Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    It is very simple Francie.

There are two world views as to what a UI entails.

One, the SF 'up da Ra!' one, would like the Unionists to **** off on a boat back to Scotland or England and we just subsume the 6 counties like some kind of Russian annexation. They see UI as putting the boot on Unionist necks, as a conquest of sorts and they see those who get in the way as 'traitors' and Unionists as 'others'.

The second one sees UI as a unification of peoples, first and foremost, therefore one has to build bridges with these people as one day we will have to live side by side with them in common harmony and good as a single nation-state. These people may have a very different interpretation of Irish history as most others in Ireland do. Therefore these meetings is just one small cog in the overall mechanism to achieve this.

I know if the SF world, ethnic cleaning if available would be a lovely option, sure you even brought it up yourself before half-joking/half serious, but in the real world, if a UI is to be a success, we need to build bridges, not kill each other.

I personally would prefer a political party to build bridges with the other side.

So, its very simple.
    It's even simpler, if you ask the question, 'What would Mandalla do?'

So does the second one include SF and it's voters too?

How come they don't get invited by this party that wants to 'unite people and build an inclusive united island'?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Id like to see these pictures, id also like to see pictures that the earth is flat and that Covid-19 is a hoax.

Oh, this thread. Whatever it is, it's entertaining!!

Few pages back for him in front of the Cromwell flags buddy. Anyway here's another one for ya. Seems like they were keen supporters of the Campaign for Leo.

https://twitter.com/nealerichmond/status/1067075310598918144?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

One, the SF 'up da Ra!' one, would like the Unionists to **** off on a boat back to Scotland or England and we just subsume the 6 counties like some kind of Russian annexation. They see UI as putting the boot on Unionist necks, as a conquest of sorts and they see those who get in the way as 'traitors' and Unionists as 'others'.

The second one sees UI as a unification of peoples, first and foremost, therefore one has to build bridges with these people as one day we will have to live side by side with them in common harmony and good as a single nation-state. These people may have a very different interpretation of Irish history as most others in Ireland do. Therefore these meetings is just one small cog in the overall mechanism to achieve this.

I know if the SF world, ethnic cleaning if available would be a lovely option, sure you even brought it up yourself before half-joking/half serious, but in the real world, if a UI is to be a success, we need to build bridges, not kill each other.

I personally would prefer a political party to build bridges with the other side.

So, its very simple.

if you want to build bridges start with the UUP and Alliance not f##king headbanging Krackers,

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    Few pages back for him in front of the Cromwell flags buddy. Anyway here's another one for ya. Seems like they were keen supporters of the Campaign for Leo.

Does anyone else find it a little strange that Neale Richmond's Twitter account is quoted so often on here by followers of Sinn Fein?

Would it have anything to do with his religious beliefs?

So, its very simple.

I don't want an Irish party that builds bridges with extreme bigots and basically white supremacists. Who's traditions include burning our national flag annually. Who burn effigies of political opponents. I would rather people like those are dealt with by the police and call out with as much rigour as those of a republican background. There's a place in a United Ireland for everyone once the follow the law and respect neighbouring communities. We don't need to cower to extremism from any background and appeasing loyalists terrorists is unacceptable.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it a little strange that Neale Richmond's Twitter account is quoted so often on here by followers of Sinn Fein?

First the fretting over how often Leo is mentioned on a FG thread, now fretting over Neale Richmond getting a few mentions when the conversation turns to discussion of FG's links to Northern Unionism and the Orange order.

Would it ever occur to you that FG is the common denominator.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Oh the scandal! Posing with some Irish people in Cavan! Whatever next.

I know it is hard for some ardent 'Up da Ra' types to acknowledge but there is a different political and cultural tradition in Ireland.

The question is, what do you want to do with that?

Send them off on a boat to Scotland, or work with it and build some unity for this famous United Ireland so many want to work towards?

Neale Richmond isn't a Catholic, indeed one of the few protestants in the Dail, not that it really matters, but for some, SF 'Up da Ra' types it of course does. It means he isn't really Irish because his grandparents or whatever werent dying the 1916 rubble for Irish 'freedom'

Him not being a Catholic, but being a protestant is a red rag to a bull, the same way Hazel Chu being of Chinese origin is a red rag to a bull. Same type of people get angry by this stuff. For most people, they don't care.

Draw your own conclusions there.

I know it is hard for some ardent 'Up da Ra' types to acknowledge but there is a different political and cultural tradition in Ireland.

Send them off on a boat to Scotland, or work with it and build some unity for this famous United Ireland so many want to work towards?

I have zero issue with Neale's heritage.

I do have issue with support and legitimisation of the bigotry of the DUP.

I think FG have gotten too close to them and are now finding it difficult to call them out.

If I am wrong, why is there no condemnation of Edwin Poots acting as a terrorist and enflaming tensions in the north? Why no comment on Campbell, when nearly everyone else has criticised him?

I don't want an Irish party that builds bridges with extreme bigots and basically white supremacists. Who's traditions include burning our national flag annually. Who burn effigies of political opponents. I would rather people like those are dealt with by the police and call out with as much rigour as those of a republican background. There's a place in a United Ireland for everyone once the follow the law and respect neighbouring communities. We don't need to cower to extremism from any background and appeasing loyalists terrorists is unacceptable.

Excellent strawman there, Loyalists != DUP the same way New IRA != to SF or are you saying they are all the same? Maybe they are :D:D:D

In that case, why unite with these people?

Congrats, you made an excellent case NOT to Untie Ireland!! :)

• Advertisement

I don't think Scotland wants bigots either. I have no problem with British traditions. Burning Irish flags burning effigies spray painting sectarian slurs are not British traditions. Are you comfortable with those types of behavior as FG seem to be? They only seemed to get animated when some Leo related spray paint went up.

Ireland for the Irish, that's their slogan.

Nobody else welcome.

If you are Protestant, you are a target.

If you are gay and of Indian heritage, you are a target.

I had been aware of the problems that people had with Leo, but had to look up Neale Richmond to see what the issue with him was.

Excellent strawman there, Loyalists != DUP the same way New IRA != to SF or are you saying they are all the same? Maybe they are :D:D:D

In that case, why unite with these people?

Congrats, you made an excellent case NOT to Untie Ireland!! :)

Where did you extrapolate Loyalist=DUP from the post you quoted? Posting seems to be all over the place.

I have zero issue with Neale's heritage.

Oh yes you do!! You just won't admit it publicly.
    I do have issue with support and legitimisation of the bigotry of the DUP.

I am not a fan of the DUP, but they do exist and do have a mandate.
    As per bigotry, SF are known for it as well.

?width=375&version=2080394

SF and the DUP are brothers in arms, IMO.
    I think FG have gotten too close to them and are now finding it difficult to call them out.

Too close? LOL, tell me how?

Try harder Francie, try a lot harder!! :):)
    If I am wrong, why is there no condemnation of Edwin Poots acting as a terrorist and enflaming tensions in the north? Why no comment on Campbell, when nearly everyone else has criticised him?

Have Labour, PBP, SOL, The Greens, FF, SD's and all Indepdendants commented on the above, but not FG??

If so, you may have a point, if not, you are just making **** up again and passing it off as 'your right to have an opinion'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Here is Martin McGuinness bowing in front of the Queen.
    I guess he is a monarchist now.
    That is a very poor attempt at a comparison. Similar to a response I would expect from a troll scraping the bottom of the barrel in an attempt to get any sort of reaction and failing miserably.

Ireland for the Irish, that's their slogan.

Nobody else welcome.

If you are Protestant, you are a target.

If you are gay and of Indian heritage, you are a target.

I had been aware of the problems that people had with Leo, but had to look up Neale Richmond to see what the issue with him was.

The more they deny it, the more they can't help themselves.
    The more evidence we see from the SF likes of Stanley and Holohan, the more bull**** gets written online and the more excuses we see.

It's delightful to see actually, as the veneer is wearing thinner by the day.

SF leadership are stuck with these people, but what can they do. They whipped it up and are now responsible for it. Might get them some angry votes alright, but when it comes time for SF to govern, god help them!! :P

Neale Richmond isn't a Catholic, indeed one of the few protestants in the Dail, not that it really matters, but for some, SF 'Up da Ra' types it of course does. It means he isn't really Irish because his grandparents or whatever werent dying the 1916 rubble for Irish 'freedom'

Him not being a Catholic, but being a protestant is a red rag to a bull, the same way Hazel Chu being of Chinese origin is a red rag to a bull. Same type of people get angry by this stuff. For most people, they don't care.

Draw your own conclusions there.

Hazel Chu, that makes sense too, her own thread, full of dreadful stuff.

Difference from the Gaelic norm isn't liked.

Have Labour, PBP, SOL, The Greens, FF, SD's and all Indepdendants commented on the above, but not FG??

If so, you may have a point, if not, you are just making **** up again and passing it off as 'your right to have an opinion'.

Mark...FG are not inviting SF to speak at their conferences. Please don't start trying to deflect the conversation.

FG chose to exclude certain parties and have no issue inviting ex UDR DUP members to address them and to give them rousing rounds of applause. They also are remiss in calling out actions by this party while having plenty to say about others.

Your comment on that please.

Suckit wrote: »
    That is a very poor attempt at a comparison. Similar to a response I would expect from a troll scraping the bottom of the barrel in an attempt to get any sort of reaction and failing miserably.

No its quite apt.

DUP member (along with other invited MLA members from Alliance and SDLP) speaks at an FG conference, obviously infers that FG are monarchists and stand for everything the DUP stand for...

SF legend that is Martin McGuinness, bowing in from of her Majesty the Queen, commander of all Britsh Military forces, obviously infers he is a monarchist...

Here is a clue, stop making stupid arguments that can be used against you.

Really? 2019

"THE DUP HAS defended two of its councillors who were criticised for posing for photographs as the Irish national flag was burned on a bonfire.

Margaret Tinsley, who is deputy lord mayor of Armagh, posted the photo of herself and her husband beside the Edenderry bonfire in Portadown, Co Armagh on Monday. "

In a United Ireland I would expect the government of the day be the SF/FF or even FG to apply hate law on displays such as this. Or is this acceptable to you?

https://www.thejournal.ie/edenderry-bonfire-margaret-tinsely-dup-4711969-Jul2019/?section=comment#comments

• Advertisement

Mark...FG are not inviting SF to speak at their conferences. Please don't start trying to deflect the conversation.

Has SF invited FG to speak at their conferences? If not, then its a bull**** question.

You do know that the DUP was not the only party from Northern Ireland invited to that conference, right.
    The SDLP and Alliance were also there.

that murder weapon was handed to loyalist twice by british security forces

Once by the army in the 70s and was taken back at a checkpoint stopping the uvf (son of an ruc officer in possession btw)

Several months before the massacre it was still in the ruc evidence room,but made its way back to loyalists (uda) and was used at least twice more after the attack

People will turn a blind eye to the above and critise the ira for taking out raymond elder and joe bratty,the perpetators of that and several other killings

Didn't know that. I suppose if Drew Harris didn't pull the plug on the HET we'd know more about this type of collusion. The fact that he was put in place as our Commissioner is incredible to me. FG love a political plant. A straight shooter that would play by the rules and do the job within scope and with integrity wouldn't interest them.

FG chose to exclude certain parties and have no issue inviting ex UDR DUP members to address them and to give them rousing rounds of applause. They also are remiss in calling out actions by this party while having plenty to say about others.

Your comment on that please.

Of course not, Sinn Fein are too busy bowing to the Queen to have time to attend FG conferences.

To an outsider, it would look like FG are trying to build bridges for a united Ireland, while SF are trying to slide us back under British rule. Thankfully such an outsider would be quickly sent for re-education.

No its quite apt.

DUP member (along with other invited MLA members from Alliance and SDLP) speaks at an FG conference, obviously infers that FG are monarchists and stand for everything the DUP stand for...

SF legend that is Martin McGuinness, bowing in from of her Majesty the Queen, commander of all Britsh Military forces, obviously infers he is a monarchist...

Here is a clue, stop making stupid arguments that can be used against you.
    Apt? Your grasp of the English language is failing you here.
    Who/where was any argument made, and what what used against me?
    Again, there is no comparison with Former Sinn Fein deputy bowing in front of the Queen at a State banquet, and anybody attending a demonstration anywhere..
    Nor is a picture of him bowing 'apt' to a conversation about people attending a demonstration.

Suckit wrote: »
    Apt? Your grasp of the English language is failing you here.
    Who/where was any argument made, and what what used against me?
    Again, there is no comparison with Former Sinn Fein deputy bowing in front of the Queen at a State banquet, and anybody attending a demonstration anywhere..
    Nor is a picture of him bowing 'apt' to a conversation about people attending a demonstration.

Demonstration? You lost me.

Of course not, Sinn Fein are too busy bowing to the Queen to have time to attend FG conferences.

To an outsider, it would look like FG are trying to build bridges for a united Ireland, while SF are trying to slide us back under British rule. Thankfully such an outsider would be quickly sent for re-education.

:D:D:pac::pac:
    The Trolls are out in force. Repeating something for a reaction.. I'm finding this hilarious.
    Bad trolling.

Whiff of desperate.

Demonstration? You lost me.
    If I lost you there, how in the name of anything can you say it was apt?

Did you read any of the other posts relating to that conversation? :rolleyes:

Has SF invited FG to speak at their conferences? If not, then its a bull**** question.

I don't know and that is a subject for a SF thread.
    You do know that the DUP was not the only party from Northern Ireland invited to that conference, right.
    The SDLP and Alliance were also there.
    Yes, I do know that.

I asked you to comment on an ex UDR DUP member speaking at a FG conference, and the seeming silence from FG in the face of extreme and dangerous actions of the DUP currently not to mention past actions and policies of the DUP.

Can you comment on that please?

I don't know and that is a subject for a SF thread.

Yes, I do know that.

I asked you to comment on an ex UDR DUP member speaking at a FG conference, and the seeming silence from FG in the face of extreme and dangerous actions of the DUP currently not to mention past actions and policies of the DUP.

Can you comment on that please?

You have previously lauded John Hume for talking to Gerry Adams and the IRA at a time when the IRA had done far worse.

Surely, you should be welcoming FG doing the same with the extremists of the DUP?

• Advertisement

I gotta say Simon Harris has some neck criticising government communication for two reasons. One his own communication when he was in government was non existent at times. Two he is in government.

"Former health minister Simon Harris has criticised communications around the Government’s Covid-19 vaccination plan, saying the public do not know enough about it.

Mr Harris was among a number of Fine Gael TDs to raise criticism and, at a parliamentary party meeting today, said that communications needed to be improved."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/simon-harris-criticises-communication-of-vaccine-plan-saying-public-feel-like-theyve-been-left-in-the-dark-39962259.html

Advertisement