Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Were they up from Dublin Francie.

I went to a funeral once Brendi, went back to work after and then went for pints that night.

What point are you trying to make here...do spit it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

You’ll never be happy with any sort of politics, politicians, or the establishment. You’re like that Gene Kerrigan dude on the back of the Sindo. Unrelenting negativity from one end of the decade to the other. All the problems and none of the answers. Easiest thing in the world to do.

County hurling is proper stuff though, dude. The idea you think SF would do any better it laughable. They are politically incompetent. A party of simple populism and vague left wing sloganeering that appeals to people who aren’t the sharpest knives in the block.

Fisher Price Politics.
    Pot calling the kettle black from the person who supports FG and starts a thread on taking a ****e

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah so, SF didnt do anything wrong per say, it was that they misjudged the mood.
    Right so.... even though the rules defined in NI for funerals were clearly and utterly broken....

Spin away.
    they were not, anyway nothing gets in the way of your anti sf guff, disappointed you were not invited to Clifden:D

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Any sign of Varadkar or has he gone into hiding. He is the leader of a party who drove a coach and horses through six months of public health policy and yet he has been invisible in the media today, instead trying to hide behind a tweet. Thats not leadership, it cowardice. You would think that after he led Fine Gael to their second worst ever election result he would at least try to up his leadership game but its seems not, he is back in hiding again.

People are fuming at FFG and rightly so. Millions of people took these restrictions seriously yet our betters in FFG think they are above them. The government have zero credibility on asking people to restrict their movements and already you can see on the Kildare thread people openly saying they are done with the lockdown because of what FFG done. If the cases keep going up and up now it is pretty obvious which parties are to blame, they've lost the trust of the public now and its all their own doing.
    Doesn't what to do, he was quick to have a go Lynn Boylan last week on twitter but like his whole career, goes all mute on the important stuff, joke of a tanaiste, not fit for purpose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You’ll never be happy with any sort of politics, politicians, or the establishment. You’re like that Gene Kerrigan dude on the back of the Sindo. Unrelenting negativity from one end of the decade to the other. All the problems and none of the answers. Easiest thing in the world to do.

County hurling is proper stuff though, dude.
    The idea you think SF would do any better it laughable. They are politically incompetent. A party of simple populism and vague left wing sloganeering that appeals to people who aren’t the sharpest knives in the block.

Fisher Price Politics.

Don't you concern yourself with me dude. Some of us don't settle for ****e.
    Take the criticism of your party and it's government on the chin, let it stand or fall on its own merit.
    When the choices are FF/FG or FG/FF, why would any review be any different?

Says the man backs covid number 19, NCH over run, Leo's spin unit, Lowry, Siteserv deal, Reilly's clinics, Conlon's glassing, Michael 'inappropriate
    behaviour' Noonan, Whistleblower **** up, 9 year tax evading, will sell out the tax payer for rental company profits, will partner with Fianna Fail, #WLM, Golfing piss up Fine Geal :):)

Record breaking crises year on year ffs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Dukes after his defence of his pals on the radio probably went for a trip to the Dublin mountains

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

McMurphy wrote: »
    Except they weren't, see here

Does an exception not mean what I think it means, or is blanch "spinning":confused:

An exception was granted because the authorities didn’t want another main shopping street bombed.

Decent people know that an exception shouldn’t have been asked for or relied upon by elected officials.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

tobsey wrote: »
    An exception was granted because the authorities didn’t want another main shopping street bombed.

Yet another one who needs directions. (No charge btw)

The conspiracy forum is over there tobsey >>>>>>>>>>
    Decent people know that an exception shouldn’t have been asked for or relied upon by elected officials.

Decent people like cabinet ministers, EU commissioners, FG party zealots, Supreme Judges, ambassadors from Morocco and so on and so forth? That's most likely why they didn't bother their holes and just acted like they were above asking for exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Here's a crazy thought and I'm just throwing it out there - all politicians are bastards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

tobsey wrote: »

I don't think Garda Horkan's family deserve such bile or the family of any deceased despite your politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭satguy

The Garda driver that got them through the checkpoints should be sacked,, also his superior officer should be sacked also..

They asked us to stop calling them "Pigs" ,, maybe they should meet us half way ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

satguy wrote: »
    The Garda driver that got them through the checkpoints should be sacked,, also his superior officer should be sacked also..

They asked us to stop calling them "Pigs" ,, maybe they should meet us half way ???

Are the Garda starting to look like a personal security service for FG? They seem to have bizarre, inappropriate links at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

satguy wrote: »

We were through this yesterday, the checkpoints was your imagination.

Bowie wrote: »
    I don't think Garda Horkan's family deserve such bile or the family of any deceased despite your politics.

That post clearly wasn't about the Garda. We see the SF fans telling us that the Garda funeral was not highlighted out of respect, yet he is dragged up any time it is convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So now the way that Seamus Woulfe who has been advising FG on items such as the occupied territories bill and the ban on eviction has show a complete lack of judgement in relation to laws he helped draft is it fair to say that this legal advice they rely on so heavily is no longer reliable?

christy c wrote: »
    That post clearly wasn't about the Garda. We see the SF fans telling us that the Garda funeral was not highlighted out of respect, yet he is dragged up any time it is convenient.

Not at the time of the funeral or after it. Nobody any where complained about the Garda's funeral. Why? Out of simple common decency and empathy.

Repeat after me.

No-one in the state seemed to have minded about the social distancing measures being flouted at a Gardas funeral out of empathy and respect for the deceased and his family.

The shinners are equally as guilty of flouting the same social distancing guidelines at times too.

The only reason it's brought up at all is to point out that the virus didn't care or know whom the deceased is, and what political allegiance the mourners had.

Go.

Repeat after me.

No-one in the state seemed to have minded about the social distancing measures being flouted at a Gardas funeral out of empathy and respect for the deceased and his family.

The shinners are equally as guilty of flouting the same social distancing guidelines at times too.

The only reason it's brought up at all is to point out that the virus didn't care or know whom the deceased is, and what political allegiance the mourners had.

Go.

Your arrogance on display here again. It was brought up in the post I quoted for point scoring purposes.

Not at the time of the funeral or after it. Nobody any where complained about the Garda's funeral. Why? Out of simple common decency and empathy.

Agreed, yet Bowie had no issue dragging his name in to score a point.

• Advertisement

Your arrogance on display here again. It was brought up in the post I quoted for point scoring purposes.

What is being pointed out is the hypocrisy. Nobody...including SF, complained or said anything about the clear and obvious breaches of regs at the Garda's funeral.

They didn't for a reason. Simple as.

A funeral is not the same thing as a 2 day golf jamboree for select members of the state.

It is not the same as a TD or public rep individually breaking a regulation either.

There is a wider implication here and that is what the intense and, as far as I can see, undiminished anger is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

url=https://imgbb.com/]DEEA6088-5665-405-D-AD43-4-DF0-D38-DD907.jpg[/url]

24-A94-CA6-1-A8-A-403-E-A57-E-8-FDA5-B657767.jpg

14-D09-EBB-3620-4480-AD92-9137-C2971357.jpg

Fire up some examples from the Garda funeral which shows bunch of tough looking knackers hanging around celebrating the murder of a sociopath. Maybe something you ‘seen’ on Twitter, Murph.

Shinners don’t seem to have much time for the Gardaí. Celebrating the sociopath who shot McCabe, having one of their TD’s pick up that ginger knacker, having Adams take a few weeks of meditation to decide whether a fellow should go to the police with evidence in a capital murder, trying to make some sort of comparison between a state funeral and some sort of ‘we haven’t gone away you know’ display up in Belfast.

Abnormal party followed by the naive, the stupid, and the abnormal for the most part. Deeply sinister organisation. Thankfully we have a proper Irish Republican party in FG to stand up to these louts in suits.

What is being pointed out is the hypocrisy. Nobody...including SF, complained or said anything about the clear and obvious breaches of regs at the Garda's funeral.

They didn't for a reason. Simple as.

A funeral is not the same thing as a 2 day golf jamboree for select members of the state.

It is not the same as a TD or public rep individually breaking a regulation either.

There is a wider implication here and that is what the intense and, as far as I can see, undiminished anger is about.

Look, if yourself and fellow supporters had so much empathy, you would not be dragging his name in whenever convenient. You can defend SF without dragging up a murdered Garda when it suits.

Look, if yourself and fellow supporters had so much empathy, you would not be dragging his name in whenever convenient. You can defend SF without dragging up a murdered Garda when it suits.

It isn't 'conveinient' it is relevant as it shows up hypocrisy and selective faux outrage. Ad McMurphy said...the virus doesn't know if it was a state funeral or the funeral of a Shinner.

I didn't 'defend' SF over the funeral either...I said from the very start that they got it wrong and made mistakes.

I see a local SF councillor, whom I know, being outed now for going ahead with a family holiday to Spain. That is wrong too and she should be made aware of it and if it was a breach of the regs, resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Less of the personals please, dude. This is a Senate of debate and argument, not a place for you and your ilk to abuse people and engage in the dark arts.

I will admit I’m an extremely intelligent man, dude. FG does tend to attract people of above average intelligence. It’s a good fit. That seems to annoy the sort of people who spend their lives trying to defend the deep abnormality of SF as a political entity.

Lot of anger out there, dude.

Oh yes, I forgot. Anger dude. You display none of it insulting all and sundry day-in day-out. Not at all. I have no doubt you were top of the class in whatever elite playpen produced you and your mammy says your great.

Keep it groovy broski

Knackers like Storey are the sort of people that SF look up to and respect. Slab ‘They’re buried on my farm’ Murphy as well.

The Gardaí are the police force of the Irish Republic. A State that SF want to disband. They don’t like the police. It’s part of this ‘establishment’ they hate so much.

Arrogance is:

Firstly trying to imply lockdown measures were broken - that was proven to be a lie.

Hide behind social distancing guidelines being flouted, and when pointed out that so too were the mourners at Garda Horkans funeral initially the excuse was "dead public servant something something dead IRA man" (we have covered how the virus doesn't care)

The latest avenue people wanted to go down was that some rules were broken, and bizzarely in the same post link to how an exception was made for Storeys funeral. Last I heard the tin foil hat section of FG believe it was under the threat of "being bombed" and the other half use the utter, utter arrogant line of "decent folk wouldn't even ask for an exception" (golf gate)

Have another go please Christy.

It just happened to be that particular gards funeral that was openly and publicly flouting the social distancing guidelines a few days before the Shinners..

I would bring up Van Morrison had he of been buried a few days before hand and there was a mass public gathering of mourners breaking the social distancing guidelines.

You're now trying to suggest people shouldn't bring it up at all because it doesn't suit, not because of who he was and how he died.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Oh yes, I forgot. Anger dude. You display none of it insulting all and sundry day-in day-out. Not at all. I have no doubt you were top of the class in whatever elite playpen produced you and your mammy says your great.

Keep it groovy broski

What’s your point, amigo? It’s all a bit incoherent. You aren’t a former sports hack and the worst podcaster in history by any chance?

As for me; I grew up in the Connemara Gaeltacht. Far from a life of luxury. That’s another great thing about being a member of FG - it’s a broad church that represents the best of this state and it’s citizens. Aspirational, caring, nuanced, ambitious, pragmatic.

That riles up some people. That’s good though.

• Advertisement

Arrogance is:

Firstly trying to imply lockdown measures were broken - that was proven to be a lie.

Hide behind social distancing guidelines being flouted, and when pointed out that so too were the mourners at Garda Horkans funeral initially the excuse was "dead public servant something something dead IRA man" (we have covered how the virus doesn't care)

The latest avenue people wanted to go down was that some rules were broken, and bizzarely in the same post link to how an exception was made for Storeys funeral. Last I heard the tin foil hat section of FG believe it was under the threat of "being bombed" and the other half use the utter, utter arrogant line of "decent folk wouldn't even ask for an exception" (golf gate)

Have another go please Christy.

if you dont see how your post was arrogant, I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you.

Advertisement