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

I don’t understand how an TD who’s party have been in government for 10 years can defend their housing policy. I understand there’s no simple solutions so genuine question, why has the housing situation gotten worse since FG have been in power and how can they defend their position?

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »

To complex for some. More specifically FG.10 years of inaction. Inadequate plans will not fix the housing. The latest attempt to blame housing on opposition is particularly amusing. Irish people are clued in mind and calling them out on it at every turn. Great to see!

Advertisement