Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,739 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Of course not, Sinn Fein are too busy bowing to the Queen to have time to attend FG conferences.

To an outsider, it would look like FG are trying to build bridges for a united Ireland, while SF are trying to slide us back under British rule. Thankfully such an outsider would be quickly sent for re-education.

Same question for you as Mark...what is FG's plan for SF and it's supporters in this United Ireland...continued exclusion, at the behest of the DUP who curiously and coincidently feel the same way about SF as FG. Yet another link/alignment there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Same question for you as Mark...what is FG's plan for SF and it's supporters in this United Ireland...continued exclusion, at the behest of the DUP who curiously and coincidently feel the same way about SF as FG. Yet another link/alignment there.

I would guess that FG's plan For SF is for it to fade away back to nothing.

As for SF supporters, they are part of this island's future, no matter what that is, and whether they like it or not.

You have previously lauded John Hume for talking to Gerry Adams and the IRA at a time when the IRA had done far worse.

Surely, you should be welcoming FG doing the same with the extremists of the DUP?

Absolutely. And Hume had no problem criticising SF and the IRA and vice versa.
    Their collaboration was mutual, neither embraced the others politics/beliefs and fell silent.
    FG did not engage with the DUP and attempt to change their outlook, they wanted to hear what the DUP had to say and applauded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Their collaboration was mutual, neither embraced the others politics/beliefs and fell silent.
    FG did not engage with the DUP and attempt to change their outlook, they wanted to hear what the DUP had to say and applauded it.

It's the enemy of my enemy act they've done for years and now it's awkwardly run out of road.

I would guess that FG's plan For SF is for it to fade away back to nothing.

As for SF supporters, they are part of this island's future, no matter what that is, and whether they like it or not.

But they see a future for the bigotry and supremacism of the DUP? Interesting.
    Interesting that they require republicans to change but they have placed no onus on belligerent Unionism to change.

That explains a lot actually about the Ireland they want.

• Advertisement

Where did Neale Richmond get the information the Russian vaccine was proven not to work? I've seen positive word from Europe on this and it's being studied by EMA. I think Hungary is already signed up for it.

https://twitter.com/MarkAgitprop/status/1359084570721849345?s=19

Take it up with FG if you think it is that important.

smurgen wrote: »
    Where did Neale Richmond get the information the Russian vaccine was proven not to work? I've seen positive word from Europe on this and it's being studied by EMA. I think Hungry is already signed up for it.

https://twitter.com/MarkAgitprop/status/1359084570721849345?s=19

Is every single Neale Richmond tweet going to appear here now?

It seems the fixation with him is getting deeper.

Take it up with FG if you think it is that important.

Well I have tried to discuss it on here. But keep getting people trying to divert to SF for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Yes, I do know that.

Good, then you will know that FG will talk to anyone across the border, in an effort to build trust and unity. Or... they could do what SF have done for 20 odd years, demonise and bully.

Not a good way to try and build unity now is it?

• Advertisement

You have previously lauded John Hume for talking to Gerry Adams and the IRA at a time when the IRA had done far worse.

Surely, you should be welcoming FG doing the same with the extremists of the DUP?

Good point.

SF was jumping up and down like a bold child, that they were excluded from peace talks when at the same time the SF/PIRA were planning and executing murders of political opponents.

If it's good enough to talk to SF then, surely it's good enough to talk to the DUP now. Or are we through the looking glass?

markodaly wrote: »
    Good, then you will know that FG will talk to anyone across the border, in an effort to build trust and unity. Or... they could do what SF have done for 20 odd years, demonise and bully.

That is the point Mark...they are NOT talking to the DUP about unity or anything else, they are listening to the DUP and applauding them.
    They are not trying to moderate the DUP.

You are a FG supporter, DO YOU think the DUP need to be told to moderate their approach and modernise their policy and party? DO you think their behaviour is acceptable on this island since 2016? Should they be excluded for ramping up tensions in a criminally dangerous way for EU (our) Customs officials?
    What your red line with these guys as a FG supporter because it looks very very hazy to me.

Could you answer those questions without reference to SF or any other deflection?

That is the point Mark...they are NOT talking to the DUP about unity or anything else, they are listening to the DUP and applauding them.

That is a disingenuous take on it, but par of the course.
    It is better to listen and understand then try to demonise. Just ask Mandela.

Would you rather all parties in the south freeze them out? That would put your unity agenda back, you do know that right?

Anyway, why would it be FG's job to moderate them? Sure SF are in government with them... :D:pac:

That is a disingenuous take on it, but par of the course.
    It is better to listen and understand then try to demonise. Just ask Mandela.

Would you rather all parties in the south freeze them out? That would put your unity agenda back, you do know that right?

Anyway, why would it be FG's job to moderate them? Sure SF are in government with them... :D:pac:

The arrogant way you cut out and avoided the questions asked, reveals all.

Bizarre really, hugely sensitive to anyone calling attention to the clear links and alignment of interests here.

Night all.

The arrogant way you cut out and avoided the questions asked, reveals all.

Bizarre really, hugely sensitive to anyone calling attention to the clear links and alignment of interests here.

Night all.

I answered all the questions asked that are not disingenuous and this whole line of questions, linking FG and the DUP as some conjoined twins is disingenuous.

But, I know where it comes from, it comes from the 'West Brit', 'Castle Catholic' frame of mind by many 'Up da Ra' types. One must not even speak to the DUP as that is a sin against Ireland, and if you do, you are an outcast from all Ireland holds dear.

Anyone who doesn't bleed green is an enemy and traitor, so FG and the DUP are all the same.

So in summary, this is a nonsense debate brought up by the same few posters to 'otherise' FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

And?

Start a DUP thread why don't you?

You know this isn't a SF thread right?

Is every single Neale Richmond tweet going to appear here now?

It seems the fixation with him is getting deeper.

So we can't talk about Leo or Neale....if only there was a FG thread....

FG don't demonise SF? Hilarious.

Does anyone else find it a little strange that Neale Richmond's Twitter account is quoted so often on here by followers of Sinn Fein?

Would it have anything to do with his religious beliefs?

Desperate. I assume he's C of I or something?
    Maybe its to do with him hanging out with a racist at an orange march?
    I think its despicable the way you use people to try raise some kind of controversy. Like Leo, if Neale acts the tit it'll come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Suckit wrote: »
    :D:D:pac::pac:
    The Trolls are out in force. Repeating something for a reaction.. I'm finding this hilarious.
    Bad trolling.

Whiff of desperate.

Mod: Wind it in with the accusations of trolling.

• Advertisement

Desperate. I assume he's C of I or something?
    Maybe its to do with him hanging out with a racist at an orange march?
    I think its despicable the way you use people to try raise some kind of controversy. Like Leo, if Neale acts the tit it'll come up.

Haha couldn't be the fact that he's on twitter non stop and is like a charicature narcissistic politicians. Bit of occam's razor wouldn't go astray in here.

You are a FG supporter, DO YOU think the DUP need to be told to moderate their approach and modernise their policy and party? DO you think their behaviour is acceptable on this island since 2016? Should they be excluded for ramping up tensions in a criminally dangerous way for EU (our) Customs officials?
    What your red line with these guys as a FG supporter because it looks very very hazy to me.

Could you answer those questions without reference to SF or any other deflection?

Before you talk, you listen. That is the key to diplomacy.

I know you prefer if FG were talking at the DUP and lecturing them, but as we saw when SF tried to tell everyone they won the election when they didn't, that type of talking at people doesn't work.

Before you talk, you listen. That is the key to diplomacy.

I know you prefer if FG were talking at the DUP and lecturing them, but as we saw when SF tried to tell everyone they won the election when they didn't, that type of talking at people doesn't work.

Shouldn't FG be listening to the party with the biggest vote and not the other way around? FG are the third smallest party here.

Getting above their station?

Personally I find it absolutely amazing that a party like FG, that is so quick to rush to the high moral ground and lecture all and sundry has been so quiet about the activities of the DUP.
    They definitely stand idly by when it comes to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Do you think Ireland is a dictatorship or something? you seem to think, and others, whatever Sinn Fein say is right and everyone else has to do it. Which is a load of poo. Ireland and Northern Ireland is a democracy, end of story.

Shouldn't FG be listening to the party with the biggest vote and not the other way around? FG are the third smallest party here.

Getting above their station?

Personally I find it absolutely amazing that a party like FG, that is so quick to rush to the high moral ground and lecture all and sundry has been so quiet about the activities of the DUP.
    They definitely stand idly by when it comes to them.

FG see themselves as representing the nationalist view, and why shouldn't they?

They are showing SF how to reach out. It is SF who should be learning from what FG are doing.

They are showing SF how to reach out. It is SF who should be learning from what FG are doing.

FG lecture others from the high moral ground and as is their right, criticise others. But not the DUP, even when the DUP invent threats to our custom officials and dangerously ramp up tensions.
    That says all you need to know about the links they have made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

There was nothing nationalist about trying to commemorate the black and tans - that went well. :eek:

Why dont they run canditdates in the 6 counties,in place of proclaiming themselves as representives of nationlists??

If they honest about wanting to reach out to members of society,they woild have representives of pavee point at their ard feis aswell,its shallow virtue signalling,is all it is

They don't run because they view the north as Unionists do; it is 'overseas' or another country. They 'won't run' as that would impinge on the votes of their 'friends'. From Jeffrey's applauded speech at the keynote FG conference of that year:
    “ I’m delighted to be here today talking to our friends in Fine Gael about all kinds of things, including future relations . . . It’s all about strengthening relations and that whatever happens with Brexit we still want to be good neighbours and we want to work towards the common good.”

When Jeffrey says 'our' he is not talking about personal relationships but party relationships.

McMurphy wrote: »
    There was nothing nationalist about trying to commemorate the black and tans - that went well. :eek:

anyone who dared questioned this are "sinister elements" who need to be shut down

When in reality,it just highlighted the shallow virtue signalling of FFG,they rammed through commerating brits killed in 1916,

but for fear of damage electorally,they walked away from this.....if this had been 2 - 3 years from an election,they'd have rammed it through and called anyone opposed a bigot,or some such pronoun to shut down debate

• Advertisement

anyone who dared questioned this are "sinister elements" who need to be shut down

When in reality,it just highlighted the shallow virtue signalling of FFG,they rammed through commerating brits killed in 1916,

but for fear of damage electorally,they walked away from this.....if this had been 2 - 3 years from an election,they'd have rammed it through and called anyone opposed a bigot,or some such pronoun to shut down debate

I would add to the B&T thing their desire/demand to ban the wearing of the Easter Lily in the Dáil but no problem if you want to wear a poppy, in fact they campaign for the poppy to be worn by more people.

Advertisement