Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Where have i said this??
    Its an emotional charged accusation to attempt to shut down the debate,why like??

You seem unable to outline the cost savings (or any tangible benefits?),from your idea....but seem to think targeting poorest is solution to all your ills??

And again,you are only person calling them,the enenmy,noone has either said,nor implied it

You keep accusing people of "shut down the debate" which multiple times and multiple people have already called you out on. Nobody is shutting down a debate unless a mod closes the thread and this has been pointed out to you loads of times before. SO why do you constantly accuse people of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So I mention about taking the rent from people on social, the rent which is actually been paid by the government and should flow to the local council so they can provide more houses

And the answer you put up is to bring in a vacant property tax? :P

We need a multi tiered approach. Housing costs will come down if more supply is created. There's too much money going to HAP also. You see no problem with vacant and dangerous buildings in our city centers? Or land hoarded when it could be developed?

Now you are trying to put down all the people still working, paying taxes etc. Sure who cares about them?

Asking someone to pay rent for the free house they are getting and you are talking about the poorest in society? Rent they already get a money from the government for

What about the person that has to pay
    Mortgage
    House Insurance
    Car tax
    Car insurance
    Childcare
    Health insurance
    and the list goes on. Yeah they are the enemy here.

Regarding the list you gave there you realize insurance is mentioned alot. That's a touchy subject with FG who have done nothing to tackle the insurance company rhetoric. I don't see anything from you tackling the root cause of these issues?

Excepr this is exactly,what yous are trying to do,by accusing people of all sorts....still waiting for any iota of me hating working people....looks to me,without such proof,it was an emotional trope,to shut down debate...this is easily fixed

Because several here constantly are,unable to discuss anything rationally,they start firing out nonsemse,calling people,racist (same people like to claim other posters also hate white males,whole simutaneoulsy being racist :confused: ),homophobic,now hate people who work....looks to me like an effort to simply silence dissent in place of a countering arguement

This accusation of wanting to shut down debate,is easily put to bed,back up your assertion of me hating people whom work??

Quite how,or why you think accusing people of all sorts,with zero evidence to support it is an appropriate method of debate is deeply perplexing to moi

Discuss rationally? every post you mention something about Trump. As I already confirmed I don't live in the US.

You do seem to have a dislike for anyone working in MNC. You can explain why that is.

I think you will find I said huff&puff which is Sinn Fein hate the worker. So unless you are part of Sinn Fein then I haven't called you anything.

smurgen wrote: »
    Regarding the list you gave there you realize insurance is mentioned alot. That's a touchy subject with FG who have done nothing to tackle the insurance company rhetoric. I don't see anything from you tackling the root cause of these issues?

The average person as I described above, working etc, pay insurance. Hence why it is on list.

• Advertisement

The average person as I described above, working etc, pay insurance. Hence why it is on list.

So why wouldn't FG move to help the average person? I thought there was a promise to help the person who got up early on the morning no?

So why wouldn't FG move to help the average person? I thought there was a promise to help the person who got up early on the morning no?

I have no idea. You need to ask Leo that.

So who are you voting in next election? I am sure you said you wouldn't vote huff&puff if they plan on joining with FF which they made indications they would do the other day. Must have been a terrible blow.

Ah I can't believe I missed the five year anniversary of the turning of the sod on the Cork events center. Congrats to Simon Coveney and the rest of FG for getting it done. Well done to BAM too. What a monumental f up.

https://twitter.com/CorkEventCentre/status/1360335047430205446?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Income tax collected in January was amazingly 4% higher than the same month last year. Not even the most optimistic of economists could have expected our economy to hold up so well during this.

We should be in good shape coming out the other side of this.

That's an amazing statistic indeed, given that so many are on the pup.
    Let's see now, according to some, sorting out insurance is more important than this figure.
    Who cares if theres work for ya as long as your car insurance is cheap and you get a free house with solid welfare payments.

I felt the comparison between stock market high and rising gdp was reasonable as neither transfer on a macro level....if you disagree,but all means rationally outline why not??

Except i dont,why would i??
    Your imagination is running away with yous

Too easy,looks to.me that is a personal accusation againest me??

I hate to tell you just because you feel Trump is relevant in every post everyone else doesn't.

A quick review of previous posts shows you have a clear dislike with MNC and anyone that works in them. No idea why

Sorry if it looks to you but it wasn't and still isn't. So please can you retract the accusation. It would suggest to me you are trying to shut me down in the conversation by saying I made personal comments which I never did.

I discussed a political party, which based on a recent post when you said you would vote Social Dem it has nothing to do with you? do you not agree?

• Advertisement

Ah I can't believe I missed the five year anniversary of the turning of the sod on the Cork events center. Congrats to Simon Coveney and the rest of FG for getting it done. Well done to BAM too. What a monumental f up.

https://twitter.com/CorkEventCentre/status/1360335047430205446?s=19

Middle of pandemic, everything going on
    Yet you are concerned about an events centre which even if built nobody could go to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,729 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

That's an amazing statistic indeed, given that so many are on the pup.
    Let's see now, according to some, sorting out insurance is more important than this figure.
    Who cares if theres work for ya as long as your car insurance is cheap and you get a free house with solid welfare payments.

BEWARE anything emanating from a government involving FF.

Cheap money on international markets has enabled the PUP, not any thing particularly astute by government. As blanch might say, lets wait until this whole thing pans out before we start patting backs. We know how that can go (cough...Celtic Tiger)
    What was it Bertie Ahern advised those who warned about the 'Tiger' to do?
    Bertie wrote:
    Sitting on the sidelines, cribbing and moaning is a lost opportunity. I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide

Middle of pandemic, everything going on
    Yet you are concerned about an events centre which even if built nobody could go to?

It's just another sign of the gross incompetence. Sorry if it upsets you. And regarding the middle of the pandemic comment I could have said that about many items surrounding FG in the last year. Taking holidays in the middle of a pandemic - everything going on.... Payrise for themselves in the middle of a pandemic- everything is going on and voting down paying student nurses - everything going on....

It's just another sign of the gross incompetence. Sorry if it upsets you. And regarding the middle of the pandemic comment I could have said that about many items surrounding FG in the last year. Taking holidays in the middle of a pandemic - everything going on.... Payrise for themselves in the middle of a pandemic- everything is going on and voting down paying student nurses - everything going on....

S~o who you voting for? I'm intrigued?
    Can we rule out FG?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Cheap money on international markets has enabled the PUP, not any thing particularly astute by government. As blanch might say, lets wait until this whole thing pans out before we start patting backs. We know how that can go (cough...Celtic Tiger)

As far as I'm aware FF came in during the pandemic and borrowings based on the performance of government since 2011, not since last June.
    Fair play to FF though in fairness, they've stuck their head above the parapet in recent years, not like the shrinkers and hiders and whingers.
    What Bertie said is hardly attributable to FG, though it might have been about them as they were warning of the impending bust his party's policies were leading to at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Income tax collected in January was amazingly 4% higher than the same month last year. Not even the most optimistic of economists could have expected our economy to hold up so well during this.

We should be in good shape coming out the other side of this.

Wouldnt start throwing that statistic around too much, theres been a massive mess up in PAYE, peoples taxes are all wrong , tax credits cut or gone altogether, most of that 4% and possibly a lot along with it will be going back to the PAYE employees it was taken from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nary a one on that on my feed.
    Now let's see, is this right, I don't know, can you believe anything on twitter?
    Surely there must be some truth on it somewhere?

https://twitter.com/FineGael/status/1359955370228260865?s=20

Yep, never mind the record breaking crises, their economy did well.....
    Means nothing to working people depending on the state to subsidise their rent to Goldman Sachs

As far as I'm aware FF came in during the pandemic and borrowings based on the performance of government since 2011, not since last June.
    Fair play to FF though in fairness, they've stuck their head above the parapet in recent years, not like the shrinkers and hiders and whingers.
    What Bertie said is hardly attributable to FG, though it might have been about them as they were warning of the impending bust his party's policies were leading to at that time.

MM got his swan song term and the rest of FF came back from the depths after melting down the Country. We must thank them....
    Poor FG now commending FF.
    I wonder what murder victims family will be used for the next election now FF/FG are pals?

Can you link to FG warning of the impending bust? I recall FG looking for more spending?
    Labour did voice concern over a coming housing crises...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Wouldnt start throwing that statistic around too much, theres been a massive mess up in PAYE, peoples taxes are all wrong , tax credits cut or gone altogether, most of that 4% and possibly a lot along with it will be going back to the PAYE employees it was taken from

I'll take your word for it regarding that issue, I haven't seen any problems. I assume that issue relates to 2021 tax credits though?

The January income tax takings would be based on December payroll filings, so the takings being up 4% couldn't be because of that.

I'll take your word for it regarding that issue, I haven't seen any problems. I assume that issue relates to 2021 tax credits though?

The January income tax takings would be based on December payroll filings, so the takings being up 4% couldn't be because of that.

The same poster said it would be better to get rid of all MNC and put everyone that works in them on the social. I will leave it at that

• Advertisement

I didn't notice anything on this in the Irish times or indo today. Aul Leo Varadkar still in the hot seat it seems. Good to see the Village still vocal on the issue. They called Leo's bluff. No sign of that defamation case lol.

https://twitter.com/VillageMagIRE/status/1360597752808435715?s=19

I didn't notice anything on this in the Irish times or indo today. Aul Leo Varadkar still in the hot seat it seems. Good to see the Village still vocal on the issue. They called Leo's bluff. No sign of that defamation case lol.

The Village logo is a picture of Leo. Still vocal? the other news story they have is someone putting in new windows :P

Just to confirm, when exactly did Leo mention anything about a defamation case about The Village?

Accountability will be an odd thing to see....if it happens.

The Village logo is a picture of Leo.

This is their 'logo'. logo.jpg

This is their 'logo'. logo.jpg

From twitter their logo
    https://twitter.com/VillageMagIRE/photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Money is cheap because of the pandemic.
    If it were not for the pandemic, there would be no need for the PUP.

That is NOT a logo.

Seriously, are you going to argue this one too? :D:D:D

markodaly wrote: »
    Money is cheap because of the pandemic.
    If it were not for the pandemic, there would be no need for the PUP.

So with massive closure of business, the airport doing 10% of normal biz, zero tourism, revenues down, massive expenditure, and the economy is 'growing'?

You buying that one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So with massive closure of business, the airport doing 10% of normal biz, zero tourism, revenues down, massive expenditure, and the economy is 'growing'?

You buying that one?

Who said the economy was growing?

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    Who said the economy was growing?

Ahem.

https://twitter.com/FineGael/status/1359955370228260865?s=19

Advertisement