Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Better than having sectarian killers in your ranks who become elected political representatives on behalf of your organisation.

So can you clarify; shadowy figures who have committed murder are preferable to people who may have but have publicly renounced violence and ran for public office to be democratically elected to represent the people?
    Bizarre.

You'd have more time for ex-IRA if they had of kept up the sectarianism and said no to the GFA? Is that really why youse made Cahill a senator?

It doesn't actually, because it is impossible to prove how any single individual voted.

We'd one poster, comment unhindered, that SF voters were all 'scroungers'. As I pointed out to that gent, many would have voted for other parties in other elections and may do again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

We'd one poster, comment unhindered, that SF voters were all 'scroungers'. As I pointed out to that gent, many would have voted for other parties in other elections and may do again.

It is an assumption the poster made, a wrong one but are you trying to tell me anyone with a decent job voted SF?
    Especially when the whole manifesto was to take money off people working? they should have just out on the front of it "Screw the worker"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,729 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It doesn't actually, because it is impossible to prove how any single individual voted.

Doesnt stop you making what you think are demeaning insinuations though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Wonder will FF/FG copy the unionists and not run against each other in marginal constituencies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,230 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Doesnt stop you making what you think are demeaning insinuations though.

No insinuations in bare facts.

As I said, it is a FACT that is mathematically possible that everyone who voted Sinn Fein in the last election was receiving a weekly social welfare payment.

Point to any holes in that statement.

So can you clarify; shadowy figures who have committed murder are preferable to people who may have but have publicly renounced violence and ran for public office to be democratically elected to represent the people?
    Bizarre.

You'd have more time for ex-IRA if they had of kept up the sectarianism and said no to the GFA? Is that really why youse made Cahill a senator?

Is this the latest crazy insinuation? That somehow Mairia Cahill is equivalent to Dessie Ellis in terms of bomb-making?

Is this the latest crazy insinuation? That somehow Mairia Cahill is equivalent to Dessie Ellis in terms of bomb-making?

You said what you said. You prefer killers in organisations than people who renounced violence and took the democratic path.
    That's not an insinuation it's reading your post regarding the sectarian killers within the ranks of the OO:
    Better than having sectarian killers in your ranks who become elected political representatives on behalf of your organisation.

You said what you said. You prefer killers in organisations than people who renounced violence and took the democratic path.
    That's not an insinuation it's reading your post regarding the sectarian killers within the ranks of the OO:

And you then referenced Mairia Cahill.

So own your comment or retract it. You have implied that Mairia Cahill is a sectarian killer in another low attempt to smear the woman.

And you then referenced Mairia Cahill.

So own your comment or retract it. You have implied that Mairia Cahill is a sectarian killer in another low attempt to smear the woman.

As another example of someone who did not support the GFA.
    Can the fake moralising, it doesn't suit you.

You prefer OO sectarian killers to people who renounced violence and took the peaceful political path because you don't agree with their politics. Bodes well for moving on and reaching out to racists in the DUP.

• Advertisement

As I said, it is a FACT that is mathematically possible that everyone who voted Sinn Fein in the last election was receiving a weekly social welfare payment.

I didn't say there were holes, you are far too clever for tbat.
    I saud you claimed it because you think it demeans the party and massively reveals you, I might add.

The SF stronghold is in social welfare, its not shock to say that. As I said the whole manifesto is to take money off workers and hand to social welfare. Even some posters on here said they voted for them because they want a free house. It's not free, someone is paying for it and that is the Irish worker paying tax

The hate for people working in MNC, the same people are paying 21% income tax to pay for these houses people want free. Paying income tax for people to sit all day on twitter etc complaining about how they are not getting enough social money and not getting a free house quick enough

mate...i voted for em last time.....whats wrong with my job?

The bigger question is why would any working tax payer vote FG?

day on twitter etc complaining about how they are not getting enough social money and not getting a free house quick enough

Never in all my time on Twitter seen any one post that. Any links?

So you have found time to read every post on twitter?
    Personally I wouldn't even know where to start.

So you have found time to read every post on twitter?
    Personally I wouldn't even know where to start.

No, I haven't read every post. But surely if you say:
    all day on twitter etc complaining about how they are not getting enough social money and not getting a free house quick enough

then it follows that you have read lots saying this. Can you link to any? Oh wait, you say 'you wouldn't know where to start' reading twitter.

Did you just make that up then? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

No, I haven't read every post. But surely if you say:

then it follows that you have read lots saying this. Can you link to any? Oh wait, you say 'you wouldn't know where to start' reading twitter.

Did you just make that up then? :D:D

He doesn't have to say mass these days and no old dolls giving him tea and scones and a fifty euro note so lots of free time for the mad priest,

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Wonder will FF/FG copy the unionists and not run against each other in marginal constituencies?
    don't give them any ideas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Nary a one on that on my feed.
    Now let's see, is this right, I don't know, can you believe anything on twitter?
    Surely there must be some truth on it somewhere?

https://twitter.com/FineGael/status/1359955370228260865?s=20

Nary a one on that on my feed.
    Now let's see, is this right, I don't know, can you believe anything on twitter?
    Surely there must be some truth on it somewhere?

https://twitter.com/FineGael/status/1359955370228260865?s=20

Country in lockdown, loads of people out of work and our economy grows.
    So much for the theory of putting everyone in MNC onto the social, great that was.

To be honest no surprise, Huff&Puff and supporters hate it by the way, hate that people have a job and earn a living.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Country in lockdown, loads of people out of work and our economy grows.
    So much for the theory of putting everyone in MNC onto the social, great that was.

To be honest no surprise, Huff&Puff and supporters hate it by the way, hate that people have a job and earn a living.

Income tax collected in January was amazingly 4% higher than the same month last year. Not even the most optimistic of economists could have expected our economy to hold up so well during this.

We should be in good shape coming out the other side of this.

Surely,this would be a lesson if needed,to show that ecomonic growth and its benefit simply isnt being passed onto the average person??

And this obsession with measuring political and social policy againest gdp is fundamentally flawed?

What is an average person? the average person is working in google, IBM, HP etc, buying a house, having kids etc. That is the average person who is then gouged with tax to pay for the rest. That is the person still working during the pandemic, doing his/her job day in day out while trying to do home schooling etc.

The average person is not someone on social media 24 x 7 complaining about everything and everyone, asking why they are not been bought a free house by someone.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Income tax collected in January was amazingly 4% higher than the same month last year. Not even the most optimistic of economists could have expected our economy to hold up so well during this.

We should be in good shape coming out the other side of this.

I stand and applaud those people, we are a couple who have not stopped working during the whole pandemic. We still work now while trying to get home schooling done for our kids everyday.

I don't get a free house, I don't get a Christmas bonus etc etc etc. I don't get a medical card etc etc etc I pay my way for everything. I don't have time to sit on social media 24 x 7, 7 days a week, 365 days a year complaining about the government.

Yet according to Huff&Puff I am the enemy. Loads more people exactly like me, seemingly we are all the enemy.

If gdp is going up,and social conditions arent (they even disimproving here) to my eyes,this isnt sucess

Bit like trump claiming stock market highs as a mighty success as covid and several other social issues rip through the usa......looks to.me,like tonic for 1%,poision for everyone else

I don't live in US. So no idea why you are talking about Trump, I know it is the standard Huff&puff answer to everything but doesn't really mean anything here

Yes I know huff&puff hate the worker but that's is your issue, not mine. Hopefully at the end of this pandemic they total cut the social, no Christmas bonus, take rent for social housing at source. Start making everyone pay for this country we live in.

I taught it was a reasonable comparisom trump.patting himself on back over stock market highs,ffg patting emselves on back over rising gdp.....are stock markets and gdp linked??

Agh yes,nothing quite like targeting the poorest in society to warm.the hearts of liberials,how much will this cutting xmas bonus and HAP save,and how long until it exceeds money and the interest on it,put into banks??

Now you are trying to put down all the people still working, paying taxes etc. Sure who cares about them?

Asking someone to pay rent for the free house they are getting and you are talking about the poorest in society? Rent they already get a money from the government for

What about the person that has to pay
    Mortgage
    House Insurance
    Car tax
    Car insurance
    Childcare
    Health insurance
    and the list goes on. Yeah they are the enemy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Now you are trying to put down all the people still working, paying taxes etc. Sure who cares about them?

Asking someone to pay rent for the free house they are getting and you are talking about the poorest in society?

Mortgage
    House Insurance
    Car tax
    Car insurance
    Childcare
    Health insurance
    and the list goes on. Yeah they are the enemy here. Standard huff&puff. Hate the worker who keeps the country running.

How about a wealth tax too and a vacant property tax? Be all for that so I would. And a derelict property tax/cpo also. Plenty of wealth hoarding going on in society that is detrimental to us.
    See alot of it here in Cork even right in the city center. This thread has hundreds of examples.

https://twitter.com/frank_oconnor/status/1360516948510060546?s=19

Asking someone to pay rent for the free house they are getting and you are talking about the poorest in society? Rent they already get a money from the government for

Mortgage
    House Insurance
    Car tax
    Car insurance
    Childcare
    Health insurance
    and the list goes on. Yeah they are the enemy here.

Have you found any of those tweets yet CF1? Or are you just going to breeze past yet another request for backup?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116260341&postcount=3591

Have you found any of those tweets yet CF1? Or are you just going to breeze past yet another request for backup?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116260341&postcount=3591

Posting the same thing across multiple threads?

You seem to have a lot of time on your hands, knock yourself out. As I said, personally I don't have time to read all of twitter.

smurgen wrote: »
    How about a wealth tax too and a vacant property tax? Be all for that so I would. And a derelict property tax/cpo also. Plenty of wealth hoarding going on in society that is detrimental to us.
    See alot of it here in Cork even right in the city center. This thread has hundreds of examples.

https://twitter.com/frank_oconnor/status/1360516948510060546?s=19

So I mention about taking the rent from people on social, the rent which is actually been paid by the government and should flow to the local council so they can provide more houses

And the answer you put up is to bring in a vacant property tax? :P

• Advertisement

As I said, personally I don't have time to read all of twitter.

But you were able to claim this CrazyFather1?
    all day on twitter etc complaining about how they are not getting enough social money and not getting a free house quick enough

Does 'personally I don't...' mean somebody told you this? And you haven't in fact checked it out?

How can we take a word you say as anything based in fact if you are repeating stuff you haven't checked?

Advertisement