Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

McMurphy wrote: »
    Even a fleeting glance at Bailey's twitter account will leave you in no doubt that she's still attached to the teat of Fine Gwael in some shape or form.

Not a doubt about it.

Sure you just have to look at the likes of McGahon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nice article on the Corkonians, they sound delightful.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40231541.html

Nice article on the Corkonians, they sound delightful.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40231541.html

kinda have to have respect for them too......only for some spelling errors,would have run into the millions

This was an enterprise,while illegal,of some merit in its technicality and methods,with a good degree of sophistication to cover their tracks....never too greedy to roast banks etc for too much at one time

If they had put such skills and planning to non-nefarious actions,they would have alot to offer the state........a movie could be made on this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

A government department accidentally paid someone money they should not have paid them, via an automated system, is comparable with a sophisticated and elegant fraudulent scheme to defraud banks of hundreds of thousands.

Whataboutery level = through the roof. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭CarProblem

Fine Gael's Decade in Power

As I've often said to friends, in 2011 I voted for FG and unfortunately got FF again. 2016 and 2020 were a case of "fool me once......."

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭CarProblem

CarProblem wrote: »

As I've often said to friends, in 2011 I voted for FG and unfortunately got FF again. 2016 and 2020 were a case of "fool me once......."

Awaits people (i.e. FG supporters) scoffing and refusing to read "cos it's Gript"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

A government department accidentally paid someone money they should not have paid them, via an automated system, is comparable with a sophisticated and elegant fraudulent scheme to defraud banks of hundreds of thousands.

Whataboutery level = through the roof. :D

FG have trouble with criminality were profit is accrued, they can't see the problem, hit someone in the face and walk off you are a violent thug, hit someone in the face,steal their wallet and walk off ,you are a budding entrepreneur

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

CarProblem wrote: »

This was entirely foreseeable, indeed inevitable given that FG faces no serious challenge to its right. I'd say only a pretty naive person thought they were going to get seriously conservative fiscal and social policies from FG in government...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

This was entirely foreseeable, indeed inevitable given that FG faces no serious challenge to its right. I'd say only a pretty naive person thought they were going to get seriously conservative fiscal and social policies from FG in government...

*puts hand up*
    TBF, we were in such dire straits as a nation I thought we had turned a page.
    Kenny's government had a tough job but instead of 'changing the way we do business' they continued. I felt/feel robbed. Not for the vote, but for the belief.
    As the last decade has shown FG have absolutely no regard for the public and a dislike of all things Irish in general IMO. They would happily have us all answering to Westminster if Westminster looked after FG's 'own'.
    With their councilor O'Leary admiring the blueshirts and wanting a state commemoration for the RIC/Tans, it seems they've not changed since inception.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

*puts hand up*
    TBF, we were in such dire straits as a nation I thought we had turned a page.
    Kenny's government had a tough job but instead of 'changing the way we do business' they continued. I felt/feel robbed. Not for the vote, but for the belief.
    As the last decade has shown FG have absolutely no regard for the public and a dislike of all things Irish in general IMO. They would happily have us all answering to Westminster if Westminster looked after FG's 'own'.
    With their councilor O'Leary admiring the blueshirts and wanting a state commemoration for the RIC/Tans, it seems they've not changed since inception.

Ah in fairness they try protect the Irish Religious leaders and their rape, tourture etc.

Even in 2021 they are helping cover it up

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Fine Gael completely abnegate the poor to Sinn Fein.

Looks to me like a future complicity of these two.

How do any fine Gael supporters feel about a racist from the DUP being invited as a guest speaker to a recent FG members conference and their associates in the Loyalist paramilitaries stating they no longer support the GFA, with some claiming they never did?
    Should FG be associating with such people considering their supposed stance from a moral ground against Sinn Fein and their membership from the former IRA, even though they signed up to and still support the GFA?

How do any fine Gael supporters feel about a racist from the DUP being invited as a guest speaker to a recent FG members conference and their associates in the Loyalist paramilitaries stating they no longer support the GFA, with some claiming they never did?
    Should FG be associating with such people considering their supposed stance from a moral ground against Sinn Fein and their membership from the former IRA, even though they signed up to and still support the GFA?

lol [not barely a clue abt.nthn.ireland] but, would the Unionists liaise with Fine Gael if they realised the Global [not just England] airheads that Fine Gael are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Late to the party, this was discussed some weeks back.
    But bring it up again sure.

markodaly wrote: »
    Late to the party, this was discussed some weeks back.
    But bring it up again sure.

It was in the news this morning. If you've no interest in answering...why bother your barney?

It was in the news this morning. If you've no interest in answering...why bother your barney?

What was in the News? That FG had some DUP people at one of their conferences, 2-3 years back, alone with people from the SDLP, UUP and Alliance?

'News' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's the FG way James...'selectiveness'...selective about who the victims were and selective about the side they are on ultimately. The will ally with anyone if it can damage those who represent the majority of Irish people in the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

What was in the News? That FG had some DUP people at one of their conferences, 2-3 years back, alone with people from the SDLP, UUP and Alliance?

I take it the trawling through SF social media accounts going back years has stopped so?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I am like you, I missed this headline this morning. Did An Phravda run a story? I don't check there for news.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    I am like you, I missed this headline this morning. Did An Phravda run a story? I don't check there for news.

Simply playing the fools to dodge the question. Yis might be better off not responding than trying to look foolish and succeeding.

Here it is again with the news bit highlighted, which I'm sure you know but if you want to be led by the hand it's in bold for you.

And here's a link.

statwal.jpg

What's this about the Land Development Agency is now to be made a Private Company, and is to sell-off land to mainly to private developers. Sounds very much like a Fine Gael/FF cosy scheme.

What's this about the Land Development Agency is now to be made a Private Company, and is to sell-off land to mainly to private developers. Sounds very much like a Fine Gael/FF cosy scheme.

I don’t know, tell us more.

Do you have a link to a tweet or a Facebook group, so we know this is factually accurate?

Sounds like Fake News of the type you get on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Great we need more houses available for working people to buy, supply just is not there at the moment.

Need to be at the least looking at suggestions to reduce house prices

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Great we need more houses available for working people to buy, supply just is not there at the moment.

Need to be at the least looking at suggestions to reduce house prices

Someone was kiteflying a 1% household tax on another thread, that would be €5-6k a year for Dublin, that would drive everything down,
    I think there probably needs to be price limits, price the house on condition,BER rating rather than location

Social Democrats housing spokesperson Cian O'Callaghan said the proposed changes were "effectively privatisation of public land through the backdoor being dressed up as an affordability measure".

Under the Bill, which is due to be debated in the Dáil on Wednesday, councils will be able to transfer State lands to the Land Development Agency (LDA) without a vote from councillors to put the agency on a statutory footing.

It now makes sense why FF/FG/Greens are pushing through the new affordability scam that everyone tells us will drive up prices.
    FF/FG/Greens are thieving from the public by the looks, not the first time.

I have done quite a search on this since and it is completely fake news. Here is the Land Development Agency Bill

https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/bill/2021/11/eng/initiated/b1121d.pdf

Section 24 (4) states:

"The whole of the issued share capital of the Agency shall be held by the Minister and the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform."

What this means is that the Government is proposing legislation to make it illegal for the company to be privatised, that it can only be owned by the two Ministers. I can't understand where posters might have got the idea that it is going to be made a private company. Maybe they are being misled by fake news, maybe they don't understand company law, maybe they are deep in conspiracy theory land, maybe they are so blinded by hatred of FG that they don't see reality, maybe all of the above, or something different.

I would suggest, based on the records of FF/FG, aided and abetted by the Greens currently, the idea that any council can decide to pass public land to the LDA to do with what it will, with no vote from any councillors needed, is a fair thing to be concerned about.
    The illogical conspiracy fake news angle would be peddling the story that FF/FG aren't screwing the public for private profits IMO. It's who they are.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    I don’t know, tell us more.

Do you have a link to a tweet or a Facebook group, so we know this is factually accurate?

i heard it on deh youtube. someone called christianmorristv. The 'with deepest sympathy'. interesting though, at 5mins. I think what he is musing about is, if the LDA is made private, who in the now private LDA will benefit from the sales.

He says, "will the Land Development Agency now be made private". i.e. then "privately" sell off parcels of state owned land to commercial developers. This sounds like a no-brainer - F.F.builders will maul them down and make a mint privately for themselves. As usual.

Advertisement