Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,734 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yes because some lad on boards knows what FG party wanted.
    The links to DUP now is getting tiresome as it is just the latest rubbish the SF supporters have come up with. Bored of all the homophobic attacks on Leo and now moved onto this? #politicsofhatred

Are you accusing me of making homophobic attacks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Are you accusing me of making homophobic attacks?

No I didn't accuse you of anything.

No I didn't accuse you of anything.

What relevance has it in reply to my post then? Instead of inventing windmills to tilt at, maybe deal with what is actually being said.

What relevance has it in reply to my post then? Instead of inventing windmills to tilt at, maybe deal with what is actually being said.

What relevance does a DUP/FG link have to anything going on in Rep of Ireland now with the pandemic?
    One minute you wanted a United Ireland, next minute you don't want the political parties talking.
    One minute you want a joint policy on Covid, but you don't want two parties in government on either side of border talking. Which is it?

How so

Your happy to label people aa x,y and z.....outline yous logic

Which part of your post was not filled with hate for a section of the community?

• Advertisement

What relevance does a DUP/FG link have to anything going on in Rep of Ireland now with the pandemic?
    One minute you wanted a United Ireland, next minute you don't want the political parties talking.
    One minute you want a joint policy on Covid, but you don't want two parties in government on either side of border talking. Which is it?

You don't set the agenda. If you can't see any relevance, don't comment. Loads of stuff being posted I don't see the relevance of and pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

None of it.....i mean,if the orange order want to carry on like savages,abitted and cheered on by ffg,dont see point in hiding behind political correctness in questioning it??

You guys are proud as punch of your claimed bridge building,own it & all that geos with it

Shouting "Up da Ra" would be classed as "carry on like savages" to a lot of people.

What is your alternative to building bridges with a sections of the community?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,233 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Shouting "Up da Ra" would be classed as "carry on like savages" to a lot of people.

Or white-shirts marching in military formation beside a coffin of a criminal thug decorated with a tricolour in the middle of a pandemic would be classed as "carry on like savages" to an awful lot of people.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Or white-shirts marching in military formation beside a coffin of a criminal thug decorated with a tricolour in the middle of a pandemic would be classed as "carry on like savages" to an awful lot of people.

So where are these morals when it comes to the DUP...the subject of the discussion?

Are you equating shouting 'up the 'ra' in a private setting with decades of bigotry and the deprivation of rights to multitudes of people based on your religious fundamentalism and the depriving of cultural rights based on your cultural suprematist ideology?

• Advertisement

So where are these morals when it comes to the DUP...the subject of the discussion?

Are you equating shouting 'up the 'ra' in a private setting with decades of bigotry and the deprivation of rights to multitudes of people based on your religious fundamentalism and the depriving of cultural rights based on your cultural suprematist ideology?

"Up the Ra" is a celebration of decades of murder and terrorism of people in your own community by a gang of thugs. That is why we condemn it.

Why you excuse it is your business.

"Up the Ra" is a celebration of decades of murder and terrorism of people in your own community by a gang of thugs. That is why we condemn it.

Which 'RA? The good one we have been commemorating officially or the bad one?

You'll note, none of my criticism of the alliance of FG with the DUP is based on the militant backgrounds of either, but on the ongoing bigotry and suprematist antics of the DUP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Ah I see Joesepha has sorted the walking and cycling infrastructure projects after all the late night negotiations and planning on the matter. How does one person achieve so much? Fair play to her.

https://twitter.com/josephamadigan/status/1359830077731713025?s=09

smurgen wrote: »
    Ah I see Joesepha has sorted the walking and cycling infrastructure projects after all the late night negotiations and planning on the matter. How does one person achieve so much? Fair play to her.

https://twitter.com/josephamadigan/status/1359830077731713025?s=09

Another Twitter link without context.

Can you tell us what the issues are and give some detail?

Agh yeah....always someone else to blame and pivot away from ownership of your words as per usual....just knew it was david cullinane was respomsible for FG members attending orange parades

Nowhere have i said,they shouldnt be bridges built,just that orange order deosnt represent anything other than 1% of unionism....they wouldnt fill the hogan stand with its membership

Do you think the politian who suggested the orange order be invited to march in waterford,should be condemned or congratulated??

I am not blaming anyone, you make accusations about the DUP and they can make accusations back. This is the standard politics of SF which is built on hatred. The adults move on and try to build bridges. Not sure how you are confused by this concept?

What difference would it make to people if the Orange order march's in Waterford?
    Go back a few years ago and people condemned LGBTQ when they marched. Not everyone has to be stuck in the past

Another Twitter link without context.

Can you tell us what the issues are and give some detail?

Woman Tick
    FG tick
    #politicofhatred

• Registered Users Posts: 47 eireholidays

I shout up the Ra to celebrate the Easter Rising. Am I bold too?

I am not blaming anyone, you make accusations about the DUP and they can make accusations back. This is the standard politics of SF which is built on hatred. The adults move on and try to build bridges. Not sure how you are confused by this concept?

What difference would it make to people if the Orange order march's in Waterford?
    Go back a few years ago and people condemned LGBTQ when they marched. Not everyone has to be stuck in the past

So if somebody 'built a bridge with the KKK, you would be ok with them marching on the streets of Texas or Tennessee, or even being invited here for the St. Patrick's Day parade?

Am I doing 'bridge building' and 'forgetting the past' right here?

Woman Tick
    FG tick
    #politicofhatred

I have no issue of women in politics? Is this projection? It's the FG marketing I'm finding amusing. Her face inserted into something she'd very little/nothing to do with just like Neale Richmond's marketing. It's bananas.

So if somebody 'built a bridge with the KKK, you would be ok with them marching on the streets of Texas or Tennessee, or even being invited here for the St. Patrick's Day parade?

Am I doing 'bridge building' and 'forgetting the past' right here?

A new low for this thread, trying to compare a community in Ireland to the KKK. #politicofhatred

• Advertisement

I feel the orange order in terms of ethos,methodolgy and decourum are a fair comparison to the kkk

Its quite ill informed to label unionism.as equal to orange order though,as many find their carry on off putting and embarassing

I said a community which is what the Orange order and members are. You came to the other assumption all on your own.

A new low for this thread, trying to compare a community in Ireland to the KKK. #politicofhatred

The KKK was a community too. Here's one of their 'day's out'. Remind you of anything?

GCXZXCMHVU5JDAPJC44R4YXXIE.jpg

Leo in the Dail today, "There is little point in reopening things that you then have to close three weeks later"

Has he been on the beer for the last month or 2? That is exactly what they did at Christmas

How can anyone take him serious, good job the younger generation dont care about him.

Bad take from Varadkar here. Wasn't he the man who reopended for three weeks in December?

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1359839960019464193?s=19

Leo in the Dail today, "There is little point in reopening things that you then have to close three weeks later"

Has he been on the beer for the last month or 2? That is exactly what they did at Christmas

How can anyone take him serious, good job the younger generation dont care about him.

You are posting about him and everyone else seems to have a very strange obsession with him so they do seem to care.

Might be worth pointing out all the parties in government, with the support of opposition decided to open in December.

You are posting about him and everyone else seems to have a very strange obsession with him so they do seem to care.

Might be worth pointing out all the parties in government, with the support of opposition decided to open in December.

No people just call him out on his lies

Paul Murphy did not support it and more. So not everyone supported it.

The KKK was a community too. Here's one of their 'day's out'. Remind you of anything?

GCXZXCMHVU5JDAPJC44R4YXXIE.jpg

There was a picture of a funeral recently with a whole group of guys dressed in white shirts. Immediately came to mind when you asked.

Be careful, you are only new here, and there is a virus going around on these boards, where Leo gets into the heads of posters and infects them to the extent that they can think and post about little else.

Be careful, you are only new here, and there is a virus going around on these boards, where Leo gets into the heads of posters and infects them to the extent that they can think and post about little else.

Ive been reading your posts and every 2nd one is to try and belittle anyone who calls the Govt out on anything from leaking documents, Golfgate, Mixed messaging, Mother and Baby Homes.

Il not be taking any advice from yourself

Even in reply to my post, you ignore what my post is about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Everyone has refused to deal with SF. Maybe the problem is not with every other party but with SF? what do you think?

What happened was FG invited the DUP to their private member conference. It was suggested it might be FG reaching out to the DUP. As you followed on suggesting it was mature and moving on...I suggested this was complete bollo and as you mention above, because FG wouldn't talk to SF a party actually in their own jurisdiction. Even Donaldson of the DUP said FF/FG were hypocrites.
    As you learned the other day the DUP deal with SF as do others.

Advertisement