Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

I can't help being critical of an unapologetic former member of the disgraced UDR and a proud and senior member of one of the most bigoted and discriminatory political parties this island has ever seen, addressing the FG multitude to loud applause blanch.
    There is 'engaging politically' which all democratic parties should and must do but then there is 'embracing politically' which should not be done, as it gives comfort, validation and support to bigots. I shouldn't be surprised but I constantly am.

This point of view is hilarious when you consider you defend Sinn Fein.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,171 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This point of view is hilarious when you consider you defend Sinn Fein.

SF aren't inviting and applauding unapologetic ex UDR men to their conferences and pretending they are something they aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    It was a very good article about the housing practices of the left-wing parties. Shout in public but quietly block all progress.

He touched on it, but didn't say it, that Sinn Fein and the others are interested in creating ghettoes of poor people that they can exploit for votes. The welfare of people isn't of interest.

The key point of Bruton's article is that without private sector involvement, local authorities will only create more Ballymuns if they follow the left-wing model.

Depends on how you define progress. I approve of blocking Dog boxes in the sky not fit for families.
    Whereas FG are using the shortage to line the pockets of Goldman Sachs at the tax payers expense.
    As oppose to luxury D4 apartments leased for 25 years?
    I wonder do the inventors of Ballymun not find it a bit weird to be accusing the opposition of following in their footsteps?
    Essentially you are complaining the opposition blocking new Ballymuns and then claiming they want them :rolleyes:

Regarding the article on Campbell on RTE today, will Varadkar be tweeting 'The DUP don't like black people'? I don't think so.

Depends on how you define progress. I approve of blocking Dog boxes in the sky not fit for families.
    Whereas FG are using the shortage to line the pockets of Goldman Sachs at the tax payers expense.
    As oppose to luxury D4 apartments leased for 25 years?
    I wonder do the inventors of Ballymun not find it a bit weird to be accusing the opposition of following in their footsteps?
    Essentially you are complaining the opposition blocking new Ballymuns and then claiming they want them :rolleyes:

Regarding the article on Campbell on RTE today, will Varadkar be tweeting 'The DUP don't like black people'? I don't think so.

Will FG be doing anything about recent DUP activity/

If Arlene can write to our CC demanding sanctions for a political party/politician here, how come FG in government are silent on the DUP effectively acting as the terrorist threat against EU (our) customs officials?

I'll tell you why, because of the links they have made. The 'bed they have chosen to lie in'.

If Arlene can write to our CC demanding sanctions for a political party/politician here, how come FG in government are silent on the DUP effectively acting as the terrorist threat against EU (our) customs officials?

I'll tell you why, because of the links they have made. The 'bed they have chosen to lie in'.

After a united Ireland the DUP/FG will be the main marriage of convenience. Their moves toward that show once again that political ethos and ethics are just a line of bull**** FG peddle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

After a united Ireland the DUP/FG will be the main marriage of convenience. Their moves toward that show once again that political ethos and ethics are just a line of bull**** FG peddle.

I think credibility is in short supply today.

I think credibility is in short supply today.

Opinions based on things that actually happened. The only credibility lacking is an effort to dismiss rather than discuss or even ignore.

FF linking with the SDLP and FG courting the DUP/UUP is what is happening in reality. No other way of viewing events.

Opinions based on things that actually happened. The only credibility lacking is an effort to dismiss rather than discuss or even ignore.
    FF linking with the SDLP and FG courting the DUP/UUP is what is happening in reality. No other way of viewing events.

Sorry lads, but you could get away with one or two posts about links between the DUP and FG being tongue-in-cheek, but repeated posts over a couple of days only expose the lack of credibility and sincerity in the posts.

Find something else to criticise them rather than made-up hyperbolic conspiracy theories about an FG/DUP "marriage of convenience".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

• Advertisement

Sorry lads, but you could get away with one or two posts about links between the DUP and FG being tongue-in-cheek, but repeated posts over a couple of days only expose the lack of credibility and sincerity in the posts.

Find something else to criticise them rather than made-up hyperbolic conspiracy theories about an FG/DUP "marriage of convenience".

Not a criticism at all, they are entitled to invite who they like and ally with who they like.
    The evidence is there that it is a natural link. Feighan, Bruton, Richmond etc. The fact many southern unionists all along the border and in Ireland and partitionists favour FG as political representation. I would also draw attention to how the closest thing FG have to a UIer- Simon Coveney phrased his answer to the question on the Commonwealth:
    Mr Coveney said that there is support in Fine Gael to look “anew at the Commonwealth” but that it’s not at a “majority support at this stage”.

'At this stage' would suggest to me that he is expecting it to be a majority opinion at some stage.

We've Richmond taking selfies with a DUP racist and the FG party proper inviting the DUP to their private conference. We've the FG membership cheering the suggestion Ireland should join the commonwealth.
    So you tell me how much of a stretch a FG/DUP coalition might be after a united Ireland? More likely than FF and FG after FG making a career on slagging off FF and stating they had us practically eating out of bins? Tell me, I'm curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

We've Richmond taking selfies with a DUP racist and the FG party proper inviting the DUP to their private conference. We've the FG membership cheering the suggestion Ireland should join the commonwealth.
    So you tell me how much of a stretch a FG/DUP coalition might be after a united Ireland? More likely than FF and FG after FG making a career on slagging off FF and stating they had us practically eating out of bins? Tell me, I'm curious.

Not one peep out of FG with the Gleannane gang documentary either. Radio silence from the party after it and let's not forget they put the main man Drew Harris in position as Garda Commissioner. Himself and Varadkar making unfounded accusations against SF right before the election was like something you'd see in a tinpot dictatorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »
    Not one peep out of FG with the Gleannane gang documentary either. Radio silence from the party after it and let's not forget they put the main man Drew Harris in position as Garda Commissioner. Himself and Varadkar making unfounded accusations against SF right before the election was like something you'd see in a tinpot dictatorship.

That is a lie smurge, sure didn't Chas "the black and tans are a great bunch of lads" Flannigan say something fairly high profile about it?

(In his own unique style)

Flanagan writes to RTÉ over 'fundamentally questionable' documentary on Loyalist murder gang

Wonder was there any letters on Dail headed paper at Michael Stone's parole hearing?

McMurphy wrote: »
    That is a lie smurge, sure didn't Chas "the black and tans are a great bunch of lads" Flannigan say something fairly high profile about it?

(In his own unique style)

Flanagan writes to RTÉ over 'fundamentally questionable' documentary on Loyalist murder gang

Equally accepting of current loyalist provocation as historic violence. Deplorable.

Interesting thing I seen while we're discussing loyalist gangs and Drew Harris. The actual murder weapon for the Ormeau Road massacre ended up on display in the Imperial War Museum in London after the Historical Enquiry Team couldn't find it. Such respect from victims from the PSNI.

"BBC Panorama has learned that investigators re-examining paramilitary murders in Northern Ireland found the gun on display in an exhibit on the Troubles.

The families of the murder victims had previously been told by the police that they had disposed of the weapon.

A senior officer says the Police Service of Northern Ireland fully supports an investigation into its history.

Forensic tests conducted in the 1990s showed the rifle was one of two weapons used in an attack on a Belfast betting shop in 1992.

Five Catholics, including a 15-year-old boy, were killed in the attack on the Ormeau Road by Protestant paramilitaries.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-32919223

Interesting thing I seen while we're discussing loyalist gangs and Drew Harris. The actual murder weapon for the Ormeau Road massacre ended up on display in the Imperial War Museum in London after the Historical Enquiry Team couldn't find it. Such respect from victims from the PSNI.

"BBC Panorama has learned that investigators re-examining paramilitary murders in Northern Ireland found the gun on display in an exhibit on the Troubles.

The families of the murder victims had previously been told by the police that they had disposed of the weapon.

A senior officer says the Police Service of Northern Ireland fully supports an investigation into its history.

Forensic tests conducted in the 1990s showed the rifle was one of two weapons used in an attack on a Belfast betting shop in 1992.

Five Catholics, including a 15-year-old boy, were killed in the attack on the Ormeau Road by Protestant paramilitaries.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-32919223

Charlie Flanagan wants to know, who wrote that article and what their connections are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Next they will be trying to link FG with Russia, oh wait :p

Next they will be trying to link FG with Russia, oh wait :p

You are mistaking Bishop's spin on comments with reality there chief ;)

I think FG getting pally with the DUP is enough don't you? I guess some racists, homophobes and climate change deniers are okay.

• Advertisement

You are mistaking Bishop's spin on comments with reality there chief ;)

I think FG getting pally with the DUP is enough don't you? I guess some racists, homophobes and climate change deniers are okay.

DUP aren't trying to get into coalition government with FG, but the racists, homophobes and climate change deniers in SF did try. Thankfully rebuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Richmond is more or less a loyalist. There's pictures of him at orange order parades in front of Cromwell flags.

Id like to see these pictures, id also like to see pictures that the earth is flat and that Covid-19 is a hoax.

Oh, this thread. Whatever it is, it's entertaining!!

DUP aren't trying to get into coalition government with FG, but the racists, homophobes and climate change deniers in SF did try. Thankfully rebuffed.

The DUP are known to be racists, homophobic, as party policy and notable climate change deniers at senior MLA level, they get a gig at the FG conferences...why is that? Can you explain?

Suckit wrote: »
    It usually means you are in support of/celebrating them..

Here is Martin McGuinness bowing in front of the Queen.
    I guess he is a monarchist now.

13f15cca5998a33b3b2fc9a3b6027330.jpg

Don't think SF would be looking to get into coalition with FG, dont think anyone would have voted for them if they had, SF /FF coalition was what the people wanted , FF picked wrong and will likely suffer badly from their association with FG,

markodaly wrote: »
    Id like to see these pictures, id also like to see pictures that the earth is flat and that Covid-19 is a hoax.

Oh, this thread. Whatever it is, it's entertaining!!

Didn't Sammy come near enough to calling Covid a hoax and refuse to wear a mask?

The DUP are known to be racists, homophobic, as party policy and notable climate change deniers at senior MLA level, they get a gig at the FG conferences...why is that? Can you explain?

Think explaining how monarchists like Flanagan and Kneel Richmond are in FG, Dont they have some sort of membership test,

Didn't Sammy come near enough to calling Covid a hoax and refuse to wear a mask?

Wandering around in the nip at his age, Covid would be the least of his worries

It is very simple Francie.

There are two world views as to what a UI entails.

One, the SF 'up da Ra!' one, would like the Unionists to **** off on a boat back to Scotland or England and we just subsume the 6 counties like some kind of Russian annexation. They see UI as putting the boot on Unionist necks, as a conquest of sorts and they see those who get in the way as 'traitors' and Unionists as 'others'.

The second one sees UI as a unification of peoples, first and foremost, therefore one has to build bridges with these people as one day we will have to live side by side with them in common harmony and good as a single nation-state. These people may have a very different interpretation of Irish history as most others in Ireland do. Therefore these meetings is just one small cog in the overall mechanism to achieve this.

I know if the SF world, ethnic cleaning if available would be a lovely option, sure you even brought it up yourself before half-joking/half serious, but in the real world, if a UI is to be a success, we need to build bridges, not kill each other.

I personally would prefer a political party to build bridges with the other side.

So, its very simple.
    It's even simpler, if you ask the question, 'What would Mandalla do?'

• Advertisement

And?

Start a DUP thread why don't you?

Advertisement