Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So with massive closure of business, the airport doing 10% of normal biz, zero tourism, revenues down, massive expenditure, and the economy is 'growing'?

You buying that one?

Who said the economy was growing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

markodaly wrote: »
    Who said the economy was growing?

Ahem.

https://twitter.com/FineGael/status/1359955370228260865?s=19

So with massive closure of business, the airport doing 10% of normal biz, zero tourism, revenues down, massive expenditure, and the economy is 'growing'?

You buying that one?

gdp is rising.....draw from that your own conclusions on how econmic growth benefits the country....given the sh1tshow of social issues building up,but papered over by various covid restrictions.......

but as meme says,liberial logic = graph geos up,life is gooder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

smurgen wrote: »

By 'the economy' do they mean 'our own'?

So it's in the Sunday times that Simon Harris has spoken to Gardai relaxing to the on going criminal investigation into Leo Varadkar's leaking of a confidential documents. Is it not normal in most companies or organizations for someone to take leave or step aside while they're being investigated by authorities?

• Advertisement

So it's in the Sunday times that Simon Harris has spoken to Gardai relaxing to the on going criminal investigation into Leo Varadkar's leaking of a confidential documents. Is it not normal in most companies or organizations for someone to take leave or step aside while they're being investigated by authorities?

Depends on the nature of what’s being investigated. Obviously nothing serious, in this case. Of course Mr Harris would be spoken to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Depends on the nature of what’s being investigated. Obviously nothing serious, in this case. Of course Mr Harris would be spoken to.

I am sure the Village will be asking for someone to take leave or step aside while they investigate who replaced the windows in the house :p

Ha the nothing to see here brigade. This is rumbling on and on and on. Flashbacks of Maria Bailey. If it was a normal party he'd step aside but sure corruption and deception is part and parcel of the FG party. Coveney should have taken the reigns and cleaned out that greedy self serving cronies. I fear FG is now forever tainted. It is the party of Law and Order no more.

it should be interesting to see,what is the full story here....the excuses/line fed to the dail,dont stand up to scrutiny and are largly contradicting of each other

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This post is full of contradictions, you open it by stating that it's dependent on what's being investigated, indicating you don't know.

Follow that up, by then stating that whatever it is, it's nothing serious. How do you know , considering your earlier sentence?

Lastly you go on to say "of course Harris would be spoken to"

Try saying it in reverse.

Of course Harris would be spoken to by Gardai, about something you don't have a breeze about, nor the seriousness of what it is?

He was probably just having a yarn with Drew about his upcoming Friday night appearance on the late late show I reckon, enjoying milk and cookies discussing the 18 covids before no 19 came along.

• Advertisement

Just reading the full article in the UK Times.

If, what they're reporting is true, seems the logical next step would be Leo will be interviewed too.

They say they've interviewed Chay Bowes, who has handed over phone evidence and documents, and also spoken with Harris, seems fairly likely to me that Leo and zero craic will need to be interviewed too.
    “That the NBCI are still looking at this four months after the complaint was made is probably significant,” Doherty said yesterday. “Fine Gael tried to suggest there was nothing to see here. Now we know at least one senior minister has been questioned by gardai, so this is a very serious issue.”
    Suppose it's serious/not serious depending how you look at it.

I'd not like to be caught up in the midst of it though. Just saying.
    Garda Headquarters has been advised that the disclosure of the document might in fact be a breach of the Official Secrets Act, contrary to the tanaiste’s assertion, as it prohibits office holders from disclosing information unless authorised to do so.

This could mean that Varadkar’s decision to pass the document to another person without authorisation from the relevant minister might constitute an offence.

The NBCI is thought to be gathering evidence to establish the exact sequence of events surrounding the disclosure, and will then decide if there are grounds to commence a criminal investigation.

The Department of Health is thought to have given detectives information setting out the chronology of events.

The NBCI, an elite unit based in Dublin, has been checking the status of the contract, as to whether it was “classified” or “confidential”. Varadkar has not been interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »

If, what they're reporting is true, seems the logical next step would be Leo will be interviewed too.

They say they've interviewed Chay Bowes, who has handed over phone evidence and documents, and also spoken with Harris, seems fairly likely to me that Leo and zero craic will need to be interviewed too.

It's all gone away they said. :)

The 'phone evidence and documents' from Bowes, I wonder are they different to the O'Toole ones published in the Village?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

And Mary saying only 9 hours ago, 'nuthin serious here folks'. Move on.

Fann Linn wrote: »

Lot of deadhead morons peddling FG nonsense round these ways. Hope they get paid double of a Sunday.

it should be interesting to see,what is the full story here....the excuses/line fed to the dail,dont stand up to scrutiny and are largly contradicting of each other

Its a legal case now, you won't hear anything. if anything this actually restricts anything anyone in the Dail can ask.

You have no idea what is true or not. Neither do I.

Fann Linn wrote: »

Seen the last few weeks a few people shouting and roaring about MM going to America which turned out to be a non story. This could all be the same so I wouldn't be jumping for joy yet.

As I said on last thread, will be interesting to see who people can post about if Leo gets the boot. Majority of posts on here are about him from a couple of people very obsessed about him.

Seen the last few weeks a few people shouting and roaring about MM going to America which turned out to be a non story. This could all be the same so I wouldn't be jumping for joy yet.

As I said on last thread, will be interesting to see who people can post about if Leo gets the boot. Majority of posts on here are about him from a couple of people very obsessed about him.

Cause he's a langer. Be great if he got booted out of politics might restore some faith.

Cause he's a langer. Be great if he got booted out of politics might restore some faith.

So far any politician that is not part of huff&puff you have an issue with, what are you talking about restoring some faith?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I said at the time that he would bring FG back to their election level in the polls, but I didn't think he'd bring the Gardai in.
    More to come on this yet.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

smurgen is threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I said at the time that he would bring FG back to their election level in the polls, but I didn't think he'd bring the Gardai in.
    More to come on this yet.

Gerry brought the Gardai in and nothing came of it.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet.

Wowsers. Words fail me.

Sorry but this is factually incorrect, no-one was giving out about Michaél Martin "going to America"

They were giving out about him intending to go, if he got an invitation.

It didn't exactly turn out to be a non story now, did it? The story ramped up a few notches when the yanks knocked the feet from under him, by very publicly telling him he wasn't invited.

To summarize, he's not going to America through his own decision/free will. He's going because the Americans had to have the cop-on to tell him to stay in Ireland.

Pandemic and all.

You know all this already, because you were jumping up and down, and throwing shapes about it over on the actual thread about Michaél Martin and the on/off visit to the states.

Sorry but this is factually incorrect, no-one was giving out about Michaél Martin "going to America"

They were giving out about him intending to go, if he got an invitation.

It didn't exactly turn out to be a non story now, did it? The story ramped up a few notches when the yanks knocked the feet from under him, by very publicly telling him he wasn't invited.

To summarize, he's not going to America through his own decision/free will. He's going because the Americans had to have the cop-on to tell him to stay in Ireland.

Pandemic and all.

You know all this already, because you were jumping up and down, and throwing shapes about it over on the actual thread about Michaél Martin and the on/off visit to the states.

Its hard to believe,martin wants everyone in the state,confined to 5km......and him to be left gowl around washington with a bowl of shamrock

The millions spend on PR and advisors,and not a stem of commonsense between any of em

Government ministers interviewed by John law....run of the mill :)
    I bet they wish Micheal was going to Washington for the distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Government ministers interviewed by John law....run of the mill :)
    I bet they wish Micheal was going to Washington for the distraction.
    They probably wish Maria Baileys swing was still a thing.
    Any distraction.
    If it gains momentum, the media and social media would likely call for Leo's head, but for the fact that it would collapse the government. That might save him.
    It would be interesting though, to see how the campaigns might work. No pubs, no cold calling, no fundraisers..

Suckit wrote: »
    They probably wish Maria Baileys swing was still a thing.
    Any distraction.
    If it gains momentum, the media and social media would likely call for Leo's head, but for the fact that it would collapse the government. That might save him.
    It would be interesting though, to see how the campaigns might work. No pubs, no cold calling, no fundraisers..

Ah sure some shinner must have sent some dodgy tweet some time ago... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

See Terri's offspring(?) on the telly preaching about the evils of drink and how it should be more expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

See Terri's offspring(?) on the telly preaching about the evils of drink and how it should be more expensive

Who?

Advertisement